FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-15-2013 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9865-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-7-15-2013-a.html)

Mern 07-15-2013 02:05 AM

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-15-2013

Good morning everyone.

I intend to do my best this week on food, water, and exercise.

Goals same as always and I'll post them tonight or tomorrow with my Monday report.

quinnesec 07-15-2013 02:24 AM

Good Morning Mern!

We started threads at the same time... oops! :o

I feel really motivated this week. I'm feeling great, my strength is doing amazingly well and I'm ready to keep pushing. It's suppose to be in the mid-90's today so my slave driver/coach/husband pulled me out of bed at 7:30 this morning and told me to get my walk in before it got too hot and I had an excuse. :) I'm glad he did though... it's absolutely gorgeous this morning... the very best part of the day! 1.5 miles in today... check! :D

Goals for this week are a little vague, but it's hard to tell what they should be...:confused:

1. Increase walking distance every other day as tolerated working toward 4 mile goal.

2. Eat only nutrient-rich, healthy food. No bakery, soda, deep fried, fast food... nothing. (Hard because well-meaning friends and neighbors keep dropping off incredibly delicious food and baked goods. Gotta love my chef buddies... they are the best!)

3. Do something each day that I couldn't do the day before.

Mern 07-15-2013 02:35 AM

Quinn, great minds think alike. :p I like your START FRESH addition, though.

Great to read that you're strength is doing amazingly well. I love your simple but aimed-straight-at-improvement goals.

UGH, it's supposed to be in the 90s here all week. I'll be exercising in the air conditioning in my living room.

Mern 07-15-2013 02:42 AM

Terri Taubele, wishing you great happiness as you celebrate today.

http://www.wishyoucard.com/assets/ca...quet/Terri.jpg

libby116 07-15-2013 03:02 AM

calories under 1,100:
exercise 7k:
water 8 glasses:

I need a FRESH START and these are my goals for the week. My weight was up from last week 179 from 178.4 so I want to lose that plus more this week.
My plan is to exercise every day and to drink a green smoothie for breakfast every morning. Lets all have a great week.

The green smoothie turned out to be a green chunky. yuk. I am going to eat my vegies instead of drink them. As for the exercise, it's too hot. I'll do what I can.

Mern 07-15-2013 03:08 AM

Mike, can you fix my misspelling of the word Starting in the title of this thread?

Quinn, we should have gone with your opening. You can spell! LOL

I have these other special days we're celebrating this month in our group. Anyone else have a birthday, anniversary or other special occasion for which we can congratulate you?

Quinn--birthday July 19
Hope and her DH-- wedding anniversary July 25 (31st in 2013?)
Pam (RunBikeSki) who posts to us sometimes-- birthday July 28

jjrudd 07-15-2013 03:32 AM

Quinn you are doing so well!

My goals will be simple this week as it is too hot to do much--40 celcius with humidity ALL week. We have a/c but I think it's working at full capacity today!

GOALS
1. Keep to carb limit
2. Drink at least 6 glasses of water--probably should do more!!
3. 4 servings of fruits/veggies
4. Work on some writing
5. Clean kitchen

Jenn

Robingen 07-15-2013 04:29 AM

Good Monday everyone.

I have no goals yet. Other than to stay cool lol. The heat bothers me a lot (MS) and so I really need to just listen to my body's needs. I pushed myself on the weekend (on-going struggle) and was cranky.

Went for a noon hour swim. It was cooling. Nice.

Libby good luck with the green smoothies. Very nutritious. I saw a 3 day watermelon fast. Tempting haha.

episode2011 07-15-2013 04:49 AM

Geez, it has been so long since I last posted. Had some unscheduled things happen two weeks ago (nothing bad, just extremely time consuming), then last week I was embarrassed 'cause I hadn't posted the week before :D. Today, I figured it was time to put on my big girl pants and jump back in. So here I am!

Didn't do too badly food-wise over the past two weeks, but sort of slacked on the activity side. I need to get back to the physicals. Doing physical stuff is not "natural" for me -- I have to make myself do things. I'd much rather be on the computer. I guess you could say I'm whatever the opposite of hyper-active is.

Building habits is HARD (and making myself do physical stuff consistently will have to be building a habit for me) and it is sooooooo easy to let things slide. It's amazing (and rather disheartening) how much I did NOT miss doing physical stuff!

So, I hope you all had a couple of fabulous weeks! Good to see you, Mern -- thanks for starting the thread! I'll try to get some goals posted tomorrow, with a report on how today went.

ClaireS89 07-15-2013 05:05 AM

So, last week was totally bust.Not only did I fail to meet any of my goals, I also backslid.

*Sigh*

Goals to be posted when I get home tonight.