Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6-24

Old 06-30-2013, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

calories under 1100: M-986 T-2200 W-987 T-922 F-936 S-1725
water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No
exercise 5K a week: M-No T-.5k W-No T-No F-No S-No

There are days when I am in complete control even under pressure and then other days when I am stress free and I lose all control. I blew it again. Hubby
forgot our anniversary. I was ticked. I cooked rib eye steak with baked potatoes and sour cream and a spring salad with white balsamic dressing.
Later we had pop and chips while we watched a movie. There will be no weight loss this week. I hope I can do better in July.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

I'm so glad to see you newbies posting on the weekend, many of our forum members disappear on the weekends!

For those of you who "blew it" in some way (beer, chips, etc), you can't change the past (even yesterday), you just learn from it and carry on. Everyone has their own unique struggles when it comes to blowing the calorie count they are following. So you have to figure out what your weakness is.

Examples could be:

-You aren't eating enough and your body is reacting by cravings.
-You are in a deprivation mindset about your diet, which makes it very easy to abandon.
-Exposure to certain foods (I LEARNED that there cannot be cheezies in the house).
-Eating foods that trigger cravings (Dad this would be your beer I guess). -For many of us all sugary foods trigger cravings.

The most impt thing is not to give up. Lot's of water and fiber the day after a binge are good too.

Libby......there was nothing wrong with your supper as long as you had portion control unless there was a specific craving for you. You don't have to eat tuna and lettuce everyday lol that won't sustain itself.

I'm down another pound today so it's now 3 pounds to goal. Surprisingly the weightloss seems to be speeding up again after months of being painfully slow.

Last edited by Robingen; 06-30-2013 at 05:34 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

After a slow, difficult walk I made it to 5.5 on the walking challenge. I have MS and have been having "leg and feet" problems for the past 6 weeks. I know that walking is "good for me" and I want to/need to do it. But it is extremely unpleasant right now. One of these days I will wake up and my legs will be "back to normal". I will be running again

I know that I need to do "a little walking everyday". I WILL do better with this next week.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

calories under 1100: M-986 T-2200 W-987 T-922 F-936 S-1725
water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No
exercise 5K a week: M-No T-.5k W-No T-No F-No S-No

Supper was fine but I should gone without the chips and pop.
Robin: Does this mean you are at 163 now. Whoo Hoo you must feel so good. I love the smell of sweet grass. My sister in law is Ojibwe and I have learned a little bit about her culture.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hey y'all. I know I've been MIA, again. A lot going on. I finally got word from the doctor's office on the tests they ran. Unfortunately, it wasn't the phone call I wanted, but at least I finally got some sort of answer. All of the symptoms that I've been passing off as being from my thyroid, may not be. I've been sluggish, fatigued, have had severe headaches, hair loss, weight gain, the list goes on. And while SOME of it may be coming from my thyroid, some of it may be coming from other issues too. I'm being set up with a rheumatologist, so hopefully I'll be able to get to the bottom of all of it. It was the outcome I was expecting, just not the one I wanted. And while, I still may not have anything more serious, it's a huge likelihood that I will. So, I'm going to stay positive. Or as positive as I can be. I'm going to take each day at face value, but I'm not going to give up. I can and WILL reach goal. It'll just take longer than I had expected it to.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I'll be back tomorrow with a new set of goals. Maybe just maybe I can stay away from the chips and dip today The stress eating has taken control this week....
Old 06-30-2013, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Chips, dip and pop were my down fall yesterday but not today. You and I can both stay away from them today. Be strong.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Hey y'all. I know I've been MIA, again. A lot going on. I finally got word from the doctor's office on the tests they ran. Unfortunately, it wasn't the phone call I wanted, but at least I finally got some sort of answer. All of the symptoms that I've been passing off as being from my thyroid, may not be. I've been sluggish, fatigued, have had severe headaches, hair loss, weight gain, the list goes on. And while SOME of it may be coming from my thyroid, some of it may be coming from other issues too. I'm being set up with a rheumatologist, so hopefully I'll be able to get to the bottom of all of it. It was the outcome I was expecting, just not the one I wanted. And while, I still may not have anything more serious, it's a huge likelihood that I will. So, I'm going to stay positive. Or as positive as I can be. I'm going to take each day at face value, but I'm not going to give up. I can and WILL reach goal. It'll just take longer than I had expected it to.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I'll be back tomorrow with a new set of goals. Maybe just maybe I can stay away from the chips and dip today The stress eating has taken control this week....
Tori, very courageous to share this news with us and also your struggles with it. Whatever the outcome, you will be able to deal with it. I guess it just confirms the need to take good care of yourself and to make good choices.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Dad_in_FL
Dietary disaster yesterday - started w/ decision to have a beer, followed by two more. Which was followed by cravings and bad judgement... and then came the annual 4th of July party at the club. 1,500 more calories than I really needed yesterday.

So now do I fast for a day to make up for it, or just blow it off and get back on the horse?
None of the above.

The best remedy is to eat especially healthy for the next few days, and 20% less calories than 'normal.' (Where 'normal' is your current calorie goal.)

- Donna
Old 06-30-2013, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 879, 864, 1040, 1972, 869, 2077
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 281, 61, 177, 167, 146, 292
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 0, 1, 0, 2, 3, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 48, 27, 66, 100, 65, 84
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 44, 53, 36, 113, 31, 110
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60, 0, 60, 0, 0, 0
Definitely went for the cupcakes yesterday (and today -- They were too good.) Although, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Going to try to work some of it off today.

Tori: Sounds like there are still more questions than answers regarding your health. That sucks, but know there are many out 'here' who are sending well wishes your way. (& here's a goal suggestion: Ditch the Dew!)

- Donna
Old 06-30-2013, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Went swimming late this morning - the first time I've been able to take advantage of weekend lap swim hours.

Tori - {{{Hugs}}} I know not having a diagnosis can be stressful. Take care of yourself.

Originally Posted by Dad_in_FL
Dietary disaster yesterday - started w/ decision to have a beer, followed by two more. Which was followed by cravings and bad judgement... and then came the annual 4th of July party at the club. 1,500 more calories than I really needed yesterday.

So now do I fast for a day to make up for it, or just blow it off and get back on the horse?
Get back on the horse. Fasting often leads to bingeing. When I blow it big, I try to analyze the situation and plan how I could better handle it the next time around. Do as Donna says and cut calories over the next couple of days or try to get in more exercise.

Originally Posted by RenewedSoul
... Even my mom offered me popcorn covered with butter at the ballgame last night. I just gave her the "eye" and she was like "Oh sorry!" ...(
LOL - I can just see that.

--------
1. Avg under 1400/day calories for week 1412, 1369, 1323, 1290, 1299, 1156
2. Avg 45-min day extra movement 65, 55, 35, 120, 30, 60
3. No white flour, sugar foods N, Y,Y, n, y, n (pizza)
4. 3 cups of green tea daily (started Tues) Y,Y, y, y, y

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.