FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9792-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-7-1-2013-a.html)

dmartz 07-02-2013 12:06 AM

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 828
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 43
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 17
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 86
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 15
Sat too long and ate cupcakes.

Hehecherie 07-02-2013 01:00 AM

I'm new to fitday but just want to say a HUGE Congratulations to everyone on this thread!! Its great to see 100% positive replies and real commitment here. Hoping to jump in and begin my healthy start very soon so keep an eye out for me lol. Good luck everyone and have an awesome week

ToriD1012 07-02-2013 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Hehecherie (Post 100469)
I'm new to fitday but just want to say a HUGE Congratulations to everyone on this thread!! Its great to see 100% positive replies and real commitment here. Hoping to jump in and begin my healthy start very soon so keep an eye out for me lol. Good luck everyone and have an awesome week

Why wait? Go ahead and make some goals and get cracking!!

ToriD1012 07-02-2013 01:45 AM

Okay, I haven't gone MIA this week. Yesterday was a HORRIFIC day. I'll post goals later today.

MERN!!! QUINN!!! Hey y'all!! Welcome back!

Long story short for why Quinn has been absent. She's had a bout with surgery, but everything is on the mend. Yay!! Her docs say she's healing quicker than a normal person would because she's led a healthy and active lifestyle. So props to Quinn for being the example we need.

Yep, definitely a long story short :p

01gt4.6 07-02-2013 02:16 AM

This may sound like a lame excuse but it is what it is... I do chest on the first workout of the week. The barbells were all taken so I ended up doing dumbbells. After doing 4 sets of flat db press and 3 sets of incline db press, I was finally able to get under a barbell (totally exhausted). Loaded it with 255# and only did it once. BTW my goal is to do it 3 times at once, no stopping, no a cumulation of days;). I'll try it again later in the week.

1) 3 liters of water/day yes
2) Gym x 3 yes
3) Bench Press 255# x 3 no

RenewedSoul 07-02-2013 02:36 AM

It's Tuesday! I'm doing okay so far this week.

Ian: Good luck this week with your goals.

Robin: I hate housework, too. I love doing yard work. Good luck this week!

Donna: What is a body bug? Good luck this week.

Libby: I love the idea of having a plate with sections! Good luck!

Wow: Hi and good luck this week.

Hehecherie: Nice to see you on this forum. I am glad you found your way here. Good luck this week!

01gt4.6: Good luck with your goal of 3's!

Week's goals:

1. Stay under 1,200 calories daily Yes
2. Log in everything I eat or drink Yes
3. Behave and do not eat anything that goes against my vegan diet on July 4th; only drink water Yes
4. Follow the goals above and do not mess up once this week on them Yes
5. Lose 2 pounds or more Crossing fingers and toes!

quinnesec 07-02-2013 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 100471)
Okay, I haven't gone MIA this week. Yesterday was a HORRIFIC day. I'll post goals later today.

MERN!!! QUINN!!! Hey y'all!! Welcome back!

Long story short for why Quinn has been absent. She's had a bout with surgery, but everything is on the mend. Yay!! Her docs say she's healing quicker than a normal person would because she's led a healthy and active lifestyle. So props to Quinn for being the example we need.

Yep, definitely a long story short :p

Good Morning Fitday Buddies!

Doing well 1 week post-op. Doctor originally said that I'd have a 6 week recovery and I'm already feeling about 70%! Tori's right... after doing my surgery, the doctor was amazed by my ability to get up and walking so quickly. Although I gave credit to my amazing surgeon, he gave the credit to my healthy life-style, daily walking, low body fat and exercise... So, YEA FITDAY!!! :D

So, for many of you who don't know me, 4 years ago I was sick of yo-yo dieting and being 30 lbs. overweight. I cleaned up my act, both with diet and exercise, and I am now being rewarded for that hard work with a remarkable recovery from a major surgery. I noticed that someone had asked about the correlation between diet & exercise and high BP meds- I am living proof of that. After being on meds for 20 years for high BP, my blood pressure is now the same at 50 as my 20 y/o daughter.

I have some big issues yet to resolve. The surgery has left me with some post-op weakness in one of my legs, but I am somewhat of a stubborn B and I won't rest until I'm back to my 4 mile hikes. My goal is to be backpacking in the Smokeys by September. My weight is low and I need to build nutrition, so I won't be dieting this time around. BUT, I need you guys for motivation and support as I recover. Don't baby me... kick my ass and whip me back in shape!!!

