Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Seeking a healthy lifestyle that will last! >

Seeking a healthy lifestyle that will last!

Community
Notices

Seeking a healthy lifestyle that will last!

Old 06-09-2014, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default recipe for those who like chicken wings

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs - Shrinking Kitchen : Shrinking Kitchen

Okay, this one is probably one of my husband's favorites. If you like chicken wings, this is your healthy option. My husband can eat these like candy and I really like them too. I'm probably going to make them for guests when we have a group coming over to watch a football game in the fall. It's only 157 calories per 4 meatballs and it is filling. It really does not taste like a "healthy food" I would just think you need to watch the portions because I could seriously eat a ton more than 4 if I wanted to. All the nutritional info is at the bottom of the link. My husband doesn't care for blue cheese so I used feta in a batch and they were really good as well and even less calories.

I eat these for dinner but will also have left overs so I can pop one or two in as a snack if I'm hungry. It must be the protein or something but they are filling as a snack when you need something to get you through the afternoon. These are spicy so you can probably adjust the hot sauce to your own taste.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default breakfast options

https://fullplateliving.org/blog/2-b...nd-pumpkin-pie

As some of you may know, my husband was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes so I try to find things that he will eat and doesn't feel deprived. This is also really good for regulating your blood sugar. There are 2 recipes, one is for Breakfast Apple Pie and the other is Breakfast Pumpkin Pie. Both are really good. I like the pumpkin while my husband's favorite is the apple pie. I'll also crumble some walnuts and dried fruit on the top along with some extra cinnamon. You can portion it out and have breakfast ready for the week. I would give my husband a full cup serving versus the 1/2 cup and he was satisfied with that.

For both recipes I substitute Stevia for the brown sugar and the milk option I use is Almond milk. It is extremely filling and will keep you full for a while. An added bonus is that your house will smell like pie when you wake up in the morning. (I always start cooking this at night so it will be ready in the morning). They give you the nutritional info but I always ended up with more servings than they said I would so the calorie count for me was actually lower...about 115 calories per half cup.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Jacklin. Those sound really yummy and could be used for meals or snacks. I also like to use my crockpot, so will def. give those a try.