FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9507-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-april-28-onward-downward.html)

Robingen 04-30-2013 01:00 PM

Hi Hope nice to see ya!

April, that's great about the walk............even in the rain! Nice dedication (ok and the OCD helps lol).

Carolynnq I love the way you have reformulated your purpose here.

Well I went over my calories today.......1462. I sorta/accidentally/had 2 breakfasts (it's a long story). Anyway my calorie goals is 1200-1400 BUT I had a rockin exercise day. I swam (30 mins) walked (2km) went to TKD and will do yoga before I go to bed. My weight training and swimming goals are now met for the week......so question is will I slack off the rest of the week, hmm, could happen.

Robingen 04-30-2013 01:12 PM

Here's an interesting link about food that poses as "healthy".

Top 11 Health Foods That Can Kill You

canary52 04-30-2013 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 98521)
Here's an interesting link about food that poses as "healthy".

Top 11 Health Foods That Can Kill You

Very interesting. Thanks for posting!!! With so much "nutrition" info out there it's hard to know what's right but a lot of these make sense to me!!!

With all the exercise you did, it seems it would counteract the calories.

April, I like your determination!! 2 miles, despite heavy rain at times. Wow.

canary52 04-30-2013 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 98512)
epixi - Yes, good choice to not start phsyllium husk before your travels. Have a safe trip.

I need to remember that while I want to lose weight, my bigger goal is to eat a healthful diet to hopefully avoid diabetes (my mother and maternal grandmother both had it), and I am doing that.

1. 3 meals + 2-3 snacks (no extra snacking) Y
2. 2-3 min. exercise before meal prep, snacks. Y
3. An hour extra movement a day: N (35 min)
4. No sugar, white flour: Y
5. Small bites and put fork down between bites: mostly
6: Weight same or down: same

I like your priorities!!! You are so right about health and avoiding diabetes!!!

canary52 04-30-2013 10:20 PM

1) stop binge eating - yes
2) eat better for health (no sugar, lower carb) -yes
3) more fresh fruits and veg - salad, clementines, brussel sprouts (gotta go shop for more stuff)
4) more water - 8 glasses
5) streeeeeetch - yes

wildbeanerz 05-01-2013 12:50 AM

Goals for the week
1. Lots of water M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch (8 miles goal) M: 2-1/2miles, T: 2miles in the sprinkling rain!,
3. Supposed to be rainy so if I can't walk on lunch a day workout at night that night and deduct 2 miles from walking goal M: walked on lunch, T: walked on lunch,
4. Take Chloe for one walk before work M: No, T: No,[coor="green"]W: Yes - Done for the week![/color]
5. Planned foods except dinner M: yes except had an extra snack after dinner, T: Yes,

Life Goals
1. Stick with the honesty M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Keep the house clean for company this weekend M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. Don't fret about the prom. He will be fine. M: mostly, but I will feel better when his tux arrives, T: Still no tux :confused:

Yesterday was great. Got my walking done. Ate really well all day even including dinner and snack time. Gave in about 9:20 and called it quits for the day and went to sleep. I always give my hubby a nice back rub before bed (yes...I do mean a back rub people!) so when he was ready to sleep and for me to actually lay where I belong in bed instead of across the foot of the bed LOL I woke up for about a half hour then back to bed. That extra hour or so of sleep that I got was heaven. So...this morning I took Chloe for her walk. We were out for exactly 30 minutes somehow. I just mapped it and it was about 1-1/4 miles. Can't get it exactly because one of our roads isn't on the mapmyrun site.

Hope...Do you really have to ask if you are welcome? You know better than that girl. Where would we be without you? ... You give me more credit than I deserve. The rain that almost made me stop walking was just a little more than a sprinkle but I was concerned about my hair HAHA! It wasn't heavy rain by any means. LOL - FB stalking. Moms wrote the book on that!

Robin...That's a lot of activity for one day. I bet you are feeling that today! Good for you. Don't let that give you reason to slack the rest of the week. Just keep doing stuff and you will be further ahead in your goals when something does come up and you can't get to the exercise.

Epixi...Hope your travelling goes well for you. I like that you made goals specific to that time instead of throwing it all out the window.

episode2011 05-01-2013 01:18 AM

Woot woot, you're starting the week strong, Hope! Look at all that blue for yesterday!

Carolynn, I really like how you're putting it all in perspective. I know sometimes I get so laser-focused on the weight loss aspect of this all, I forget there's a bigger picture.

I'll chime in here with the word-of-the-day regarding your walking, April: determination!

Robin, funny you should mention 2 breakfasts -- I had the exact same thing happen one day last week. I totally forgot that I'd had breakfast until I went to log breakfast (after having eaten it) and saw I'd already logged a breakfast. Whoops! Perhaps we're part-hobbit? They have second-breakfast, don't they?

Thanks for sharing that link. Holy cow! Of the 11 items listed, our family definitely has 3 (energy bars, whole wheat, cereal) and maybe 4 (I'm not sure if Smart Balance butter is 100% butter). The good news is I think we have relatively healthy versions of all those and, in any event, we eat them in moderation. I'll definitely be looking more into it when I get home.

As for all your working out, you're fierce!!! I'm glad to hear your back is feeling better.

Goals, Monday and Tuesday
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes
  • At least 2500ml water per day: 2500, 2000
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550: 1546, 1356
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1400mg: 1188, 877
  • Maintain 7-day fiber rolling average of 15g: 14, 14
  • No red entries on this section: Monday, Tuesday
  • Study every day: yes, yes

Goals, Wednesday thru Sunday
  • Use self-discipline, don't go hog-wild (10=superdisciplined, 1=hog-wild -- be honest):
  • Make note of food (Fitday log to be completed upon return home):
  • At least 1000ml water per day:
  • No red entries on this section:
  • Study every day:
Thanks for all the good wishes about the trip, folks! Much appreciated! I'll be leaving this afternoon, so I probably won't have the opportunity to post any more until I get back. I'll be relying mostly on my phone and trying to post anything from a phone is just too painful :D. Doesn't mean I won't be lurking, though, so y'all be good! I'll be watching! :D

dmartz 05-01-2013 01:20 AM

Tues

• Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 20
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1195, 1198
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 60, 20
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 1, 0 (I don't count potatoes)
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 54, 31
  • Do something I've never done before (planned for Thurs.)

As usual, I start out the week great. I like to weigh myself Thursday mornings because I'm at the nadir of my cycle, (Monday night is the apex). The great news is that I'm staying within the weight range that I hope will stay 'normal' for me. If I didn't log and post, that wouldn't be happenin'.

wildbeanerz 05-01-2013 02:38 AM

Woohoo! One less thing to worry about. The tux has arrived at the flower shop. Now to pick it up and hope it all fits right because if not I have to let her know tomorrow so it can be picked up again on Friday aka Prom Day! Talk about last minute preparations.

Just so you all know. I am going to need xanax or something if either of them decide to get married.

Mern 05-01-2013 04:07 AM

Jumping in late but I know you all don't mind. I have to get back on track--surpassed 230 on the scale and I'm only 5 feet tall.

Easing into exercise because my back is bothering me, but I did do a mile of aerobic walking this morning and will do another mile after dinner.

I'm sticking to my goals that served me well in the past. I know what to do and how to do it--I just have to DO it.

Hugs to all.