Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Old 07-04-2013, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
Calories under 1,100 a day: M-877 T-957 W-985 T-957
Water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes,
Exercise 5K for the week: M-1.5k T-1.6k W-1.75 HW
I am going to try for two pounds this week.
Revised: I'm going to try for one pound this week.

The scale is creeping down so slowly I will be happy to lose one pound. Also I have a delema. My bestest friend invited me to go to her cottage this week and although I would like to get away, she doesn't eat like I do. I was thinking that I might take my own food along and offer to do all the cooking.
It would be so nice to get away from the guys and the dogs. And then there is the problem with no wifi. I won't be able to log my food and calories or be in touch with you guys. What should I do?
Old 07-05-2013, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, I like your personal goals! I could use ALL of those. Good job on 4 bags for donating. I did some in the spring and had 3 bags but I know if I got at it again I could find a lot more! Books I will donate to church bazaar in the fall.

I'm ok on my carbs this week but I'm struggling with getting the water in. Must remember today! At least I know what I need to work on and will try to make a better effort next week.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Jenn
Old 07-05-2013, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report:

For a holiday, I did great.

--take my daily supplements to help keep blood cholesterol normal YES, YES, YES, TES

--1200-1600 calories per day 1494, 1451, 1220, 1308

--6 servings fruits/veggies per day YES, NO, YES, YES

Daily averages
--sat fat average 12% max. of daily calories: 11%, 19%, 6%, 13% so gives me an average of 12.25%
--dietary cholesterol 250mg: 202mg, 373mg, 87mg--so average is on target at 221mg, 114mg
--protein 120g: 140g, 136g. 143g, 99g gives me an average of 130g
--net carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g: 25g, 16g, 25g, 29g leaves me with an on-target average of 24g
--dietary fiber 30g: 49g, 13g, 51g--giving me an average of 31g. 33g

1/2 hour exercise 5 days per week YES, YES, YES, a mile of aerobic walking on my scheduled day off
64 oz. water per day YES. YES, YES, YES
Old 07-05-2013, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, my husband often jokes about San Francisco. That's why I caught your fruit/nut reference. I think Quinn is faking innocence.

Quinn, sometimes I stop to think that God designed our bodies the way he knew they would work best for us. He didn't decide that our private parts were embarrassing and need to be covered--mankind did that. Maybe in a parallel world we'd be considered sluts for having our forearms exposed. You are so wise to follow doctor's orders with the naps. Did you get to go to the fireworks? We didn't go out, but the rain stopped just in time last night to allow public fireworks displays to go off as scheduled.

Renewed Soul! I am in absolute awe of your losing 35 lbs. since April 29 plus making it 9 weeks without meat, gluten, wheat, or dairy. Just curious-- do you take a calcium supplement or do you make sure you get all the calcium you need from veggies and fruits?

Robin, glowing reports from you! Congratulations!

Jenn, kudos on the carbs. I, too, forget to drink sometimes, but lately I've been good. Drinking up is easier for me in summer.

Libby, taking your own food to the cottage sounds like a great idea, whether you do all the cooking or not. A true friend would not object to that--she wouldn't want you to go back home feeling guilty and regretting you had gone off your healthful eating plan. My advice would be to just make your best guess on the foods and portion sizes and not spend all day writing down your food by hand and doing math in absence of wi-fi. Just enjoy the time with your friend. I'll bet you'll do just fine because by now you likely have a good idea of what portion sizes you can handle from certain foods. If you do decide to "cheat" just make it a "controlled cheat." I can't brag that I'm always in control (I've done my share of binge eating) but last night I was craving something chocolaty and sweet yesterday. Even though I was already over in carbs and saturated fat, I allowed myself to have two pieces of sugar free chocolate. Well done yesterday! Asking for substitutions when eating out is really smart. When I first read your report I didn't get what HW meant in exercise but then I saw it means housework. I got a good amount of exercise doing heavy housework on Tuesday--keeping moving like you. I, too, counted it as exercise as it burned more calories than no housework and 2 miles of aerobic walking. Kudos on losing weight every month since May!

Whenever I get a new food or new brand of food from the grocery store, I enter the nutrition facts from the label as a custom food in FitDay. Doing that just once saves me recalculations in the future.

Mel-Mc, that's great about the corn calorie adjustment. I have found differences a few times between FitDay and my package label on fresh fruits and veggies. It may depend on the variety of the corn as some do taste sweeter than others. The frozen peaches I got at a store one time were way lower carb than FitDay's count. I know you weren't criticizing FitDay but would like to comment (for anyone wondering) that all-in-all I give FitDay an A for accuracy because over the years, relying on FitDay's nutrition facts a lot, I was successfully able to reduce my high blood sugar and high cholesterol to normal through diet.

