Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting 4/15: Don't Give Up! >

7 Day Motivational starting 4/15: Don't Give Up!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 4/15: Don't Give Up!

Old 04-16-2013, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Monday Report

Monday:
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1110
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 146
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 45
Pad See Ew Chicken for lunch, w/one small soft spring roll, & a cup of pho, turkey, carrots for dinner, bread & butter ~pickles~ for desert! [No ice cream!] No bread or butter were eaten during the course of these meals, (however, animals were harmed.)

Mern: Glad you had a spectacular day. I good haircut goes a long way in the self-esteem department. I thought of you when I say the question AmyRose posted in another thread about eating too much protein. I believe you would be the excellent source to opine on that subject - Do you think one can eat too much protein?

Mike: Good to see you made your -3 goal. You're a shoo-in for another 3 this week.

Epi: I'd like to do rolling averages, but ~that~ is just too much work.

April, Tori: Glad to see you back!

Hope: No slouching!
Having said that, I should probably put 'watch your posture' on my goal list next week, but ... nah ... sounds too crotchety.

- Donna
Old 04-16-2013, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, my whole body ached yesterday. A little better today as it's just my neck but it makes it hard to do anything.
Goals will be simple this week
1. eat sensibly
2. drink 6 glasses of water
3. 4 servings veggies/fruit

All the water must be helping because I'm back down to the weight I was.

Jenn

Last edited by jjrudd; 04-16-2013 at 01:07 AM. Reason: to add a goal
Old 04-16-2013, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Hope, my whole body ached yesterday. [..]

Jenn
Jenn, Maybe you're like me, allergic to cleaning! Or maybe it's the flu? ...

- Donna
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday wasn't so great, I'm up .8 this morning.

Same goals again this week.

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8
Monday 3/25/13 - 184.0
Monday 4/01/13 - 186.0
Monday 4/08/13 - 183.4
Monday 4/15/13 - 180.2, Tues. 181

1) Lose 3 pounds +.8
2) 100+ ounces of water per day not sure (it was close)
3) post daily yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes
Old 04-16-2013, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Mornin' everyone!

Welcome back, Wildbeanerz! Wow, if those are your "baby steps" goals, I can't imagine what your full-bore goals are!

Donna, you're off to a great start! Gotta love the Thai food. There was a fab place I used frequent long ago, but I doubt it's even there now. I haven't had Thai in years. Oh, and Rolling Average really isn't difficult -- there is a report in the Reports section of Fitday that calculates it for you! Reports > Nutrition Facts. You can choose week, 2-week, 4-week, etc. Rolling Average helps me remember there is a big picture here. For me, trends are more telling than any individual day.

I hear you about saying "no", Cassie. It's tough!

Gentle, virtual (((hugs))) for you, Hope! What's Super Stretch?

Jenn, you set "eat sensibly" as a goal. I like! When you boil it all down, that's really what it's all about, isn't it? I hope your neck is feeling better today.

Hey, LiquidLizard, need a 4th for your round? I'll bring water bottles . I'm really itching to get back out there this year. Gotta clean those clubs off first, though. /runs off to find out how many calories are burned by cleaning golf clubs...

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 2000ml
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550 (day/7-day average): 1496/1415
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg (day/7-day average): 1426/882
  • No red entries on this report: all blue
  • Study every day: yes

Weight popped back up this morning. It was to be expected. Sunday's spaghetti-fest is catching up with me (but it was oh-so worth it, yum!). Still, it was nice to record such a big loss on my "official" day yesterday. It reminds me that results like that CAN happen and, as long as I stay the course, it WILL happen again (with any luck, sooner rather than later).

I'm going to try to make myself make soup tonight. I have all the ingredients, just don't feel like doing all the chopping/work. Lazy 'Pixi! But I have to do it before the vegetables go bad. I'd rather chop them than throw them out. That's just wasteful.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
Welcome back, Wildbeanerz! Wow, if those are your "baby steps" goals, I can't imagine what your full-bore goals are!
Thanks! ... I do go at it pretty strictly when I get back to it. These are mostly things that I do without really thinking about them anymore. I just really really need to be mindful of what I eat because when I let it slack, I stop losing weight. Then I start to let the exercise slack and I start to gain weight.

I see your goal is to lose 75 lbs. Nice work so far!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Here I am! I haven't forgotten to log in, just been super busy. I tried to post last night but kept getting gateway errors.....anyway. Will post a full update when I get home. Just keeping myself accountable.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

It was raining this morning so I made my nail appointment. Then when it was lunch time and I went to get my nails done it was sunny & 75* out there. Oh well, I will just have to step up the distance the rest of my days this week if I want to meet that 10 miles goal.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Having a productive and frustrating day simultaneously. Insurance companies are the devil (no offense, Mike; perhaps I should say medical insurance).

I'm getting ready to head over to the region semifinal for my son's team. It they win today, their state playoffs will be at home instead of 4-5 hours away...keep your fingers crossed!! Yes, I am a nervous mom today; it never seems to go away .

Food's been on plan, but no time to work out yet. I hope I still have the energy later...
Old 04-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Having a productive and frustrating day simultaneously. Insurance companies are the devil (no offense, Mike; perhaps I should say medical insurance).
I also do medical, not that often though. It is quickly becoming a nightmare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.