7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Old 07-05-2013, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
If you even figure out how bake cookies or cake in that crock pot, keep me in mind!
You're Welcome

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Poor Boss Man, you need to ship him of to his uncle!
No
Old 07-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
The idea is for Quinniepoo to make them, not me. JA See, she enjoys being in the kitchen, I'm only trying to help her out.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mel-Mc
Mern, I wasn't criticising FitDay on the calorie count. It is more of a reminder to me to keep an eye (and brain) on things and to make the most accurate choice out of the hundreds of options FitDay gives me and not just the first one that comes up. After I checked the packaging I went back and made a different choice. "Corn, yellow" has a listing of over 300 calories per cup and "corn, frozen" had 117 which was close enough to the count on the packaging that I used that one instead.
I mainly us "custom" foods when logging.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, a whole week with your friend! Fantastic! I forgot to mention that many of us here give ourselves a reprieve when on vacation. And although many of us share our daily reports, we are really accountable only to ourselves. So enjoy, rejuvenate and remember to not stress over food on vacation!

Joanna! Hats off to YOU for being OK with your calories yesterday. Blood sugar certainly can cause hardship with willpower. Wow, great restraint going to the grocery store and just coming home with fruit juice bars!

Mel-Mc I could tell you were NOT criticizing FitDay I didn't want you to think that's what my comment was about. I do find it a bit overwhelming to search for something on FitDay and get 14 pages of choices to nail it down with. But I know their intent is to provide us with as many resources as possible and I do appreciate that (while praying I won't have to wade through all the pages. LOL). Your corn comparison is a good reason to create custom foods if you have the time. Creating custom foods was a bit overwhelming for me when I first started FitDay. I was lucky I don't work outside the home so it turned into a project, but it was well worth the time investment.

Back later for more catching up. Gotta go watch Shark Tank.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Goals

#1: Log once a day only (at night). M-N, T-Y, W-Y. Th-Y. F-Y

#2: Weigh myself only once per week. M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y (still no battery lol), F-Y (battery bought but not installed)

#3: 3 workouts this week (exclude walking challenge), M-N, T-Lap Swim, W-weights at the gym and "yoga in the Garden", Th-Lap swim, F-N

Personal goals:

1. Reduce computer time, M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y, F-Y
2. Start cleaning up the house, >1 bag per day. M-Y, T-Y, W-Y. Th- 6 Bags (4 donation, 2 garbage, mostly Large clothes). F-Y
3. Read more, M-Y, T-yes, W-N, Th-Y, F-I will before bed

Walking challenge: 10 miles by Sunday. M-3m, T-2m. W-1m, Th-1m, F-2m

Jen, yes those personal goals are working out well for me. I'm probably going to continue them next week. I still have a lot of "stuff" to get rid of. I'm gonna sell some stuff on kijiji also.

For the past 6 months I have been constantly logging on Fitday to see what I could eat and that worked very well but in a way I am "going it on my own" this week, only logging after the fact, and it's going surprisingly well. My cals deficit has been about 1000 per day, and I am almost done the walking challenge. "listening to my body" has been putting me at about 900 cals a day.

I just want to jump in on a couple of things:

Cravings: I have discovered that complete abstinence from sugary processed foods and junk food is what works best for me. Junk food begets more cravings for more junkfood. I know that there are diet programs that let you have a day off or an occasional treat but I don't think that works for everyone and it certainly doesn't work for me. Every binge requires detailed analysis to see why it happened, e.g., emotional eating, too hungry, ate a trigger food, etc. Every binge I have had in the last 6 months is because I ate a trigger food.

Fitday cal counts: I have noticed that the "cooked" versions of fitday nutritional info is off sometimes, maybe only for vegetables?! I believe that it is because Fitday assumes that you use OIL to cook your food. When, for example, I fry mushrooms in a teflon pan without oil, I use a measurement for raw mushrooms. Don't know if this is correct but it seems to be.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:52 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I had the day off today and took my two girls shopping. We also spent 3 hours getting our hair done. I had a great day and managed to only get a tiny raw salad and no dressing. It was difficult watching them eat cashew chicken, but I made it. :P I added baked potato in my diet this week, and I am interested in how it will work out on the scales for me. I usually eat all raw but about 10% cooked veggies now. It is a nice change to eat something warm and soft compared to all cold and crunchy. :P

Mern: To answer your question, I take multivitamins for women plus and extra vitamin of B-Complex. I do not get any B12 in my diet because you can only get it out of animal products. I haven't talked to the doctor about my food change, but I will next time I see him. I have a bad habit of forgetting to take my vitamins. lol

Week's goals:

1. Stay under 1,200 calories daily Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Log in everything I eat or drink Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Behave and do not eat anything that goes against my vegan diet on July 4th; only drink water Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!
4. Follow the goals above and do not mess up once this week on them Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Lose 2 pounds or more Crossing fingers and toes!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:54 PM
FitDay Premium Member

When I said baked potato, I meant sweet potato baked. I definitely do not eat normal potatoes. They are my favorite food, and I would not trust myself with them.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Renewed soul your dedication and discipline for your goals is so commendable. Does this feel like a "lifestyle change" forever to you? Just curious as it is so specific.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Friday Update #2

Goals:

1. log food every day M-yes T - yes W - yes Th - yes F-yes
2. keep calories between 1400-1600 M-1530 T-1480 W - 1750 Th - 1612 F-1730
3. exercise on my lunch hour at least twice 1 done

A bit over on the calorie target, but not crazy over so I'll give myself a silver star.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Yes, it is a forever lifestyle change. I have yet to share my personal story, but I will when I reach the halfway point along with pictures. I have had years of losing a bunch then gaining even more back. I have done this several times. I reached a point that I have to do this for myself, so I can be me again. I also want to set a good example for my children and be on this earth as long as I can for them. I know it seems extreme, but I have reached the conclusion that if I do not make it "forever," the cycle will continue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.