FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9559-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-may-13-getting-our-groove-back.html)

episode2011 05-13-2013 12:30 AM

7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back!

Good Monday Morning, folks! Let's get this show on the road!

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!):
  • At least 1500ml water per day:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of under 1550 calories:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of under 1300mg sodium:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 15g fiber:
  • No red entries on this report:
  • Study every day:

episode2011 05-13-2013 12:39 AM

Our Motivational Thread took a bit of a dive last week. I don't know if everyone is busy, bored or discouraged, but we can't give up! This week, let's get our groove back! Let's beat last week!

A few stats about the 7 Day Motivational Thread:

Week of April 1: 124 posts, 2325 views
Week of April 8: 116 posts, 2298 views
Week of April 15: 86 posts, 1685 views
Week of April 22: 93 posts, 1534 views
Week of April 28: 75 posts, 1212 views
Week of May 6: 48 posts, 729 views

jjrudd 05-13-2013 01:44 AM

Thanks Epixi for starting us off. That is discouraging!
I have found I am eating too many carbs lately and definetely have to cut back on that! I weighed myself yesterday and was down 3lbs which was probably partly water since I made sure I was drinking the 6 glasses.

GOALS
1. Stay within carb limit
2. 4 servings of fruits and veggies
3. At least 6 glasses of water
4. Exercise 30 min 4X
5. Lose 1lb

Jenn

01gt4.6 05-13-2013 03:27 AM

Yell it from the roof top Epi. Speaking of... last night I made my way up to the roof top and got this.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps290f2f2c.jpg

I'm sick now and only have one more day here.

Jezzie8 05-13-2013 04:34 AM

You have a knack for spectacular views Mike :)

My goal this week is to ensure I get my water in - at least 6 cups a day
Also, I've arranged for m-w-f to have a friend come walk with me in the evening so I can't back out :)

I'm staying around 1400 or so calories a day so will try to go lower as well, it seems I am merely maintaining instead of losing so between the walking & water hopefully I start losing again! I'm losing track of carbs / calories with the smoothies so have to figure it out...

Have a great happy & healthy week everyone...

Robingen 05-13-2013 04:41 AM

Hello Everyone

Thanks Epixi on the info on posting, that's what it seemed like.

I don't have any idea what goals to have for this week...........I might do a week with no goals, unless something magically comes to me or somebody else's appeal to me enough to copy them.

It's Mon and I have already been to the gym and had a long walk.

Jezzie great idea to have a walking buddy.

01gt4.6 05-13-2013 04:45 AM

Thanks Jezzie

episode2011 05-13-2013 09:36 AM

Now, we're talkin'! Literally! Glad to see the activity -- I was beginning to worry that I had bad breath or something :p.

Mike, last photo is gorgeous! Sorry you're not feeling well -- get better, dear!

Good for you for getting gym and walking done already, Robin! Off to a great start!

Nice idea getting a walking bud, Jezzie!

And a hearty Woot Woot for Jenn, down 3!

As for me, still checking out yoga and tai chi options (studio vs home). I think I've settled on a yoga studio and a tai chi dvd series. I got a mat (yay), so now it's just a matter of actually *doing* something. And I still need to study today. Looks like I should stop typing and get moving.

See ya!

Jezzie8 05-13-2013 02:18 PM

My friend & I went walking this evening - according to her iphone we walked 3.7 kms in about 40 minutes so not bad :) My legs were feeling it anyway LOL
And my calories for today 1045 which I'm happy with.
Had a green detox smoothie for supper and after the walk a 1/2 mini watermelon for dessert, yum.
Good night y'all

01gt4.6 05-13-2013 03:11 PM

Damn... where is everyone? Hey if you are off the wagon, why not hop back on?? Lets get busy everyone. I want to see more goals!