FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9730-7-day-motivational-thread-06-17-thru-06-23-no-excuses.html)

ToriD1012 06-17-2013 12:38 AM

7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES!

Okay, I guess I'll start us off this week. Last week imploded on me and I did NOT finish the week off well. So here I am again, renewed determination and all that. I'll let Mike make my goals. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Looking forward to another week with y'all. Just hope it doesn't wind up like last week :o

Jho82 06-17-2013 12:44 AM

Feeling Crappy

Hey everyone! Its been sooooooo soooooo sooooooooo long since I've been on here..... BUT its time. Its in fact way past time! I feel crappy.

Good too see a couple familiar faces since May 2012! I lost weight before so I know I can do it again if I put my mind to it.

Tori - how the hell are you!?!

WATER WATER WATER
- thats my only goal this week!

ToriD1012 06-17-2013 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jho82 (Post 99863)
Tori - how the hell are you!?!

It's about damn time you got back on the wagon. I say as I've been hit or miss for MONTHS. Hahaha :) It's good to have you back. You were one of the ones I was going to pm this week to see where and how you are. Now I don't have to. I've been good. I guess :o Mike still gives me hell, but that's never going to change. Life is hectic, but that's just how life is some times. How 'bout you???

libby116 06-17-2013 02:05 AM

See, even with consistant low calories im not getting great numbers on the scale. 181.6 - 179.8 BIG WHOOP. Here goes another week. Something to celebrate I am now in the 170's. :D:D:D
Your support is much appreciated. Love Ya

episode2011 06-17-2013 02:10 AM

Thanks for starting the thread this week, Tori!

Hello Jho! Pleased to make your acquaintance! Welcome back!

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!):
  • Maintain adequate daily hydration:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber:
  • Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week: ...(0/4)
  • Study every day:

Extra Credit (trial goal):
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 30g protein:

Adding extra protein shouldn't be too difficult. What will make it more of a challenge is trying to keep all the elements in balance (high fiber, high protein and low sodium) while keeping the calories low AND eating things I actually enjoy. A "diet" full of crud I don't like won't last long. Been there, done that. Failed.

01gt4.6 06-17-2013 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 99862)
I'll let Mike make my goals.

Let???:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by Jho82 (Post 99863)
I feel crappy.

Feeling like crap sucks. Nobody like to feel warm, soft and squishy. :eek:

Originally Posted by libby116 (Post 99866)
See, even with consistant low calories im not getting great numbers on the scale. 181.6 - 179.8 BIG WHOOP.

That's nearly 2 pounds!:D

ToriD1012 06-17-2013 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by libby116 (Post 99866)
See, even with consistant low calories im not getting great numbers on the scale. 181.6 - 179.8 BIG WHOOP. Here goes another week. Something to celebrate I am now in the 170's

being down 1.8 lbs on the scale is a GOOD THING!! It put you in a new decade. Take it as a big WIN!

Originally Posted by episode2011 (Post 99868)
Thanks for starting the thread this week, Tori!

No problem. Monday mornings aren't terribly busy at work. I had the time

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 99870)
Let???:rolleyes:

thats right. LET!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 99870)
Feeling like crap sucks. Nobody like to feel warm, soft and squishy.

now, that's just gross.

01gt4.6 06-17-2013 03:27 AM

Since Tori is in "no excuses" mode...

Tori:
1) log everything (including activities, no excuses)
2) water (84.5oz/day, that's ONLY five 16.9oz bottles, no excuses)
3) go to the gym and lift weights with WHN (at least once, no excuses)
4) lose 1 pound (no excuses)
5) walk 4 miles (no excuses)

Mike:
1) water (100oz/day)
2) keep Tori in line

01gt4.6 06-17-2013 03:35 AM

carolynnq, if you are reading this, I apologize. I accidentally banned you when I was dropping the hammer on a spammer. We will have this corrected soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. :o

ToriD1012 06-17-2013 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 99874)
Since Tori is in "no excuses" mode...

Tori:
1) log everything (including activities, no excuses)
2) water (84.5oz/day, that's ONLY five 16.9oz bottles, no excuses)
3) go to the gym and lift weights with WHN (at least once, no excuses)
4) lose 1 pound (no excuses)
5) walk 4 miles (no excuses)

Mike:
1) water (100oz/day)
2) keep Tori in line

I think I can handle these. #3 will be iffy though. It's not an excuse, but the truth. WHN has to work this weekend, and seeing as that's the only time we would be able to go to the gym together....it probably won't happen. But we'll see.

And why do you only have 2 goals? JA

libby116 06-17-2013 03:42 AM

My son raced another duathlon yesterday and came in 14th over all even with having to change a flat tire in the middle of the race. He could have been in the top three. I'm so proud of my boy. 30yo 6'3, 164 lbs. :D:D:D

ToriD1012 06-17-2013 05:01 AM

Yay Libby's son!!!

