Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 4/15: Don't Give Up!

Old 04-17-2013, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Our experience with the license was that we called our insurance and added him to the policy with the learner's, but he was not a "rated" driver (had to pay premium) until he actually got his license. Good luck...I hope you enjoy that process with your son. Our driver's manual said to look at it as a bonding experience .
We are bonding. Haha! His dad went along the first time and sat up front with him. That was the most stressful ride of my life! I took him alone the next day and he did much better. I asked him why and he said because his dad freaks out about everything. LOL! I thought I would be the one doing that part.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

1-log EVERYTHING, including on the weekends--M: yes Tu: no (but almost)
2-preplan most meals. Especially breakfast and lunch--M: yes Tu: no
3-walk 3 times for a minimum of 30 minutes each--M: no Tu: no
4-post updates daily--M: yes Tu: yes
5-drink more water--M: yes Tu: no

So far it's a mixed bag. I'm down right at a pound for the week, so that's good. I just gotta maintain it.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

My goals:
1) new plan: 5 small meals or snacks (100-150 clas) plus dinner -yes no, ate too much
2) 8 glasses water -no 6 or 7 8 or 9
3) stretch - YES SUPER STRETCH, yes
4) get out of slump - yes acupuncture and started writing a bit; met with writer friends, also studied Spanish
Old 04-17-2013, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

AmyRose - good going yesterday! Why no tea? Just wondering as I drink a lot of tea.

April - I think when you add your child to your insurance is specific to your insurance company - at least in California. Some companies automatically covered a child with a permit; with others, you had to add them before they could drive with a permit. We had to add our kids when they had permits. When I squawked about it to our insurance company, I remember there was some upside to it - maybe that they reached milestones (like having a year's driving experience) sooner.

1. Calories under 1300: 1020, 978
2. An hour extra movement a day: Y, Y,
3. No sugar, white flour: Y,Y
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.- still not a habit - sometimes I start a meal doing this, and then by the end am shoveling it in - not because I’m hungry - just because I’m eating mindlessly
Old 04-17-2013, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz

Mike.... Do I need to add my 16yr old son to my car insurance now that he has a driver's permit or is that a state specific law that I should call and ask my agent? I don't really want to pay extra for him if I don't have to yet. LOL
All the States that I'm licensed in would say no. It may be State specific, I'm not sure. Usually once they get their actual License, they have to be insured but I'd call your agent to verify.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday I was kinda bad but the scale was down.

Same goals again this week.

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8
Monday 3/25/13 - 184.0
Monday 4/01/13 - 186.0
Monday 4/08/13 - 183.4
Monday 4/15/13 - 180.2, Tues. 181

1) Lose 3 pounds -.2
2) 100+ ounces of water per day not sure (it was close), no
3) post daily yes, yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes, yes
Old 04-17-2013, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Good days for me. My goal was not to fill spaces with work and so I actually watched tv for an hour yesterday (I never do this especially Tuesday) so I am very happy with that.

Also making out well with homemade lunches and suppers although tonight will be a take out night but I have a decently healthy plan for that.

I have a break right now and am going for a walk.

As far as the cool down I always read that it helps with potential soreness.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Quick update on the Goals...
1. Water, lots of it M: yes, T: yes and then some!,
2. Walk 10 miles this week M: 2miles, T: 0, W: 3miles ,
3. Planned food except dinner (since I'm not the cook) M: yes, T: yes,
4. Work out before work twice M: No, T: Yes, W: No,
5. Work out after work twiceM: Yes, T: Yes,

Just a quick update. I went for my walk on lunch and I went 3, yep that's right ... THREE!! miles today. I normally am pushing it to do 2-1/2. But today I had it in me to go even further if time would have allowed. I had 5 minutes left in my hour long lunch and went a full three miles. Here is a pic of a portion of my walking route. It's hard to get a pic of how steep it really is but I turn around when I get clear to the topmost part of the road that you can see because it drops off the other side and keeps going away from work. Trees are still in winter mode but this route just gets prettier as the summer goes along.

Oh and thanks for all the advice on the learner's permit. I will have to call my agent and make sure. I don't want something to happen and us to not be covered.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

My goals for this week are to eat more variety of vegetables, and less carbs.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Does walking around Ikea - 2 times - count as exercise? We were there for two hours. My daughter wanted some things for her house, so I went with her (I think she wanted someone to help carry and load stuff). I hate the way it's laid out in a maze-like flow, where you can't get from one department to another, you just have to stay on the path. I'm tired. Not physically, but mentally. I'm not good at shopping if it goes past a half hour. I think I'll go out in the garden for a while.

Tori - congrats on the 1 lb loss!

April - 3 miles! That's great - both the distance you walked and that your endurance has increased.

Robin - good for you for taking some time to relax.

chi.kitty - good goals!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.