Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting 4/15: Don't Give Up! >

7 Day Motivational starting 4/15: Don't Give Up!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 4/15: Don't Give Up!

Old 04-19-2013, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Goals...
1. Water, lots of it M: yes, T: yes and then some!, W: Yep, Th: Yes,
2. Walk 10 miles this week M: 2miles, T: 0, W: 3miles , Th: 1mile,
3. Planned food except dinner (since I'm not the cook) M: yes, T: yes, W: Yes but dinner was BAD, Th: lunch out with hubby at Olive Garden,
4. Work out before work twice M: No, T: Yes, W: No, Th: Yes,
5. Work out after work twiceM: Yes, T: Yes, W: No, Th: walked Chloe,

Just a quick update because today will probably be a busy day at work but I promised myself not to miss a day.

Didn't work out last night but I did take the Chloe Beast for a half hour walk. I have to admit she is doing better. Maybe because we were alone and I didn't take Macie along. I was in a near sweat just in that approximate mile with her though and I can do three miles on lunch and not break a sweat so it was an effective mile.

Guess I better go for now. Rock on this weekend girls (and Mike!)
Old 04-19-2013, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

My goals:
1) new plan: 5 small meals or snacks (100-150 clas) plus dinner -yes no, ate too much yes, followed it, I think it's too few calories 800-900, not feeling well on that
2) 8 glasses water -no 6 or 7 8 or 9, 8 ?
3) stretch - YES SUPER STRETCH, yes, yes, yes
4) get out of slump - yes acupuncture and started writing a bit; met with writer friends, also studied Spanish, wrote, went to concert; went on field trip with book club to Valkill (Eleanor Rossevelt's cottage) must try to rest

Mike, I love Johnny's spirit and will keep him in my prayers.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

5'2"
44" - 46" 04/16/2013 - 45" 04/19/2013 Waist
225lbs - 221lbs 04/16/2013 - 219lbs 04/19/2013 Weight
Age 22

Calories - Under 1700 - No 2008 - No Major, Full English Breakfast and a KFC. - No 1909 - Yes 1399 - Yes 1549 - Yes 1500
Fruit & Veg - 3 or more - No 1 - No 1 - No 2 - Yes 3 - No 2 - No 2
Exercise - 30 mins a day - Yes 45 - No 10 - Yes 60 - Yes 30 - Yes 35 - Yes 30
Exercise - 10 sit-ups a day - No 3 - No 0 - Yes 15 - Yes 10 - Yes 12 - No, had a day out
Exercise - 12 minutes on the Ab Circle Pro - N/A - N/A - N/A - N/A - Yes - Yes
4 Glasses of Water - N/A - N/A - N/A - Yes 5 - Yes 4 - Yes 4
No Fizzy Pop - N/A - N/A - N/A - No 1/2 a bottle - Yes - Yes
No Tea - N/A - N/A - N/A - No 1 cup - Yes - No - 1

Hi Carolyn, I use 1 teabag per cup and then strain out all I can get, then add sugar, I was having 10 a day. So hard to stop this habit. I need my Iron and not my tea so I just thought I would stop drinking tea.

I think my body looks like ripped abs and good looking muscles, then I look in the mirror and all I want to do is eat, I don't get the feeling, surely seeing how big I am I should want to not eat rather than eat, any ideas?

Amy
Old 04-19-2013, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Amy - If I understand your last paragraph right, it sounds like you’re probably comfort eating. (I do that too as well as eat when bored.) Those are hard habits to break. When I want to eat and I’m not hungry, I try to do something like brush my teeth, go outside for a few minutes, run up and down the stairs, call someone I’ve been meaning to call....I’ve thought about posting a list in my kitchen - at the top would say “Do you really want to enter this in your food log?” - followed by a list of alternative behaviors. It’s good you cut out the tea because of all the sugar. Maybe you could try something like mint tea (unsweetened) to replace it. Let us know how your ab circle pro works out.

Hope - glad you’re out of your slump. My gosh, you’ve been busy!

April - Good job with the walking.

Donna - I drink mostly black tea too, mostly just regular old black tea, but also Earl Grey and English Breakfast Tea for treats. One of my DILs gives me four Earl Grey teas each Xmas. There are a lot out there - she hasn’t given a duplicate yet. I’m trying to drink more green tea. The caffeine in tea doesn’t affect me like the caffeine in coffee. I don’t feel an energy boost from tea like I do from coffee. One cup of coffee at 10 in the morning keeps me buzzing all day. I love coffee, but even with only one cup a day, I get a terrible caffeine withdrawal headache if I don’t keep drinking it.

I don't think I could give tea up easily. My MIL had this "game" - if you had 5 magic food trees, and you had to eat only from these trees for the rest of your life, what would they be? The food on these trees give you all the nutrients you need and you never gain weight. So, for example, if you had a chocolate ice cream tree, you could eat all you wanted, not gain weight, and get fully nourished from it. Anyway, one of my 5 trees would be a tea tree, with half the tree providing hot tea and the other half iced tea. (My other 4 trees are pizza, salad, steak, and vegetable soup.)
Old 04-19-2013, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tea

I drink "earl grey" flavored green tea. I find it flavorful enough - I don't add anything to it. I am not a tea person and I find reg green tea too "grassy" for my liking. This is how I am managing to get in my "1 green tea a day" goal.