For any of you who wonder why you are on this path of health, is it worth it and why am I bothering with all of this when my friends are being lazy and eating garbage, remember me. I am healing better, I am stronger and I have surpassed all expectations in 7 days! I would have been terrified to have gone into this surgery out of shape and overweight. For me, the reasons for my journey to a healthy lifestyle didn't make themselves clear for 4 years. I am so grateful that I made those changes.

SO... Get healthy, get fit, lose the body fat, stick with your Fitday buddies for strength and motivation and don't let anyone stop you... ever.

GOALS:

Surpassed yesterday's goal of 4 blocks by doing six. :D ... and I did get a nap in... lol.

Today's Goal:

I will walk 8 blocks. (Sad from my usual 2-4 miles, but baby steps, right? ;))

I hope everyone has an incredible day! Get out there and GET MOVING!!!

quinn

carolynnq 07-02-2013 03:44 AM

Hehecherie - so glad you decided to join in. As Tori said, just get started. Even if you make just one small goal to start with, you'll feel better and more motivated if you accomplish it.

Ian - good start for the week. Maybe you can catch up on the exercise if it stopped raining.

Mike - nice effort on the bench press. Yesterday was just conditioning for your next gym visit.

Libby - I've seen pics of those sectioned plates. After using it for a while, you'll have a great feel for portion size.

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 100467)
Sat too long and ate cupcakes.

LOL. Great sentence. If this was the first line in a novel, I'd keep reading.
------
Goals:
1. Avg under 1400 calories a day: 1341
2. Avg at least 45 min extra movement a day: 20
3. No sugar, refined flour foods: Y
4. 3 cups green tea a day: Y

Mel-Mc 07-02-2013 04:15 AM

Tuesday Update

Goals:

1. log food every day M-yes
2. keep calories between 1400-1600 M-1530
3. exercise on my lunch hour at least twice 1 done

Eating out at a restaurant tonight. Coming here tomorrow should keep me accountable.

01gt4.6 07-02-2013 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 100479)
Good Morning Fitday Buddies!

Doing well 1 week post-op. Doctor originally said that I'd have a 6 week recovery and I'm already feeling about 70%! Tori's right... after doing my surgery, the doctor was amazed by my ability to get up and walking so quickly. Although I gave credit to my amazing surgeon, he gave the credit to my healthy life-style, daily walking, low body fat and exercise... So, YEA FITDAY!!! :D

So, for many of you who don't know me, 4 years ago I was sick of yo-yo dieting and being 30 lbs. overweight. I cleaned up my act, both with diet and exercise, and I am now being rewarded for that hard work with a remarkable recovery from a major surgery. I noticed that someone had asked about the correlation between diet & exercise and high BP meds- I am living proof of that. After being on meds for 20 years for high BP, my blood pressure is now the same at 50 as my 20 y/o daughter.

I have some big issues yet to resolve. The surgery has left me with some post-op weakness in one of my legs, but I am somewhat of a stubborn B and I won't rest until I'm back to my 4 mile hikes. My goal is to be backpacking in the Smokeys by September. My weight is low and I need to build nutrition, so I won't be dieting this time around. BUT, I need you guys for motivation and support as I recover. Don't baby me... kick my ass and whip me back in shape!!!

For any of you who wonder why you are on this path of health, is it worth it and why am I bothering with all of this when my friends are being lazy and eating garbage, remember me. I am healing better, I am stronger and I have surpassed all expectations in 7 days! I would have been terrified to have gone into this surgery out of shape and overweight. For me, the reasons for my journey to a healthy lifestyle didn't make themselves clear for 4 years. I am so grateful that I made those changes.

SO... Get healthy, get fit, lose the body fat, stick with your Fitday buddies for strength and motivation and don't let anyone stop you... ever.

GOALS:

Surpassed yesterday's goal of 4 blocks by doing six. :D ... and I did get a nap in... lol.

Today's Goal:

I will walk 8 blocks. (Sad from my usual 2-4 miles, but baby steps, right? ;))

I hope everyone has an incredible day! Get out there and GET MOVING!!!

quinn

Wow quinniepoo. You've got me fired up. I'm going to do some walking tonight! We all seriously need to plan a 1/2 marathon in the future... I know, I sounds like a nag.;)

libby116 07-02-2013 05:11 AM

Mel, I hope that you enjoy a healthy guiltless meal at the restaurant tonight.
Be strong.

