Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor! >

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor!

Old 06-05-2013, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Looking up

Well hello again everyone. I've had a baby boy with thrush the last few days so haven't been able to be on, but I DID log my stuff on paper so I could enter it all when I had a chance. So here is my update been doing good with keeping my calories in the negative. (Almost didn't make it Monday)
I have been avoiding weighing myself, but finally got the encouragement from my husband and I have lost 6 pounds. I cried!!! (Tears of joy, of course)
So here are my 7 Day Goals for this week:
1.) Keep up with my logs
2.) Work on doing more activities
3.) Try to not sneak as many fruit roll-ups into my day (yes there are a lot.)
4.) Try to not "eat my feelings" when I get down
5.) Try to cut back on the soda
5.) Keep my head up and look more to all of you wonderful people for more support and motivation.
A big thank you to Renewed Soul for checking on me!!!!!!!!!! I now know there ARE people that are here for me, and I hope so very much I can do the same for others!!!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone this week.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

JimmeysWifey - good to see you back. Hope your little one is doing okay. Congrats on your weight loss! And I'm SO glad your husband is being supportive.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Jimmyswifey,

That is so awesome! I bet it felt great to weigh and look down seeing -6. I am glad to hear that your husband gives you support. I have the opposite problem with the scale. I weigh myself too much (sometimes several times a day). I love your weekly goals. They are realistic, and I bet you do great this week. Hope your baby starts feeling better.

RenewedSoul
Old 06-05-2013, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

This weeks goals:

1. Cals between 1200 and 1400 (rolling average) 1311, 1292, 1240
2. One green tea per day. M-Y. T-N (eek forgot), W-3 cups
3. Increase Omega 3. M-Y, T-Y, W-Y
Old 06-05-2013, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Just a quick check in. Had to work way too long today. I'm seriously not used to working this hard on Wednesdays. Will do a full report tomorrow, just wanted to get a quick post done. Off to cook supper for tomorrow and need to do more laundry. Ciao!!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jimmyswifey0602
Well hello again everyone. I've had a baby boy with thrush the last few days so haven't been able to be on, but I DID log my stuff on paper so I could enter it all when I had a chance. So here is my update been doing good with keeping my calories in the negative. (Almost didn't make it Monday)
I have been avoiding weighing myself, but finally got the encouragement from my husband and I have lost 6 pounds. I cried!!! (Tears of joy, of course)
So here are my 7 Day Goals for this week:
1.) Keep up with my logs
2.) Work on doing more activities
3.) Try to not sneak as many fruit roll-ups into my day (yes there are a lot.)
4.) Try to not "eat my feelings" when I get down
5.) Try to cut back on the soda
5.) Keep my head up and look more to all of you wonderful people for more support and motivation.
A big thank you to Renewed Soul for checking on me!!!!!!!!!! I now know there ARE people that are here for me, and I hope so very much I can do the same for others!!!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone this week.

You might want to consider the possibility of a sugar addiction.........yes some of us have that! For myself I have to do complete abstinence from candy, and other sugary treats. Eating one will trigger hard to handle cravings. I am just noticing that you are trying to "cut back" but you might need a complete detox from the fruit rollups, soda etc. Just wanted to throw that out there.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wed.

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1078, 1069, 871
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 109, 78, 133
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 2, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 53, 42, 48
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 64, 57, 20
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 10, 55
  • 'Stretch' goal: Loose 2 pounds
Busy days this week. Eight seventy one is a bit too low on the cals for me, makes it hard to get up in the a.m. Still working out though, 10 mins this morning.

- Donna

P.S. I don't think I can loose those pounds, and I'm somewhat worried that trying may knock me out off my maintenance 'sticking point.' But I have a number of big celebrations planned for mid-month on through mid-July, so I'd like to take some preventative measures to counterbalance what's sure to be a calorifically good time.

Last edited by dmartz; 06-06-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
You might want to consider the possibility of a sugar addiction.........yes some of us have that! For myself I have to do complete abstinence from candy, and other sugary treats. Eating one will trigger hard to handle cravings. I am just noticing that you are trying to "cut back" but you might need a complete detox from the fruit rollups, soda etc. Just wanted to throw that out there.
Good suggestion. I'm like you - I can resist candy, potato chips, etc. as long as I don't start. Once I eat one piece, I'm ashamed to say that my will power disappears.

Jimmyswife - cutting out sugary treats might help you to reduce your appetie overall. The body quickly converts fructose (the sugar in fruit and high fructose corn syrup) to fat. It also suppresses leptin, the hormone responsible for telling our brains when we're full. When we eat whole fruits, we're getting fiber, vitamins and minerals along with the fructose (and the fiber slows down the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream). High fructose corn syrup in a soda just adds calories, fat, and messes with your brain's appetite control center.

Donna - smart of you to cut back on calories in advance (my "in advance" is usually the morning of the high-calorie day).

Goals for the week:
1. Avg less than 1400 calories a day: 1255, 1170, 1041
2. Avg 45 min exercise a day: 22, 125, 15
3. Small bites, slower eating: so-so
4. No sugar, white flour: Y, Y, N (some canned chicken noodle soup - got my sodium for the day there too!)
Old 06-06-2013, 09:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

*keep calories at a min. of 1,200 and max. of 1,400 yes, yes, yes
*Walk 15 minutes at night yes, yes, yes (jogged a bit too )
*Drink 6 glasses of water at the min. yes, no, yes
*Only eat raw fruits, veggies, seeds, nuts for the week yes, yes, yes

We are halfway through the week, and it looks like we are all working hard to meet our goals. Drinking enough water is a big challenge for me. I only drink water, and I am not a big fan of it. I used to be a soda addict. I haven't had a pop for 5 1/2 weeks. I thought I would have a hard time, but I'm doing pretty good with it.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I am like a lot of you. One piece of candy or one potato chip leads to many more so I can't eat them at all. I am planing to start exercising again tomorrow. I am always more mindful of what I eat when I exercise. Let's keep up the good work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.