Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
New here - looking for a diet buddy...? >

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Community
Notices

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday started day one of aqua aerobics and I actually enjoyed it. It was much easier on my joints and I worked up a sweat, which really surprised me. I slept so well last night and woke up bright and early and in a great mood.
What is helping me is remembering that I have the choice to make this one meal one that will move me forward in my life or push me back. I make myself look at it that way each time I eat. What do I choose? Life or Death??? I choose life...this one meal at a time.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SarahLou120385
Hi all, I'm Sarah, I'm 25 and currently trying to go from 172lbs to 140lbs. I'm looking for someone to chat to on a daily basis to trade tips with and who can help keep me on track and for whom I can do the same, as sticking power has always been my failing point with diets so far. Anyone interested?

Sarah x
Hi, My name is Kim. I'm brand new to this. Started yesterday. I'm currently trying to go down from 195. I set a small goal for myself by next month to lose 10 pounds, but ulitmately when it is all said and done I want to get back down to where I'm suppose to be around 130. Wow that sounds like a lot.

Kim
Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by leslieiwhiteside
let me add I am mother of two teen girls, wife and work aholic.. I am in my mid 30's my email is [email protected]...
You and I sound a lot a like. I'm also a workaholic. I seem to spend all my time working and doing very little else. Gonna try to get my butt out from in front of my work tonight and go for a walk!

Hope you are doing well

Kim
Old 02-29-2012, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Introducing myself and looking for a diet buddy

Hi Everyone. My name is Kim. I'm 39 years old, have a total of 6 kids between my husband and I and have a small farm (horses, chickens, a pig, and dogs) and I work from home. I'm a workaholic and seem to spend most my time right here in front of my computer working.

I'm trying to change my weight from 199 to 130, but I'm setting smaller goals in between. I'm already eating healthier now I just have to find time get my butt out of this chair and do some exercising. Thinking of starting to walk.

Looking for anyone that would like to be a diet buddy.

Kim
Old 02-29-2012, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

hi! i'm new and looking for a dite buddy too i've got only 15 to loss but i'm serius so please feel free to contact!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi - new here too -- would love weight loss partner!

Hi - I am Cheryl, age 40 -- and somewhere along the line allowed myself to get fat! Well, it was after my last baby but he's six now so I can't really call it baby weight anymore, can I?

I want to lose around 40 lbs. I started at the beginning of February and I have lost 8 lbs this month just by writing down what I eat. It certainly makes me think twice about putting something in my mouth knowing I am committed to logging it in - and it was shocking to discover I was eating well over 3,000 calories per day! I am not sticking to 1200 - 1500 per day. I love exercising - always have - so I have that going for me. I have always been "active" but now I want to be really FIT. I refuse to let my 40's get the best of me ;-P

I would love to have someone to chat with and weigh in with and cheer each other on. I refuse to let my husband know how much I weigh - lol! I don't look like I weigh as much as I do because I am very muscular - 140 lbs for me is really thin - perfect size 8. I am shooting for 145 - 150 as my goal weight. When I was 140 before my BMI was 21. I weigh 187 at this moment, size 12 - God only knows what my BMI is. Fat. And I can't stand it anymore! It's also about the health risks that go alone with obesity - all of which run in my family - and I have finally admitted I am no spring chicken! hahaha! Anyone else relate to still feeling as good as they did at 25??? But nope. I am NOT 25.

I really want to be down to at LEAST 170 by my birthday in May. That's my short-term goal.

Have a healthy day!

Cheryl
Old 03-01-2012, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Smile New looking for a buddy!!

Hi all my name is Daniel I am from the Chicago Area and I am new to this site. I am currently around 285 lbs looking to lose about 100 pounds or more!! I tried other programs but I hit the weight loss wall, and never had the support to break through it. I been married 10 years on 3/13 and have two boys 9 and 4 years old. I looking for a buddy to help with my journey. If you would like to assist please hit me up. Wish me luck. Thank you all!!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:19 PM
FitDay Member

Default Need a buddy

Hi. I am a south african. I am a 30 Year old mother of three kiddies and I need to loose about 25kg (57 pounds). I would like to have a buddy to share the journey with, so if anyone is interested?
Old 03-15-2012, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi!

My name is Laurie, and it looks like we are in the same boat! I am at 170, but i was 172 at the doctor's office, and I would love to get down to 140. I've been putting this off for too long, and i was actually surprised at this weight gain. Looking foward to see how you do with this, and i will try hard to make progress too! hang tough girl, I see lost pounds in our future!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Cheryl, my name is Laurie. I'm 43 and i couldn't help but laugh when i read your post, i think i would vomit if my bf saw how much i weigh, hahaha, one way to lose weight! i peek over my shoulder to make sure he doesn't see my fit day profile! i'm at 170 and i'm trying to get down to 140... ugh, a long way 2 go... but alas, i'm trying to stay dedicated, and i think i may even join a gym as walking the dog isn't cutting it anymore. best wishes to you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.