Kocialapcia 07-02-2013 05:37 AM

Robin:
FitDay once a day?! The mere wording brings me to the verge of a panic attack! Going to my happy place now... happy thoughts, happy thoughts...
Ian:
Challenge accepted for next week! I'm already in a panic attack mode anyway.

Update on goals for this week:

- two extra, non-running workouts - M: 25 min DVD workout

- overall 1,000 calorie deficit for the week - M: -75

- walking challenge - 10 miles - M: 2.5 mi, T: 3 mi 5.5 total so far

ClaireS89 07-02-2013 05:43 AM

Oy! I missed a lot last night!

I managed to get my first swim in yesterday, but am feeling sore today, so am not sure if I will do any today, especially as I'd have to walk there and back in the Texas heat.

01gt4.6 07-02-2013 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Kocialapcia (Post 100487)
Robin:
FitDay once a day?! The mere wording brings me to the verge of a panic attack! Going to my happy place now... happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

me too, I'm on (or on and off) all day.

donna ostendorf 07-02-2013 06:03 AM

un-diet day 6 on plan

Hi Donna and Carolyn,

Well doing well, my mind is expanding as I am adding back foods that I have not been eating in a long time. However I am eating all real foods, no-frankenfoods and mostly organic. I even am making my own salad dressing as I have been craving my lemon vinegrette. So for breakfast I had bacon,eggs and a piece of toast(whole grain omega 3 organic). It was very good and I feel satisfied and not as if I am on a diet. So, am calories are 550. My goal is to eat more in the am and lighter in the evening if possible. lunch is a big salad with chicken, organic spring mix, cucumber and red bell pepper. afternoon snack is
.5 cup cottage cheese with a cup of watermelon. Drinking alot of water every day....This is my goal. To eat what I want and keep it around 1500 calories per day so that I have a deficite of 1000 calories per day/2 pounds per week. I am working out 5 or more days per week and on days of extreme workouts I will add some more caloreis.

Today I hiked a mountain trial(tuesday workout), that is a hard workout for me, my body bug said it was about 550 calories I burned. I think I went over some on calories over the weekend so I don't think I will add that much extra on calories. I am a little sad because I used to be able to hike so much better than I am doing now. I think if you stop doing something it really is hard to get back into it if it is a hard workout. But I really breath heavy and I think my lung capacity has gone up and that is good. If you work at a desk all day I guess I might have started being a shallow breather. I play raquetball 2 to three days a week. thursdays I walk on the beach zumba on Saturday which is about 700 to 1000 calorie burn for me.

My current goal is to get down to 239 by 10/17 if I remember correctly. This is a conservative goal of two pounds per week.

What I like the most is the idea that I am not on a diet or depriving myself. If I want something then I will plan for it. But, if I am going to use calories it must be really good and worth it or I will not eat it. example is like a desert....etc....

sorry to be so long winded. I just wanted to let you all know what my plan is and how I am doing.

Thanks so much for the support, this really helps me and helps me stay on task as I am loging everything.

donna :);)

libby116 07-02-2013 06:38 AM

Goals for the week
Calories under 1,100 a day: M-877
Water 6 glasses a day: Yes,
Exercise 5K for the week: M-1.5k T-1.6k
I am going to try for two pounds this week.

Today is going well. I thought I would get my exercise in early this week because the rest of the week looks pretty full. The day is half over and I have used up more than half my calories so I will try to keep it light for supper.
Keep strong.

bojibridge 07-02-2013 06:50 AM

For yesterday:
1.) Be okay with number of calories I eat (and I'll be honest about it!) - M: mm, I could have done better, but I also avoided cheesecake, so my blood sugar thanked me for that
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day - M: Y
3.) Exercise
M: Gym - Done
T: Run 4 miles
W: Gym
Th: Run 3 miles
F: Gym
S: off
Su: Run 4 miles

So, I've been working on my journal article (AND TOTALLY NOT LAZING ABOUT WATCHING WIMBLEDON...) so I've been spending a lot of time at Starbucks. Two tips:
1.) If you're hungry, try the spinach, egg white and feta wrap! It's tasty and only 290 calories. Compare that to the classic sausage, egg and cheese English muffin with 500 calories.
2.) If you like Chai tea lattes, try ordering a "full-leaf Chai tea latte", which basically means that you still get the latte, but they make it with the tea bag rather than the mix (which is full of carbs!!!!) Then you can get a pump of sugar-free vanilla to sweeten it if you like. I will say that some baristas don't know what you mean by full-leaf, so they might mess it up - I have to coach a lot of them through the process, which is kind of annoying, but unless you want the 35 g of carbs in the tea from mix, it's worth it.