I also find it surprisingly takes away cravings. If I really want a "dessert" after supper, by the time I'm done the tea the craving is gone. I don't know why this works for me but it does
Old 04-19-2013, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Went out and put in 2 miles walking on lunch today. Didn't meet my 10 miles goal but I did get 8 miles.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Carolynn, not only did I teach my husband to drive, I did it on a stick-shift. To me, that's a valuable skill. I wish I'd had a stick shift on which to teach my son. Maybe one day. Oh, and I love your MIL's story! Let's see, I think my trees would be: gum (I'm a gum fiend, but thankfully, I don't smack or pop), REAL coffee with REAL cream (no sugary coffee-drinks or half 'n half), steak (medium rare, thank you), bbq ribs and chicken (is it cheating if the chicken also provides eggs?). Is it ok if I plant a little pancake bush in the corner? Notice, not a fruit or vegetable in sight, hehe.

Mike, thank you for sharing John's video. Considering all he's been through, he's looking well. It had to be encouraging to see such a great turnout.

Donna, great job on the workouts! You've already exceeded your goal for the week and there's still more week to go!

Tori, hooray for a down scale!

Hope, you've been very busy! I'm so glad you're out and about!

Amyrose, you're ending the week on such a strong note! I hear you about the body image disconnect. The woman in my mirror looks a bit different from the me I imagine. When you get that non-hunger-inspired urge to eat, have you tried gum? Sugarless, of course. Maybe it could help satisfy that need to chew on something.

April, I'll echo what Carolynn said: Good job with the walking!

For all who mentioned tea, try as I might, I just cannot get into the stuff. I've tried all sorts, too. Ice tea is ok, but hot tea? No way. For some reason, my mind always associates tea with illness. It just seems like sad, watered-down coffee.

If I missed anyone, it wasn't intentional. Anyway, as for me:

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 2000ml, yes, 2500ml, 2500+ml
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550 (day/7-day average): 1496/1415, 1350/1422, 1560/1532, 1235/1458
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg (day/7-day average): 1426/882, 1900/938, 865/993, 648/1026
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes

Well, the calories are back in line (whew) but I still need to keep watch on the sodium. If I'm "good" today and tomorrow, I should be ok.

I've been posting goals and results for the last couple of weeks and it has been REALLY helpful. It's helping me focus on how I want to manage this food/weight issue. It's keeping it all fresh and exciting, not so routine and humdrum. Thank you all for your comments and support, not just to me but most especially to one another. We're all in this together!

((Gather round, folks, I feel a grouphug coming on)) Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

What is the best way to keep from snacking at night..haha when the power goes out and there is nothing to do but go to bed! Fortunately my logging was all done.

Epixi you are doing great! Already a big loss. You're right logging and posting helps a lot.

Well I have to share some good news. I have not been "clothes shopping" for months. No special reason, I am really not a shopper. But went to pick up some jeans for my husband last night and tried on some women's jeans that were on sale. The 12 was too big and I bought a 10. I have never in my adult life worn size 10. I guess it was more than my imagination that my clothes were too big (I mostly wear stretchy work pants or sweats).

My weight loss has been really slow lately even though I am sticking to my goals. (6k walk so far this week). I have decided that I need to get back into the weight training that I have stayed away from all winter for health reasons.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, that's fantastic news, especially since you weren't particularly anticipating it! That had to be such a rush! I bet you floated all the way to the cash register . Regarding my 3.5lb loss last week, it was luck of the draw. I weigh daily, so I'm used to the daily up-down-up-down fluctuation. Last Monday I caught it on the down (Tuesday it bounced back up). We'll see what happens this coming Monday .

Hey, where's everyone else? So quiet in here this morning!

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 2000ml, yes, 2500ml, 2500+ml, 2500ml
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550 (day/7-day average): 1496/1415, 1350/1422, 1560/1532, 1235/1458, 1496/1446
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg (day/7-day average): 1426/882, 1900/938, 865/993, 648/1026, 923/1027
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Should be an interesting day. I may be at a conference at a hotel most of the afternoon, meaning hotel food over which I have no control. What I can control is the choices I make among the food that's offered. A test of the self-discipline. I can do it!

Happy Saturday!
Old 04-20-2013, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Friday

Friday
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 20, 60, 25, 0
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1110, 1468, 1432, 1648, 1926
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 146, 144, 189, 48, 197
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 3, 3, 0, 1, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 45, 65, 87, 43, 94
Lot's of good stuff yesterday. And If it wasn't for the wine and chocolates I would have been under 1600 calories.

Robin, I can think of something to do when the power goes out on a Friday night. Exercise! (wink, wink )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.