Notices

Getting on track and giving it another go

Old 09-04-2013, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Default Getting on track and giving it another go

Hello. I'm here to get on track to being fit and healthy for the first time since I was a teenager. Quite a long time ago! I'm working with a nutritionist, and I'll be working with an exercise coach coming up too. My son and I went to the gym for the 1st time today, and we both did really well considering it was our first time. He is 13 and wants a 6 pack. So we are here to motivate each other.

My problem is that I am an outstanding cook, and I love tasty foods that aren't necessarily the healthiest. But, I'm learning to modify my recipes so they are better and I'm trying to learn moderation. I've completely stopped buying chips, Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, etc. that are packaged and processed crap. I do make my family sweet or savory treats probably 2x a week to prevent a complete mutiny. I have increased our fruits and vegetables, and I need to get back to using whole wheat again.

Looking forward to being on here and reading what others have to offer. See you on the skinny side!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

It sounds like you have all the tools and motivation to be successful. Good luck!
Old 09-11-2013, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
Hello. I'm here to get on track to being fit and healthy for the first time since I was a teenager. Quite a long time ago! I'm working with a nutritionist, and I'll be working with an exercise coach coming up too. My son and I went to the gym for the 1st time today, and we both did really well considering it was our first time. He is 13 and wants a 6 pack. So we are here to motivate each other.

My problem is that I am an outstanding cook, and I love tasty foods that aren't necessarily the healthiest. But, I'm learning to modify my recipes so they are better and I'm trying to learn moderation. I've completely stopped buying chips, Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, etc. that are packaged and processed crap. I do make my family sweet or savory treats probably 2x a week to prevent a complete mutiny. I have increased our fruits and vegetables, and I need to get back to using whole wheat again.

Looking forward to being on here and reading what others have to offer. See you on the skinny side!

If you need some more motivation and a like minded partner who is working like you are , here is where i write my exercise schedules and plans everyday..

Amit's Transformation