It's really good to see everyone so active. I stopped by a couple times this last winter/spring, even though I wasn't posting, and I noticed it had gone a bit quiet. It's great to see us pumped up!

quinnesec 07-02-2013 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 100483)
Wow quinniepoo. You've got me fired up. I'm going to do some walking tonight! We all seriously need to plan a 1/2 marathon in the future... I know, I sounds like a nag.;)

Haha.... That's a strange lesson that I have learned from all of this is that when I was able to work out strenuously I didn't feel like it or I had a million reasons not to. Now that my leg is a little gimpy, I would kill to go cliff climbing tonight.

So my little Buttercup, get out there in that gorgeous NOLA heat and put in a mile for me... but don't worry, I'll be kicking your pants in no time! ;):)

01gt4.6 07-02-2013 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 100494)
horrendous NOLA heat and put in a mile for me...

I fixed your post. You got it!:D

libby116 07-02-2013 09:31 AM

Goals for the week
Calories under 1,100 a day: M-877 T-957
Water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes

I am going to have to catch up on my reading. I hope every one had a great day.

iansteele 07-02-2013 10:08 AM

>500 calories worth of exercise each day
M-348, T-348
<2500 calories from alcohol for the week
M-0, T-0
>2500 calories difference for the week
M-1395, T-1628
<40g fat per day
M-23.4, T-29.3
3 or more fruit/veg per day
M-4, T-1

Walking challenge - 0/10

I'm already 300 down on my exercise goal :( I will complete it this week even if it kills me!

jjrudd 07-02-2013 10:22 AM

Thanks for the hint Joanna that sounds good!

I was good yesterday except for the water which was probably only about 4 glasses.
I didn't get my water in today either but I did walk around the mall--shopping for necessities and window shopping. We also parked miles from the grocery store so I think I would say I got my exercise in. Plus add 20 min vacuuming this morning too.
I still have to log my food so I'm not sure how I did but I had an iced cap (yeah I know...calories). I had a fun day so I'm not going to kick myself for having it!

Jenn

Mern 07-02-2013 12:05 PM

Just got back home from an all-day outing with our two youngest grandkids at a state park. Have only time to post my Monday report before turning the computer over to DH. Will try to catch up later.

Monday Report

--take my daily supplements to help keep blood cholesterol normal YES

--1200-1600 calories per day 1494

--6 servings fruits/veggies per day YES

Daily averages
--sat fat average 12% max. of daily calories 11%
--dietary cholesterol 250mg 202mg
--protein 120g 140g
--net carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g 25g
--dietary fiber 30g 49g

1/2 hour exercise 5 days per week YES
64 oz. water per day Yes

Robingen 07-02-2013 12:31 PM

Goal #1: Log once a day only (at night). M-N, T-Y

#2: Weigh myself only once per week. M-Y, T-Y

#3: 3 workouts this week (exclude walking challenge), M-N, T-Lap Swim

Personal goals:

1. Reduce computer time, M-Y, T-Y
2. Start cleaning up the house, >1 bag per day. M-Y, T-Y
3. Read more, M-Y, T-not yet

Walking challenge: 10 miles by Sunday. M-3m, T-2m

First time on today and it was tough plus it was a lot of work to log everything back to last night's sleep but in the end I did it and did get some cleaning done as I have stayed off the computer all day/evening. Turned out that I did not eat enough......I am learning to listen to my body's hunger signals and it's gonna take a while. I so lost that over the years. I still have time to read before bed, yeah!

ToriD1012 07-02-2013 12:41 PM

Okay, as promised, my goals......

1-lose 1 pound
2-get all laundry done
3-don't go crazy on the 4th

Doesn't seem like much, but it's what I can do this week.

Yesterday wasn't a great day. I was tired and blah all day. Went to see The Jassi Cat after work. Didnt stay as long as normal because I was so tired. Welllll,
I got home to find that the air conditioning wasn't working. Yay :( So off to TWM for a window unit and I text BF and let him know. He said it was working when he left for school that morning, so it happened some time after 9 am. Luckily this spring and summer have been unseasonably cool, so it wasn't super hot in the house. When BF got home from work he tinkered with it and got it working again. We hit the bed at like quarter to 2 (I had originally fallen asleep on the couch). I woke up around 5 to potty an guess what!!! Air was out again. I called the landlord when I got home from work today and got his voicemail. He's notorious for taking forever and a day to return calls. I swear, he's the laziest landlord ever.