Last edited by Mern; 07-05-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:
1.) Be okay with number of calories I eat (and I'll be honest about it!) - M: mm, I could have done better, but I also avoided cheesecake, so my blood sugar thanked me for that, T: Yes, W: I'm giving this one a no. , Th: Yes, and it was frickin' hard too - I wanted to eat all the food in the universe
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day - M: Y, T: I think I failed, W: Y, Th: Y
3.) Exercise
M: Gym - Done
T: Run 4 miles - Done, even though I thought I was going to die
W: Gym - Sort of... I went, but only stayed for like 10 minutes because my blood sugar was weird and I didn't feel like doing it... not my best moment but I suppose not my worst
Th: Run 3 miles - Done
F: Gym
S: off
Su: Run 4 miles

Whew - yesterday was tough! I was just feeling so hungry, and I had to go to the grocery store TWICE, just for little things, you know? But each time, I was worried I'd go off the rails and buy chips and chocolate. But I didn't! I did come home with fruit bars (like popsicle type things) at only 25 calories/bar, so I consider that okay.

aysehoca - thanks for the kudos, cheesecake is a real weakness of mine.

Mern - My calories were pretty bad Wednesday, but I have a tendency to go off the rails with my eating when my blood sugars have been up and down. And the were really weird on Wednesday.

Everyone seems to be doing pretty well, especially with the holiday (for some of us) yesterday. Yay, us!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I wasn't criticising FitDay on the calorie count. It is more of a reminder to me to keep an eye (and brain) on things and to make the most accurate choice out of the hundreds of options FitDay gives me and not just the first one that comes up. After I checked the packaging I went back and made a different choice. "Corn, yellow" has a listing of over 300 calories per cup and "corn, frozen" had 117 which was close enough to the count on the packaging that I used that one instead.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Mike: How's the back doing now?

The mention of a bike rike evoked some deep longing in me - even if in my case the distance you mentioned might be doable only if done over a month's time...

Biking is next on my list, but I don't trust the drivers to look up from their phones when they pass bicyclists on the road... How do you bike kind of safely?!

Ian: LOL at your mosquito quote! Priceless! Even better after my yesterday's hike in a state park!

It would not be easy to reduce our wine supply - the crawlspace that we fondly refer to as wine cellar is crammed with the stuff (you get 30% off when you buy at least 3 cases... - enough said).
Old 07-05-2013, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kocialapcia
Mike: How's the back doing now?

The mention of a bike rike evoked some deep longing in me - even if in my case the distance you mentioned might be doable only if done over a month's time...

Biking is next on my list, but I don't trust the drivers to look up from their phones when they pass bicyclists on the road... How do you bike kind of safely?!
bike ride... Haha. Look at my avatar, that kind of bike ride.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Mern: I am going to have a wonderful week with my friend. Thanks for taking the stress out of what should be a time of rejuvenation. See you in a week.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern,

Actually the "fruit/nut" mention slipped right by me! lol Yes, I have quite the life of leisure right now. My days are totally hysterical. I get up with my husband at 6am and shower and dress while he's here because the surgery related anemia still makes me dizzy occasionally. Then, I make my own breakfast, check my email and go back to bed for 8:00. Around 9:00, I do any bill paying/business/"stuff" that needs to be done until noon. Then it's lunch and another nap. Do some walking in the afternoon and back for quiet time from 4-5:00 so I'm not cranky when my husband gets home.

Surprisingly, I've been doing most of the evening meals with a little assistance from my daughter and a ton of assistance from my crock pot as neither my daughter or husband cook... like at all. Hubby is actually enjoying doing laundry for the first time in 25 years and said that he is happy to take the job permanently... YEAH!!!!!!!! I have pretty strict limitations for 6 weeks and I plan to soak up every minute of it.

As you know, I find my peace and relaxation in my kitchen, so it's tough to keep me away. It's my therapy. And yes, I did make it to the fireworks. Did some walking and stretching, BUT I MADE IT!!! I continue to feel amazingly good... I just can't get over it. Will return to my surgeon early next week (2 hour drive... ugh) and hope to get a good report.

By the way, my dear, you are killing your goals this week! Look at you go! Glad to see you back and doing so well!! Hope you had a wonderful 4th with your family! How is everyone doing? I hope all is well with all of them.

quinn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.