7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Old 07-03-2013, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Watch your rear view mirror, cupcake... I'll be passing you in a couple of days!
Just don't smack me on back of my bald head as you pass me.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kocialapcia
Dad - that's totally awesome, I can just picture the suspense growing when you were looking for batteries...

Update on goals for this week:

- two extra, non-running workouts -
M: 25 min DVD workout
T: 20 min walking up and down stairs at work

- overall 1,000 calorie deficit for the week - M: -75, T: +18 This area clearly needs work!

- walking challenge - 10 miles - M: 2.5 mi, T: 3 mi 5.5 total so far
Thanks much. I realize that it is virtually all water. Part of the big change from 8+ days ago is a big reduction in alcohol (mostly beer - not huge quantities, but almost daily maybe 2-3). The big problem with the alcohol is that it gives me the munchies - which are usually really salty.

So the biggest change and what drove the 10+ pound drop in a week is a huge drop in sodium and probably shedding a ton of fluids. Nevertheless - any downward movement is good movement, and I'll take it any way I can get it.

As I said on day 1 - I am only looking at this point to change some habits and get some momentum going, nothing more. Once I can get some good habits ingrained to replace the bad ones, the rest will be easier to manage. I hope.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
Calories under 1,100 a day: M-877 T-957
Water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes
Exercise 5K for the week: M-1.5k T-1.6k W-1.75
I am going to try for two pounds this week.

The walking went well. I'll be back tonight. Make it a great day.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Dad_in_FL
Part of the big change from 8+ days ago is a big reduction in alcohol (mostly beer - not huge quantities, but almost daily maybe 2-3). The big problem with the alcohol is that it gives me the munchies - which are usually really salty.

Dad - Are you up for the no-booze week starting July 8? Ian and I could surely use some company!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Just quick before work. so far, so good.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

I have only a few free minutes on the computer before I have to stop to do daily reading with my grandkids. Still way behind on reading the posts.

iansteele, best wishes on your goals. Kudos on burning all those calories through excercise Monday, even though it fell short on your target. LOL on the quote in your signature.

Robin, best wishes on getting things done. How are you doing now with your health and how is DH getting along?

donna ostendorf, you came to a good place for support. But we support everyone as long as they eat healthy, balanced meals no matter what his/her plan. I am a low carber. I just do 25 net carbs per day but it's not hard for me as long as I avoid full sugar candy, cakes, etc. I replaced my bread with low carb tortillas; replaced pasta with Dreamfields brand which is low digestible carb; my "cupcakes" are low carb flaxmeal muffins--stuff like that. Are you diabetic or pre-diabetic or had you been doing low carb just for weight loss?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Dad_in_FL: 10.6 pounds gone in a week! That is super awesome! Great job.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Dad_in_FL I was watching Chris Powell (Extreme Makeover-weight loss edition) on The View on Mon and he said that cutting back salt can reduce weight drastically the first week (water weight).

Went for coffee with a friend this afternoon. I just had an iced coffee--no treat.
When I went to the bank the receptionist (who knows me since it's my local branch) asked if I lost weight. YAY for looking like I have even though it's the same.

Jennifer
Old 07-03-2013, 07:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kocialapcia
Dad - Are you up for the no-booze week starting July 8? Ian and I could surely use some company!
I'm in.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
Calories under 1,100 a day: M-877 T-957 W-985
Water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes, Yes
Exercise 5K for the week: M-1.5k T-1.6k W-1.75
I am going to try for two pounds this week.

My doctors appointment did not go well. I am going in for exploratory surgery in August and I am scared to death. I know the logical thing to do is to stay on the diet and exercise to take the best care of my self that I can but
I just want to dig into a carton of ice cream and cry. Please keep me in your
prayers.

Last edited by libby116; 07-03-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.