FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6-24 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9756-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-6-24-a.html)

libby116 06-24-2013 09:42 AM

calories under 1100:
water 6 glasses a day:
exercise 5K a week

No loss this week.

Robingen 06-24-2013 10:21 AM

Hope and Joanna.........I am SO glad to see you guys back:) You guys really helped me stay on track and motivated last winter, I so appreciate that. Joanna, good luck training for the half marathon, it's great to have a goal like that, I've done a few 5k runs and it was so motivating to train for.

Libby sorry to hear no loss last week. Keep at it, it will come.....what did you mean by 5k exercise, walking?

Renewed soul, you are doing great with your losses and to follow such a restricted meal plan, you are obviously very committed.

Mike what a fun idea with count! I love it! I will pick that up:

Goals:

1. 3 workouts this week
2. 3 vegs/day
3. Omega 3 everyday
4. >3k calorie deficit this week

I dropped the posting on the weekend....awful stomach flu apparently. But it was thankfully brief.

Walking challenge: 10 miles in by Sunday who is in?

01gt4.6 06-24-2013 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 100138)

Mike what a fun idea with count! I love it! I will pick that up:

Goals:

1. 3 workouts this week
2. 3 vegs/day
3. Omega 3 everyday
4. >3k calorie deficit this week

I dropped the posting on the weekend....awful stomach flu apparently. But it was thankfully brief.

Walking challenge: 10 miles in by Sunday who is in?

Nice goals. Ill add one to the challenge... how about 10 miles ON Sunday?

Kwest85blue 06-24-2013 11:59 AM

any suggestions to change things up?

I walk 4-5 days per week, but my goal this week is to walk for minimum of 50 minutes for 3 days of the week. I walked for exactly 50 minutes today at a brisk/moderate speed (3.5 mph). Pretty good start to the week.
My next goal is to limit myself to 2 cappuccinos this week. I love those darned things.
I eat lots of vegetables, and berries, but my third goal is to try one new vegetable and fruit this week. I seem to always use leafy greens, radishes, cucumber, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, tomato, strawberries, and blueberries. Also on occassion, I use green peas and avocado. I added in raspberries, kiwi, and grapefruit last week.

Robingen 06-24-2013 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 100139)
Nice goals. Ill add one to the challenge... how about 10 miles ON Sunday?

Some of us procrastinate all week, those'll be the ones doing 10 miles on Sunday! (Been there, done that lol).

libby116 06-24-2013 01:07 PM

calories under 1100: M-986
water 6 glasses a day: Yes,
exercise 5K a week: M-No

My goal is to walk 5k this week. I am going for more medical tests this week and I hope to get a prognosis from my doctor In July. Till then no strenuous exercise.

01gt4.6 06-24-2013 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 100141)
Some of us procrastinate all week, those'll be the ones doing 10 miles on Sunday! (Been there, done that lol).

Hold up now, I'm not procrastinating (this time). I just think it would be more of a challenge to do it all at once. Sunday would be my only option to do it all at once. I work M-F and my GF is off on Saturday. I may get creative and try to squeeze in 3.33 miles x 3 days (if I have the time). Not quite 10 but creativity counts for something. A couple things I forgot to mention...
1) doing it all at once would be much harder (physically) since I haven't walked IN FOREVER and everyday the heat index has been 100*+
2) my miles will not be done inside at the gym so that will be in addition to going to the gym.

So now... Are you in for 10 at one time? Don't be scared.

ToriD1012 06-24-2013 02:25 PM

Goals:
1: Drink only 1 Diet Dew a day--yes
2: Don't stress about it, you'll know when you know--yes
3: Exercise when I can--no

So, I fell off again last week. A lot has been going on and it's just hard for me to keep up sometimes. But I did lose 1.8# last week. 0.8 over my goal! Woot Woot! I only got one mile in last week, and I pushed myself to do that. I've been super tired and lethargic. I went to the doctor today for follow up thyroid bloodwork and we wound up ordering more blood work for some other things that may be going on. Apparently, when you have one autoimmune disease it's easier to come down with another. yay! So, that's what's been going on. Will do my best to catch up tomorrow....gnight y'all

Oh, Joanna and Hope, welcome back!

Monkeydave86 06-24-2013 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 100125)
Were you on here a while back with a similar username? If so, I remember you.

I was indeed!

Apologies for creating a new account and clogging the system with my usernames. I just wanted to log this a new chapter.

Managed to get down to 180lbs last year, find the girl of my dreams, then hurt my knee from overuse, then collarbone gate.

However, been training a couple of months now and finally able to step it up. Wood run last night was brutal. The 7.5K course quickly turned into 9k minimum after a couple of wrong turns by our guide. So many killer hills. I mean 3 half a kilometre (I'm being conservative) of curving, steep steep inclinces, all over rough terrain.

Perfect start to the week :)

canary52 06-24-2013 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 100136)
She's alive! We were chanting your name last week to see if you'd show up. I guess you got a late message.

Awesome, have fun. Is this your first?

I like that idea of people chanting for me...maybe it will catch on...lol. Yes I am alive. And kicking.

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 100138)
Hope and Joanna.........I am SO glad to see you guys back:) You guys really helped me stay on track and motivated last winter, I so appreciate that. Joanna, good luck training for the half marathon, it's great to have a goal like that, I've done a few 5k runs and it was so motivating to train for.

HI Robin!!! Missed "tawking" with ya. We're gonna have to keep each other on track again...