FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting May 6--Going Down? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9528-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-may-6-going-down.html)

Robingen 05-06-2013 10:42 AM

Hi everyone. OK despite last week's goal I am way overscheduled this week. So goals need to be realistic given the time I have. I'm back to previous goals:

1. No take out
2. Make healthy lunches
3. Log every thing.
4. 1200-1400 calories daily
5. Walk 2x
6. Swim 1x

That's pretty well all I can manage this week.

jjrudd 05-06-2013 11:26 AM

1. Stay within carb limit yes
2. 4 servings of fruits and veggies 2 fruit, 3 veg
3. At least 6 glasses of water yes up to 5 so far
4. Exercise 30 min 4X no
5. Lose the 2lbs that I gained
6. Try not to get discouraged yes

A good start, hopefully I can keep it going. Will get my exercise tomorrow as I HAVE to do yardwork

Jenn

episode2011 05-06-2013 02:52 PM

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 1500
  • Keep calories under 1600 per day: 1276 Bam!
  • Keep sodium under 1300 per day: 908
  • At least 10g fiber per day: 21 Booyah!
  • No red entries on this report: Monday
  • Study every day: yes

A strong start to the week, oh yeah. I'm pleased as punch! Now I just have to keep it up!

We can do this!

01gt4.6 05-07-2013 04:15 AM

only on 2 pages? C'mon, I know some of us are missing but y'all don't need to be so quiet.

jjrudd 05-07-2013 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 98672)
only on 2 pages? C'mon, I know some of us are missing but y'all don't need to be so quiet.

And where are YOUR goals :rolleyes:

Jenn

dmartz 05-07-2013 05:33 AM

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1069
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 108
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 5
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 57
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 36
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55
Typical Monday Fare: Whole grain cereal, salad w/ fresh lettuce, spinach, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower & leftover grilled chicken for lunch. Nuts before workout, after, turkey & a couple little red (leftover) potatoes. Oh, and an apple in there somewhere.

Bigger salad for lunch today, w/ avocado & a slice of bacon.

carolynnq 05-07-2013 08:00 AM

Jenn - I've been doing yard work as exercise 3 or 4 days a week - it's nice to get outside once in a while - and it's also nice to see results immediately afterward (in the yard - results in the body come too slow!).

Good job, epixi!

Donna - your salads sound good. I had one for lunch with a bit of leftover steak thrown in. The bacon & avocado sounds good. I've got bacon & bought a bag of avocados last night (but it will be a couple of days before they'll ripen). I'm already looking forward to it.

1. 3 meals + 2-3 snacks (no extra snacking) Y
2. 2 min. exercise before meal prep, snacks. Y
3. An avg of an hour extra movement a day: 45,
4. No sugar, white flour: N (4 saltines - went out and bought some whole wheat crackers last night)
5. Small bites and put fork down between bites: Y
6: Weight same or down: same

episode2011 05-07-2013 02:52 PM

You are rocking the goals, Donna! Your "Typical Monday Fare" sounds perfect. Well done!

Carolynn, yard work is HARD work! Works every muscle in your body and yet doesn't feel like "exercise". At least it doesn't for me. What are you planting? Have the tulips and daffodils come out where you are yet? I love that spring burst of color.

As for the rest of you folks, I know you're there! Don't worry, we'll keep the lights on for ya :).

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 1500, 1500 (working the last bit in as I write this*)
  • Keep calories under 1600 per day: 1276, 1074
  • Keep sodium under 1300 per day: 908, 296
  • At least 10g fiber per day: 21, 14
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday
  • Study every day: yes, yes

Who made the goal of "Try something I've never done before" last week? Well, whoever you are, thank you -- I took a note from you. I just got back from my first ever Taiko class! It was a blast and more of a workout than I expected. What I DO expect is to be majorly sore tomorrow, haha. I'm really looking forward to going again. Wish it was more than once a week, though.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

*PS that water is now gone, so 1500 is a legit number, earning me all blue entries for today. Whew!

episode2011 05-08-2013 12:38 AM

Well, I fully expected to be sore this morning, but I'm not! Not sure why but I'm not complaining. Thinking about heading to a Tai Chi class tonight -- something else I've never done.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Mern 05-08-2013 01:08 AM

Still trying, but not logging.

Kudos to all who are doing well and hugs to those who are struggling.