RenewedSoul 06-17-2013 05:37 AM

Congrats Libby on the weight loss and entering the 170's category. I can't "weight" :p to get there. Also, I bet you are proud of your son!

I lost 3 pounds and only have 1 more pound until 30 pounds are gone. I am going to focus on walking and drinking water this week. Good luck everyone!

Week's goals:

*Drink 12 oz of water with every meal
*Walk 7 days a week
*Post everything I eat and log in everyday
*Lose 2 or more pounds this week
*Eat less that 1,250 calories a day

carolynnq 06-17-2013 06:27 AM

Dang! I'm back in. I thought I'd be able to brag that I was kicked out of a forum and banned for life. Mike - if you had taken your vitamins last week as Tori tried to get you to do, maybe your hammer would have fallen in the right place. ;)

Hello, jho. It's good you came back!

epixi - I think I'd go crazy trying to keep on top of sodium, protein, etc. Good for you for doing it. I have enough problems just keeping track of calories. I know I'm eating good foods, so I'm thinking that maybe when I get to a final weight, I'll start looking at other things.

Libby - good for you for getting into the 170s! Losing a pound in a week IS good progress.

Renewed Soul, congrats on the 29 lb weight loss! Even though you say you still have a lot to go, that's still a big accomplishment. I like to visualize the lost weight as 5 lb bags of flour. I bet you can feel a difference in ease of movement.

Edited because I was so interested in what you guys were saying, I forgot my goals:
1. 45 min extra movement a day (avg over week)
2. avg 1400 calories or less
3. avoid white flour, sugar items

ToriD1012 06-17-2013 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 99884)
Dang! I'm back in. I thought I'd be able to brag that I was kicked out of a forum and banned for life. Mike - if you had taken your vitamins last week as Tori tried to get you to do, maybe your hammer would have fallen in the right place

Hahahahaha Bubba, you got called out. Hahahahahahahaha

01gt4.6 06-17-2013 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 99885)

Actually at my last Dr. visit he said that vitamins can actually reduce the affect of my adderall.

Kocialapcia 06-17-2013 07:31 AM

Did somebody say "No excuses"?

I’ve been lurking in the shadows for a while and this group just cracks me up! And now that the heading says “No excuses”, in capital letters nonetheless, it just feels like a good moment to jump in if you’ll have me… You really are a great bunch – funny and supportive. Even though I was just lurking unofficially, reading your posts was something I looked forward to every day.
With me it’s those pesky 5 pounds that come and go… Maybe 6? Kind of afraid to check nowadays…
So let me jump right in and see how a bit of commitment can help my case.
MY GOALS:
· Calorie average under 1800 (195 from Cabernet Sauvignon. That’s just a measly 8 fl oz and there’ve got to be limits on sacrifice…)
· In addition to what I normally do exercise-wise, one extra physical activity this week.
PLAN B (hey – it’s my first official week - I could use some slack!):
Just inhale fewer cumulative calories over the week than I burn, even if it is a tiny number.

Fingers crossed for everybody’s success!
Kocia

01gt4.6 06-17-2013 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Kocialapcia (Post 99888)
Just inhale fewer cumulative calories over the week than I burn, even if it is a tiny number.

Kocia

Welcome aboard. Just log your sleep and you've got yourself a deal.:D

Kocialapcia 06-17-2013 07:46 AM

Haha! I said you guys crack me up, didn't I?

RenewedSoul 06-17-2013 08:29 AM

Welcome Kocialapcia! It took me a couple of observing quietly before I joined this thread, too. It does help with goals and keeps me accountable for my actions.

Thank you Carolynn! Yes, I do feel a lot better and have more energy. Why do I finally feel like I'm covered in a huge pile of flower?!? :eek: Great analogy lol and a way to visualize my weight loss. I do have a lot more to lose, but I know that it is possible. I will not give up.

carolynnq 06-17-2013 09:15 AM

Kocia - welcome! So glad you joined in. Good goals! It all pretty much comes down to calories and exercise. It's amazing how quickly 5 lbs can go on -- and then how hard it is to come off.

Edited to add:
Mike, there have been several studies that have found that people who take vitamins have an increased risk of dying. However, a lot of the effect might be because people who are feeling poorly (and already ill) may be more likely to take vitamins than healthy people.

01gt4.6 06-17-2013 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 99894)

Edited to add:
Mike, there have been several studies that have found that people who take vitamins have an increased risk of dying. However, a lot of the effect might be because people who are feeling poorly (and already ill) may be more likely to take vitamins than healthy people.

