FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread, starting May 27: New Week, New Start! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9626-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-may-27-new-week-new-start.html)

Robingen 05-28-2013 12:44 PM

Carolyn, Libby, Debbie, Epixi, Ian - the week is off to a bang on start. Sorry Mike for leaving you out but at least you are here :), and yes, easy to blame it all on Tori when she is MIA (and not reading posts?)

Donna what happened? Maybe need to change to rolling averages?

Got to the back clinic today but have to go back for my assessment results tomorrow. It's looking like I have a stuck ligament in my sacral area- how weird is that, no wonder it's not really healing. The chiropractor was really happy with my work out routines though.

Libby there was a question on the intake questionnaire, "What would you do if you were healed?" and I wrote "run". This going easy is getting a little annoying.

Goals this week:

1. Maintain a rolling average between 1200 and 1400 calories: 1231, 1264
2. Walk 10k this week: M-2k
3. Swim 1x
4. Weight training 1x: T
5. Increase Omega 3: M-Y, T-Y

libby116 05-28-2013 01:58 PM

We have a lot of Canadians here

I live near Kitchener Ontario. If any of you are close maybe we can get together.

lildebbieg 05-28-2013 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by libby116 (Post 99212)
Debbie: What weight were you when you started running? I can't run farther than between a few telephone poles and I am hoping as I lose weight
I will be able to run more. I am under my calorie allowance for the day but I didn't exercise as long either. Things are going well this week both with diet and exercise. We can do this.

Hey Libby :)
I started running when I was on maternity leave with my second child. She refused to take a bottle, so I nursed her until she was 11 months old. For many mothers, this is the norm, but for me it was really difficult! My husband couldn't do anything to please her...all she wanted was mommy! I also have a little boy who was only 19 months old when I had my daughter. It was a trying time and I took up running to get out of the house at least for a short time. I started with 'Couch to 5K'. It's a great program to get you started running and to slowly build your distance and endurance. Google it if you haven't heard of it...you'll find it on CoolRunning.com I eventually lost steam and stopped running. This past December, I created my own Couch to 10 K to start running again and build my distance. All this to say, when I started running, I was around the 135-140 mark...right where I am now. I really encourage you to check out the 'Couch to 5K'!! It's tried and true and will halep you get started running the right way!!

Debbie

libby116 05-28-2013 10:49 PM

Debbie: I took a walking class with the running room 2 years ago and I enjoyed it a lot. Each week our leader would take us farther along the walking trails in our area. Our longest walks were about 5K round trip.
I didn't sign up for the next sescion because my walking partner hurt her foot. It was great having a walking buddy to talk with as we walked along.
Now I have the motivation to do things on my own. When I get down to
145 I will start training for a 5K.

iansteele 05-28-2013 11:41 PM

Week 2 Progress:

Under 2000 calories per day 1897, 1353
Cardio 3x
Walk 20 miles 1, 0
Situps 1k 0, 50
Pushups 250 0, 75

Robingen 05-29-2013 12:01 AM

Nice job Ian. You weren't too hungry at 1353?

Libby I have run at 190lbs. Not fast, in fact slower than some people walk but I could run a whole 5k. The impt thing is to have enough muscle in your legs to take the shock so that you don't hurt your knees. I also learned in a learn to run program and it was fun and helpful.

The most impt thing is to build up your stamina gradually so that you don't hurt yourself. And running's not for everyone which is fine. Walking is enough to meet your fitness needs for general health.

It's fun to sign up for things and set goals.

iansteele 05-29-2013 12:36 AM

I had 4 small meals throughout the day so didn't mind it too much, but it's too time consuming to make 4 small meals per day so I'll go back to larger, more calorie intense meals from today

dmartz 05-29-2013 12:42 AM

Tues

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 2271, 862
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 259, 184
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 1
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 97, 73
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 56, 30
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 0, 60
Heavy on the protein.

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 99215)
Donna what happened? Maybe need to change to rolling averages?

Robin: I'm always bad on holidays. But not too bad. I weighed myself this morning and I'm at the low end of my 'normal' range. I'm usually there on Thursday am, so maybe my scale is just confused. Currently I've been averaging Monday - Sunday, and 1500 is about par.
Best of luck getting your ligaments unstuck!

- Donna

episode2011 05-29-2013 01:00 AM

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes
  • Maintain adequate daily hydration: yes, yes
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories: 1407, 1363
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium: 1023, 932
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber: 19, 19
  • Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week: M=Tai Chi/Yoga, T=Taiko Class
  • Study every day: yes, yes

Really short on time right now. Will be back to chat later today.

libby116 05-29-2013 03:49 AM

The diet is going well and so is the exercise. I walked 1.71K in 22min.:)
The weight is coming down but I won't post it till Monday morning.
Question: What do you eat after a work out? I have heard that you should eat protein to repair muscle damage. Any suggestions? I wanted to get my bike out of the garage but my DH said I should lose some weight first.:mad: So I asked him how much he thinks I should lose and he said 25 pounds. That would put me at 161. I hope I get there before the snow flies again.:eek: