Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 8/12/13

Old 08-12-2013, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, yeah, there are restaurants here like that, too where everything is delicious, but high carb, high fat, and high calorie except for a side of broccoli--and the salads are nutrition void iceberg lettuce. Nice Monday report! Kudos on your walking today!

Count Mike, I hope all is well with you. Goodnight.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Evening all. I went shopping in three different stores so got a lot of walking in today. I went through the grocery store and didn't buy any junk food. This evening I am working on cross stitch picxture for a friend so far it has taken 18 months. It is 20 inches buy 27 inches solid 18 count adia. Almost to last row. At least I'll be moving my arms.
I am finding it real hard to stay away from the not so good food. I have a not full feeling alot, but that will pass as my body ajusts to less sugar and fat.
Hope every one has a good evening. Nyda
Old 08-12-2013, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

Tim Hortons started out as a coffee and doughnut shop but now they sell a lot of stuff like McDonalds has and that's all I'm going to say about that.
Good but no good.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Mike - First time in 4 years over 200 isn't so bad

RS - Congratz on another good week, you never seem to have a bad one

Goals

1. Exercise like a madman
M-806
2. Under 2k calories per day
M-1626
3. Keep fat intake under control
M-28.8
4. 3 fruit/veg per day
M-3
5. 3 clients acquired this week
M-0
6. Don't rack a disciprine
M-N
Old 08-12-2013, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I'm back from the family reunion. The Maine lobster stocks have been decimated, potato chip stocks have taken a sudden uptick, and somehow I am down a pound. Must have been all that hiking. My knees may forgive me some day. But it's time to be serious again if my winter clothing is going to fit when needed.

Goals:
1. Weigh, measure, and record everything eaten
2. Keep calories at 1400
3. Two liters of water per day (to wash away all that vacation salt and sugar)
Old 08-13-2013, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Mel-Mc. Not many people lose weight while on vaca. I am with you on wanting my winter clothes to fit. Tuesday seems to be a better weigh day for me. I am at 173.1 this morning. Evening walks will be part of my routine from now on.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Goals
1. Drink 6 glasses of water yes
2. Keep to carb limit a little over
3. 4 servings of fruits and veggies 3
4. Exercise 3X yes

Not awful but could be better.
Libby good job on losing 2lbs!

Jenn
Old 08-13-2013, 02:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi all! I hope you all are doing good with your goals! In a few weeks, I should reach my halfway point! I am getting excited. I will then share my story along with pictures that I have been capturing the steps toward my health journey.

Libby: Nice job on the weight loss!

Adyndravo1: Yes, junk food is an evil temptation at times. It will take time to not feel hungry, but the hungry feeling quit after a couple of weeks for me. I used to cross stitch huge pictures that ended up looking like paintings. I miss that hobby. I am hoping to start that back up when I have more spare time. Maybe you can post a picture of it when you are done? I would love to see it.

Robin: Traveling is a difficult time when it comes to weight loss. I hope everything turns out good with your son's eye surgery.

Mern: The homemade veggies sounds great. Would you mind to share the recipe? I am always looking for something new to eat to break up the boring pattern of vegetables for every meal.

Mike: Your goals are looking good this week.

Ian: Your goals are looking good this week, too. Yes, I have had good days the past 3 months, even though some have been very emotional. The three last months are starting to shine over the bad few years I allowed myself to experience. I will never allow myself to become so unhealthy that it interrupts my life again.

Mel-Mc: Welcome back! Your family reunion must have been great.

Jenn: You seem to always get your exercise goal accomplished. That is one area I am lacking in. I need to step it up and increase my exercise.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks RenewedSoul. We have had so much rain this summer that I've had to cut the grass more often. That and cleaning (lugged 2 big bags of garbage to the curb) is not exactly "fun" exercise but it counts!

Have beef stew cooking in the crockpot and have to figure out what to put with it. Hmm I think we have fresh green beans. Lots of veggies

Jenn
Old 08-13-2013, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

RenewedSoul, I don't have any cut in stone recipe for either my homemade veggie soup or for the sausage and peppers casserole with fresh veggies. I mostly cook by "dump and taste" method, but I could "guesstimate" how much I use of each ingredient and tell you how I cook it. Which one did you want--the soup or the casserole?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.