Thanks for confirming that I shouldn't be taking my vitamins. I already feel like I'm going to live longer now.;)

01gt4.6 06-17-2013 09:38 AM

C'mon everyone! Lets start calling for Hope and see if she shows up. "Oh Hope, where are you?" C'mon everyone... all at once... "Ohhhh Hoooope, where are yoooouuu?".

carolynnq 06-17-2013 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 99896)
C'mon everyone! Lets start calling for Hope and see if she shows up. "Oh Hope, where are you?" C'mon everyone... all at once... "Ohhhh Hoooope, where are yoooouuu?".

I'll join in. I was thinking about Hope earlier today.

ToriD1012 06-17-2013 10:30 AM

Didnt we say no excuses? The "the doctor said...." bit sounds a LOT like an excuse to me.

HHHOOOPPPPEEEEE!!!! WHERE ARE YYYOOOOOUUUUUU?!?!?!?!?!

01gt4.6 06-17-2013 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 99898)
Didnt we say no excuses? The "the doctor said...." bit sounds a LOT like an excuse to me.

HHHOOOPPPPEEEEE!!!! WHERE ARE YYYOOOOOUUUUUU?!?!?!?!?!

Okay, let me see if I have this right... Aparently I wasn't paying attention when I dropped the hammer on c-dizzle...

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 99884)
Dang! I'm back in. I thought I'd be able to brag that I was kicked out of a forum and banned for life. Mike - if you had taken your vitamins last week as Tori tried to get you to do, maybe your hammer would have fallen in the right place. ;)

Hello, jho. It's good you came back!

epixi - I think I'd go crazy trying to keep on top of sodium, protein, etc. Good for you for doing it. I have enough problems just keeping track of calories. I know I'm eating good foods, so I'm thinking that maybe when I get to a final weight, I'll start looking at other things.

Libby - good for you for getting into the 170s! Losing a pound in a week IS good progress.

Renewed Soul, congrats on the 29 lb weight loss! Even though you say you still have a lot to go, that's still a big accomplishment. I like to visualize the lost weight as 5 lb bags of flour. I bet you can feel a difference in ease of movement.

Edited because I was so interested in what you guys were saying, I forgot my goals:
1. 45 min extra movement a day (avg over week)
2. avg 1400 calories or less
3. avoid white flour, sugar items

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 99885)

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 99886)
Actually at my last Dr. visit he said that vitamins can actually reduce the affect of my adderall.

I didn't take my vitamins because my doctor said it diminishes the affect of my medicine that helps me pay attention. Soooo... it's safe to assume that if I WERE taking my vitamins that I wouldn't have caught that I actually banned her and get it fixed (my attention would have been even worse). Right?

Robingen 06-17-2013 11:22 AM

Happy Monday everyone. Hope? Are you there? Lurking?

Mike that's hilarious that you banned (hammer down) on Carolynnq. I wonder what kind of message she received from fitday "You are permanently banned from Fitday for spamming" hahahahaha. Imagine the shocked expression. Anyway Carolyn glad you made it back.

Welcome Kocia. Yes I think you will enjoy yourself here. Nothing like a little banter to entertain our weightloss efforts.

Libby! Shock! 1.8 pounds is great........I am lucky to get 1 pound/week. The closer you get to goal the slower it goes.

Having a grad party (family gathering) Thursday for my son. Lasagna, baguette and cake, that's what he wants. Parties, banquets, tough couple of weeks. Thankfully I am using a rolling average:).

Goals:
1. Rolling average <1400 cals: M-1274
2. 1 green tea/day: M-Y
3. Increase Omega 3: M-Y
4. Do some kinda exercise this week: M-walked 1.5k

libby116 06-17-2013 11:25 AM

Last week was good for a lot of us. YAY. Lets see if we can do it again.
Water 6 glasses: yes,
Calories under 1100: M-1069
Exercise 5k: 1.47k

HOPE WHERE ARE YOU. Did you hear me yelling?

carolynnq 06-17-2013 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 99900)

Mike that's hilarious that you banned (hammer down) on Carolynnq. I wonder what kind of message she received from fitday "You are permanently banned from Fitday for spamming" hahahahaha. Imagine the shocked expression. Anyway Carolyn glad you made it back.

When I logged in and clicked the link for the forums, I got a screen that said something like:
You have been banned from forum participation.
Reason: Spam
When you may return: Never

I was shocked. First I thought maybe it was a forum glitch, and it was happening to everybody. But, no, other people seemed to be posting just fine. Then I thought someone must have hacked my account and been posting spam (that was fresh on my mind as my husband's email acct was hacked last week), so I searched for posts by me in the last week. But, no, there weren't any new posts since Friday. I started wondering what I did that got me banned, and figured maybe I could use the time I spend on the boards for exercising. Then I saw Mike's post.

After thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that Mike was concerned about my being at this darn weight plateau for weeks, and he banned me to get my metabolism speeded up! If I start losing again this week, the credit goes to Mike.

