Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread, starting May 27: New Week, New Start! >

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting May 27: New Week, New Start!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting May 27: New Week, New Start!

Old 05-29-2013, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard Mindy. The calorie stuff can be confusing at first but soon you'll get the hang of it. I think it may have been Carolyn that gave a good explanation of it a while back. I'll see if I can find her post.

found it >> http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...-confused.html
Old 05-29-2013, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Goodness, the board is flying this week!!! After a couple of slower weeks, this activity is great to see! I'm going to try to catch up, but it may take me a few posts, so bear with me, please.

First off, a hearty Hello and welcome aboard to Mindy!!! And congratulations on your precious new little one! I'm sure some of what you're carrying is still baby weight, so don't be hard on yourself. I see one of your goals is to fit in more exercise... so bench press that baby!!! (Just kidding, s/he is still a little young for that ). Seriously, great looking, very doable goals. You're off to a great start!

Carolynn, I'm using Pimsleur, too! Great stuff, although they go a little fast sometimes, not leaving me enough time to answer. Today, for example, I found myself saying "yeah, what he said" instead of actually saying the proper sentence . What a beautiful reason you have for studying Tagalog, that's really sweet and thoughtful.

With regard to dinner with SIL, I like your idea of planning a strategy. Sounds like you've got it under control. Don't beat yourself up if it doesn't go exactly to plan, though. Be as kind to yourself as you always are to others. Enjoy the movie!

Ian, am I correct in assuming that's Korean? It must be wonderful to be immersed in the language. I'm sure you're learning more than you think you are. And you're learning not only textbook, but how the language is actually used. Reading, writing, speaking, listening, you have it all!

With regard to staying in the blue, it's only been these past two weeks, really. I've tried to set myself up for success by giving myself goals that aren't toooo much of a stretch. Take the fiber, for example: technically, I should be getting 21g or more per day but I found that was too much to ask right off the bat. So, after a disastrous fiber week, I started over with a goal of just 10g. Now I'm up to a goal of average 16. Eventually, I hope to get it up to average 21 but I'm not ready for that yet. Baby steps.

Posting updates is a great motivator for me, too. I hate having to report bad news. I can't tell you how many things I've bypassed over the past couple of weeks, simply because I knew they'd end up in The Report (Goal 1: Log everything) .

Mike, you crack me up. Sounds like you and your kids have a fun relationship! And as for beignets, it's always a good time for beignets, with or without kids! Wish I had one right now!

That's it for the moment -- back later, once I've had time to review more posts! Keep up the good work, everyone, nutritionally, activity-wise and posting!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, part 2:

Oh, Robin! I winced just reading about your back and that was before I looked up exactly what it was . It just sounds painful. And yet, you continue on, modifying your workouts to accommodate. My hat is off to you!

Debbie and Libby, I'm impressed with your walking/running. Heck, I doubt I could run 5m, let alone 5km, and I'd have to be being chased by a car to do that much!

Donna, adding in chicken broth, garlic and onion sounds delightful for the blackeyed peas and rice. Definitely for the next batch!

As far as how much studying I do, Ian, I try to get in 30 minutes to an hour per evening. You'd think I'd be fluent by now but sadly, not so. I've been at it off and on for a few years (few months on, more months off). I'm better than I was, but no where near what I'd like. I doubt I could even read a kid's book. Oh well, it's still fun.

On a completely different note, I just found a Youtube video of a dance I'd like to learn. I mentioned it on another post in a different thread, but thought I'd mention it here, too (I'll tell you why in a sec). The video is How to Bollywood Dance: Navrai Majhi and it comes in four parts. The instructor seems great! She breaks the dance down into very simple movements and shows them and explains them well. It looks like fun!

The reason I mention it is that I thought it might be fun to learn with friends. Wouldn't it be a hoot if, one day, we were all in the same place at the same time and we could do it together! Hey, it could happen!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Mindy welcome! So glad you joined us. The thread is busy this week, that's so exciting. I'm hoping us "oldbies" can inspire the "newbies".

For those that are new and not sure what to do, my suggestion is to simply log for a week and figure out what is going on. At first I could only restrict my calories but now I am learning to pay attention to my sat fat, fiber, protein, etc. and the eating is getting healthier and healthier, with new recipes etc. In the first weeks my goals were to bring my lunch to work and stop buying take out. I don't have to have those goals now. 21 days to make a new habit I firmly believe that everyone's weight struggles are unique and that you have to adapt it to your own circumstances.

Logging and posting goals are working for me.

Epixi, holy moly my back feels great! One adjustment and I feel so much better. I have to continue of course, this didn't fix it, but I am feeling so hopeful. I have gone the chiropractic route years ago and it worked, don't ask me why it took me so long this time. I might even be able to do your Bollywood dance lol. Just kidding, dancing is not my thing. Seriously I might run in this year, we'll see how this goes.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by iansteele
862? Hell, what did you eat?
In a word, leftovers. Tuesday May 28, 2013 :

Whole Grain Cereal With Raisins, Dates, and Pecans, 1 cup: 280
Turkey breast meat, 100 g: 104
Pork - Fresh, loin, broiled, 150 g: 281
Homemade - Cole Slaw, 1 Cup: 55
7 Grain Crackers, 12 crackers 142
Total: 862

+ 1 hour aggressive workout between the turkey and the pork. The crackers to keep from being hungry overnight.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
In a word, leftovers. Tuesday May 28, 2013 :

Whole Grain Cereal With Raisins, Dates, and Pecans, 1 cup: 280
Turkey breast meat, 100 g: 104
Pork - Fresh, loin, broiled, 150 g: 281
Homemade - Cole Slaw, 1 Cup: 55
7 Grain Crackers, 12 crackers 142
Total: 862

+ 1 hour aggressive workout between the turkey and the pork. The crackers to keep from being hungry overnight.
Tisk tisk.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Goals this week:

1. Maintain a rolling average between 1200 and 1400 calories: 1231, 1264, 1239
2. Walk 10k this week: M-2k. W-3k
3. Swim 1x
4. Weight training 1x: T
5. Increase Omega 3: M-Y, T-Y, W-Y

Tomorrow is insanely busy, but I am going for a swim if I can get up by 6 otherwise it will be a no exercise day.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tsk yourself!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tisk tisk.
It wasn't all peanut butter & jelly!
Old 05-29-2013, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
On a completely different note, I just found a Youtube video of a dance I'd like to learn. [..] How to Bollywood Dance: Navrai Majhi
I don't know. I thought about learning belly dancing, or maybe hula ... never thought about Bollywood.

- Donna
Old 05-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
It wasn't all peanut butter & jelly!
that wasn't what I was talking about. Just messing with you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.