Tuesdays are notorious for being busy and crazy at work and today was no different. It's 2 days before a major national holiday, it's been pouring down rain, which means the stock room pours water. So, we've got lakes and ponds of water in the back room and BOOM, all the power goes out. It's not storming or anything, just down pours of rain, and no power. Lemme tell ya, a grocery store stock room is DARK with no power.

Yeah...the week isn't starting so great. Oh well. It can only get better, right?

Hehecherie 07-02-2013 11:35 PM

Tori & Carollyn: I want to get some scales and a measuring tape- I want to see my before and afters before I start exercize- But I have started; Ive upped my meals and replaced sugar in my teas for honey :) I know it isnt much but every little bit counts

jjrudd 07-03-2013 12:00 AM

Wow Robin, congrats on being 6.5 pounds from goal weight!!!!

Dad_in_FL 07-03-2013 12:50 AM

Today is day 7 for me, and today is the first weigh-in I had planned since starting this journey a week ago. And today, for the first time since who knows when - the only scale in the house is not working. Needs a battery, and guess what I can't find?

Hmmm - Karma?

quinnesec 07-03-2013 12:55 AM

Good Morning All!

Everything is continuing to go far beyond plan. Pushed last night to get in 1 mile with a spotter, 7 days post-op! Woohoo! So excited to feel this good... although I did come home and crash onto a heating pad for the remainder of the night... shhhhh... don't tell anyone that part! ;)

Goals For Today:

* 1 mile of continuous walking (not increasing tonight)
* Put on my own shorts! lol
* Try to figure out the line between pushing myself to strengthen and going too far.
* Great posture: shoulders back, chest out... quit walking like Tim Conway...

Have a great day everyone and keep moving! :)

quinn

RenewedSoul 07-03-2013 01:01 AM

Yesterday went okay. I was feeling down all day and kind of weak. I woke up feeling the same way, so work may feel draggy today. I'm sure tomorrow I will feel more energized I hope. Denying temptations is hard for me when I feel draggy and tired. I need my bit of hyper personality to hit soon.

Dad_In_FL: I hope you get your scales to working. My younger children like to play on my electric scales and run the battery down. It can be annoying to get on it and it don't work or pops up the big E. Good luck on your weigh in.

Tori: I hope your week improves.

Quinn: Great job to get a mile in! I am sure that was difficult and you had to push yourself. :)

Week's goals:

1. Stay under 1,200 calories daily Yes, Yes
2. Log in everything I eat or drink Yes, Yes
3. Behave and do not eat anything that goes against my vegan diet on July 4th; only drink water Yes, Yes
4. Follow the goals above and do not mess up once this week on them Yes, Yes
5. Lose 2 pounds or more Crossing fingers and toes!

Dad_in_FL 07-03-2013 01:24 AM

well, found batteries for the scale and glad I did. I don't necessarily think it was an overly accurate reading (I am probably a little dehydrated - and I don't remember if my first weigh-in was before or after drinking my morning water and coffee). But it is definitely moving in the right direction and encouraging.

Down 10.6lbs since my first weigh-in last week. My calorie intake has been pretty consistent between 1,500 and 2,000 with one blow up day to almost 3,000. So I think I can make some progress on the intake front and my exercise has been pretty good (3 good workout days in the last 7).

I expect the next weigh-in to be much more modest, heck - I'd be happy with "no change" next time I step on the scale. :)

libby116 07-03-2013 01:26 AM

Goals for the week
Calories under 1,100 a day: M-877 T-957
Water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes

Today I am going to the doctor to get the results of all the medical tests. I just hope that I don't need surgery and there is an easy solution to my problem.
I have been pushing my self to exercise. Last night I was so tired I couldn't think straight and talking was even worse. I went to bed and got a fitfull night sleep and now it's another day. I don't feel like exercising but I know I should.
I know I will feel better after. And so goes the battle.

dmartz 07-03-2013 01:50 AM

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 828, 2041
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 43, 184
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 17, 78
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 86, 79
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 15, 20,
As thoughts of the day before dissolved like sugar in tea,

(Novel in progress! ;-)

- D.

bojibridge 07-03-2013 01:54 AM

For yesterday:
1.) Be okay with number of calories I eat (and I'll be honest about it!) - M: mm, I could have done better, but I also avoided cheesecake, so my blood sugar thanked me for that, T: Yes
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day - M: Y, T: I think I failed
3.) Exercise
M: Gym - Done
T: Run 4 miles - Done, even though I thought I was going to die
W: Gym
Th: Run 3 miles
F: Gym
S: off
Su: Run 4 miles

Yesterday was a pretty good day overall for me. No complaints, no big things to report.