Robingen 06-17-2013 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 99902)
After thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that Mike was concerned about my being at this darn weight plateau for weeks, and he banned me to get my metabolism speeded up! If I start losing again this week, the credit goes to Mike.

hahahaha.....I hope you are right.

Hey, has anybody ever tried "skinny B" cereal. Bought some today for the first time. I plan to try it in the am.

Jho82 06-17-2013 12:40 PM

Nice to see everyone being so chatty!! Love it.

Focussing on my water this week - did good today and I'm hoping it brings back some energy because I have zero.

Tori - we finally moved from the house in the country thank god but it was a long haul. It took us just over a year but everything happens for a a reason because after we sold we found the perfect house and we are loving it!

Mike - it sux but thats exactly how I feel - you nailed it lol

I probably wont be on all that much this week - we are headed to Cedar Point wednesday night till friday!! So excited!

01gt4.6 06-17-2013 02:36 PM

Carolynnq, you're safe. If I were to see any unusual posts by a regular, especially spam, I would reach out to them first before dropping the hammer. I will take credit for the loss though.

Jho, head up. This is your week!

dmartz 06-17-2013 03:00 PM

Mon.

I've got a busy day ahead, so I'm posting Monday's installment of my std. issue goals:
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1080
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 50
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 38
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 34
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60
Carolyn: Glad to see you made it back!

So ... Do you feel "Pure and disposed to mount unto the stars." (?)

iansteele 06-17-2013 03:01 PM

Welcome to the new faces

Goals for this week:

>500 calories worth of exercise each day
M-258
<2500 calories from alcohol for the week
M-864
>2500 calories difference for the week
M-(102)

Poor start but it can really only get better

ToriD1012 06-18-2013 12:13 AM

1) log everything (including activities, no excuses)--yes
2) water (84.5oz/day, that's ONLY five 16.9oz bottles, no excuses)--no
3) go to the gym and lift weights with WHN (at least once, no excuses)--no
4) lose 1 pound (no excuses)--?
5) walk 4 miles (no excuses)--0

Just a quick update. Yesterday food wise was good. I stayed under 1700 calories, a big improvement. Water could have been better, but I fell asleep on the couch and don't like to drink too much before going to bed. Too many trips to the potty in the middle of the night if I do. However!! I only had one bottle of Diet Dew yesterday. I could have had more, but went with water at supper. Yay me. Okay. Busy busy day today. Probably won't be able to check in until later tonight.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!!

Kocialapcia 06-18-2013 01:42 AM

Carolyn - I love the critical analysis you went thorough, while sitting there with your jaw probably still dropped!

MY GOALS:
· Calorie average under 1800 (195 from Cabernet Sauvignon. That’s just a measly 8 fl oz)
M- 1724, only 122 from Cab, (5oz was all)

· In addition to what I normally do exercise-wise, one extra physical activity this week.
M- no - the week is still young, no?

01gt4.6 06-18-2013 02:07 AM

Yesterday was a yes and no for goal number #2. I did what I could to keep her in line but she just wouldn't comply. I guess I can't give my lil sis too much of a hard time because I know she's going to have a great week this week!

Mike:
1) water (100oz/day) yes
2) keep Tori in line (yes & no)

carolynnq 06-18-2013 03:22 AM

Hello, everyone!

It was 46 degrees when I got up to go swimming this morning (at an outdoor pool). The pool is heated, but it was chilly enough outside that I considered not going. I went, though, and was glad I did. And maybe I shivered off a few extra calories!

I saw a great poster yesterday. It said, "Procrastination. You're not just putting off the work. You're putting off the results."

Robin - I haven't heard of Skinny B cereal. Let us know how you like it.

Ian - good to see you. I don't get the paladin riddle at all.

Tori - you had a great day yesterday - keep it going. If we both do well this week, Mike can take credit for us both.

Kocia - if you get stuck on an extra activity, find something on youtube. There are all kinds of workouts, yoga, dance, etc. Epixi tried to get us doing Bollywood dancing. I tried it a couple of times - it was fun - but I'm a real klutz when it comes to dancing.

-----
1. 45 min extra movement a day (avg over week) 35
2. avg 1400 calories or less 1307
3. avoid white flour, sugar items Y

RenewedSoul 06-18-2013 06:48 AM

Week's goals:

*Drink 12 oz of water with every meal: yes
*Walk 7 days a week: no
*Post everything I eat and log in everyday: yes
*Lose 2 or more pounds this week: crossing fingers and toes
*Eat less that 1,250 calories a day: yes

I cannot type much, because I am so busy with work and all the kids tournament baseball games every evening. I can't keep track of where I am going. :p

ClaireS89 06-18-2013 07:24 AM

Hi all! My name is Claire.

This weeks goals (Starting a bit late).

1. Get myself down to the pool and register!
2. Log all food and activities.
3. Swim at least 5 laps at least twice this week (Starting small, aim to improve.)