FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   New here - looking for a diet buddy...? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/1024-new-here-looking-diet-buddy.html)

wangchukdrolma 09-22-2012 01:54 PM

Also looking for a motivational buddy!

Hi everyone - I'm also looking for suport. I am at 159 and trying to get back down to 140 - and someday ideally down to 130. I gained 19 pounds since last December, so I do have my work cut out for me. I was living in Vietnam and India, which was mostly great for my dieting ;) but my parents tend to keep a big supply of all the naughty stuff on hand! So my willpower has been tested and found wanting !

At my heaviest I was 185...so I have done a pretty good job in losing it the first time around. I need to motivate myself and get back to counting calories...that is what works for me, as I am always pretty active...but I do tend to eat everything I see!!!

I also started a pretty stressful social work job, and the first three months were difficult. I feel that I have settled in, so now I am not tempted to eat...I am quite the emotional eater.

I joined a challenge at my gym and am trying to get motivated and on track for it. I would like to be down to 140 by Dec. 15 but don't think that is reasonable. I find I am comfortable when I consume around 1200- 1600 calories. I am boosting my workouts and going running and lifting weights, as I think that will definitely help.

I am in my mid-30s, recently married and have no kids. Really miss my guy as he is still in India - he will be coming here in a few months I hope. Am going back to India to visit him in jan or feb.

Anyways, please drop me a line here or send me your email address. I'd love to hear from you and offer you all the support I can!

luv L

JDreamcast 10-02-2012 05:36 PM

Hello I am new hope to try and change my current lifestyle. This is the first step :)

cookma1123 10-08-2012 02:29 AM

Hey - I am new to this whole thing, but I have a very similar goal to you! I am trying to go from 171 to 145. Good luck!

newgoldengirl 10-11-2012 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by cookma1123 (Post 90211)
Hey - I am new to this whole thing, but I have a very similar goal to you! I am trying to go from 171 to 145. Good luck!

hi im new too. calorie counting. a plan i saw on a program, i would like to have a buddy to talk to Ive put my phone # in a private message for u . text me.

CoreenF 10-13-2012 01:04 AM

Hello all I've been on fit day before and had great success with it. I was 208 at my heaviest got down to 188 and am creeping back up there now at 190.2. Not sure why the point 2 makes a difference but it does. Looking for buddies who will keep in touch atleast every other day if not every day. Hoping to find some who are willing to motivate eachother. Only had two cups of coffee so far and logged it in calories OMG 218 for 2 coffee's!

csabella 10-13-2012 08:25 AM

Welcome and good luck with your fitness goals. I agree finding support is crucial to your success. I've lost 5.2 pounds in almost 2 weeks, just by changing my diet and exercising 4 times a week. Keep us updated on your progress. I have to work all weekend , but I will check back in on you :)

[email protected] 10-14-2012 06:30 AM

Hello everyone,
My name is Sunita and I am 25. I am hoping to go from 151 to 130 which has always been my ultimate goal. I would love to reach this so I can finally feel my clothes fit me nicely. I am also trying to reduce my weight so I can buy a new set of business suits for a new role I have at work. I am looking for a weight loss buddy to help me in this journey, whom I can help as well so we can celebrate our victory together :).

PlainJane_ws 10-19-2012 08:07 AM

New

Hi, I just signed up on this site. My immediate motivation is that one of my friends, with whom I roomed while at a recent conference, told me about she and her bf lost 15 lbs since August on weight watchers, which she said is all about watching your portions. At a couple of restaurants I was surprised how small the portions seemed, and then really discouraged when she said that they were what normal portions should be...whereas I felt like I was eating a trial-size tuna steak in one case. I am usually pretty good about exercising, but for about the past 3 weeks I have had no energy. I even left halfway thru the last fitness class I went to, even tho it is my favorite. I have made an appt with behavioral health on my campus (grad student, share campus with a hospital) to get my meds for depression checked out, so that gives me something to look forward too, but basically I feel pretty discouraged. I would like a buddy.

emersonkelly 10-22-2012 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by SarahLou120385 (Post 10378)
Glad to here you're having a good day with it - I am too, I've taken to keeping a big bottle of water next to me for whenever my stomach gets grumbly between meals, and tomorrow's looking to be a good day too, since I'll be out pretty much all day, so seriously limited snack temptations there :) all in all it's looking to be a good first weekend for my diet!

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

I am new to this forum...one suggestion for you.....drinking water with empty stomach in the morning is good for health but don't drink lot of water between meals when your stomach gets grumbly because it makes feel uncomfortable and sometimes it results in giddiness!! :)

CarolynCropper 11-16-2012 08:55 AM

New and needing help

:) Hi, i'm Carolyn, 38yr old mother of 2...5'1 and a whopping 211lbs!
I have gained 60lbs in the last year due to illness and lack of movement.
I have no idea what kind of diet to start on here. Any suggestions?
I could really use some help with this...