Quinn - I'm so glad your recovery is going well!

Dad_in_FL - wow, what great progress!!! That will serve as continued motivation, no doubt. Good for you, that's awesome.

Mern 07-03-2013 02:04 AM

Quinn, way to go on the healthy lifestyle that is pulling you through the post-op recovery! You are in my thoughts and prayers. :)

Hard to keep up with the group when I have the grandkids. Will try to catch up later today.

Tuesday report:

Cholesterol and sat fat averages are too high. Plan of attack: will strive for as much of a vegetarian menu today as I have the willpower to do.

--take my daily supplements to help keep blood cholesterol normal YES, YES

--1200-1600 calories per day 1494, 1451

--6 servings fruits/veggies per day YES, NO

Daily averages
--sat fat average 12% max. of daily calories: 11%, 19%
--dietary cholesterol 250mg: 202mg, 373mg
--protein 120g: 140g, 136g
--net carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g: 25g, 16g
--dietary fiber 30g: 49g, 13g giving me an average of 31g

1/2 hour exercise 5 days per week YES, YES
64 oz. water per day YES. YES

Kocialapcia 07-03-2013 02:04 AM

Dad - that's totally awesome, I can just picture the suspense growing when you were looking for batteries...:)

Update on goals for this week:

- two extra, non-running workouts -
M: 25 min DVD workout
T: 20 min walking up and down stairs at work

- overall 1,000 calorie deficit for the week - M: -75, T: +18 This area clearly needs work!

- walking challenge - 10 miles - M: 2.5 mi, T: 3 mi 5.5 total so far

quinnesec 07-03-2013 02:14 AM

Thanks Joanna & Mern! I'm feeling great and so happy to be home! Nice to have some of the "old crew" back on the thread. :)

01gt4.6 07-03-2013 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 100494)
put in a mile for me...

I put in 3.79 for you. Would have did more by I had to pick up one of the chirrens from work at 10:00.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...psde977963.jpg

quinnesec 07-03-2013 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 100535)
I put in 3.79 for you. Would have did more by I had to pick up one of the chirrens from work at 10:00.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...psde977963.jpg

That's awesome! I'll be catching up to you very soon! I was shocked that I could get a mile in last night without getting winded or anything. It's so hard to judge how fast I should push myself. I'm doing so well that I don't want to set myself back. The only restriction that I have from the doctor is that I can't lift over 7 lbs. Stretching, deep breathing and very mild yoga have helped enormously. Unbelievably, I'm not on any pain meds... just a super-duper anti-inflammatory.

Watch your rear view mirror, cupcake... I'll be passing you in a couple of days! ;)

carolynnq 07-03-2013 03:10 AM

FLDad - huge congrats on your huge loss! I'm with you on no gain also being a success. Each pound can be so hard to get off - I don't want to make more work for myself!

Mern - how lucky you are to be able to spend so much time with your grandkids! Spend the time with them. Just post your updates to the board for now. Stay to chat only when you have the time.

Libby - thinking about you today. Sometimes when I don't feel like exercising, I'll do something for just 2 minutes. Sometimes I stop at 2 min; sometimes I continue on.

RenewedSoul - hope you're feeling more peppy by now.

Quinn - I'm so happy that you're recovery is going so well.

Kocia - you've done your 2 extra workouts and you're past the half-way point in the walking challenge! That minor calorie overage can be brought down without too much pain.

Joanna - glad that you're back on an even keel. You're doing great. And good job on passing up that cheesecake. That might seem like a small thing to a lot of people, but I know how hard it can be.

Tori - what a crazy day you had yesterday. Today HAS to be better!

Jenn - sounds like you're staying on track.

Robin - you've got half of your 10 miles in!

----
Goals:
1. Avg under 1400 calories a day: 1341, 1195
2. Avg at least 45 min extra movement a day: 20, 60
3. No sugar, refined flour foods: Y, Y
4. 3 cups green tea a day: Y, Y (glad you brought the "3" challenge last week, Mike - it's probably good for me to switch some black tea for green)