Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to) >

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Old 04-10-2013, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

I am pretty new to this site. Although I signed up in 2008, I didn't start using it until last Thursday (4/4/2013). That was a big mistake as I gained even more weight. I am one of those people who used to be able to eat anything and not gain weight but I was actually a really healthy eater so all of the fruit and vegetables wasn't a problem. My husband, on the other hand, has always been a meat and potatoes with nightly dessert kind of a guy. He never misses an opportunity to buy onion dip and chips and multiple yummy Entemann products when out to the grocery store.

Anyway, we have agreed to a separation of eating habits and I am back to my old eating style. I am also exercising and recording EVERYTHING, including my vitamins!!!! I have lost 8.8 pounds in my first week. I know this is due to water weight loss (which is funny as I drown in the amount of water I drink) but I am still very proud of myself and very motivated.

Wish me luck as I do for you.

Height: 5' 5"
Start weight: 4/4/2013 211.8 lb. [NEVER thought I would weight this much)]
Today: 4/10/2013 203 lb.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard, Piwacket! I'm fairly new (again), too. I'm glad you found this thread. Folks here are really warm and supportive.

Nearly 9 pounds in a week, woot woot! You're off to a great start!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Talking New to this....

Hi, I am new here and found fitday and this forum while looking for good on line support and motivation. And this looks like the place.

I love the friendly comments and support and hope to become part of this little family.

I have stolen some great goals from the posts. I have started a "phat" book for myself. Its all the little notes and tips that I think will help me the most. And several of your goals are now part of my "phat" book.

My goals....

Log everything.
small bites and put the fork down in between.
get better about taking my vitamins.
Work on leg exercises every day. (problem leg...boo hiss hiss)
Exercise at least 15 minutes every day
Try to stay under 1200 calories
Continue to research and make my list of foods for me.
Drink, drink, drink, drink.... 48 oz a day..

And I think that will get me on track.

If I can do anything to help anyone out, say the word. If you just need to talk, [email protected].

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm not hungry today
What about you?

(I know...I know... not a very good poem but definitely to the point.)
Old 04-10-2013, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, so I am suppose to list goals and share my secrets for success. As I am only a week into this diet, I cannot guarantee the "success" but I know that I maintained my weight until I was 45yrs. That was two years after my second child. I had my first child at 40yrs. Late childbirth probably added to my weight gain. Anyway, before I started to gain weight, I use to aerobic exercise 5 days a week for around 40 to 60 minutes. I would give myself a pass if I played golf mostly because I was carrying my own bag for 18 holes so that's a pretty darn good effort, especially as your are walking up and down hills to the tune of 7200+ yards. I mostly exercised in the evening. My first child was a 2 nap a day kiddo so I had plenty of time to keep up the exercise. My second child stopped napping at 10 months; what a nightmare! I also was a big fruit and veggie eater and my meat choices were almost exclusively chicken and fish or edaname in a salad. I rarely ate bread, pasta, potatoes or rice. It was conscious but rather my food preferences. My sin was salt, as in nuts and sometimes chips. I didn't keep junk food in the house. If I wanted something junky, I would go out and order an appetizer like crab dip. And I almost exclusively drank water. My dad was a dentist so I never developed a taste for sodas and I am a total light weight when it comes to alcohol. I weighted 112 -119 lb. forever!

So, my goals have been to go back to my old eating habits. I have been working out 6 days a week but I am using a nordic track step climber. I do 15 minutes on the climber 3 days a week and then I lock the tread down and walk at a varied pace for another 30 to 45 minutes. I fluctuate the pace from a quick pace to a very fast walk for 5 minutes, then down to the quick pace and then back up for 5 minutes as fast as I can go on this equipment. As I lose more weight, I will try to run outside but I need to work up to that and I don't thin my knees can take it outside at my current weight. I can go harder on the Nordic Track.

I would like to loss 5 pounds a week. I am not sure how much I should try to lose. I think 112 lb. might be a little skeletal for my 58 years old bones but I think 115 to 120 would be good. That's a long way to go for me so I will play it by ear. I definitely want to get below 130 though.

Writing this down is like signing a personal contract with myself. I submit and it's in writing so there's no turning back.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to all the newbies here! Glad to have you, the more support the better.

My reading and posting has been poor, my planning has been poor, and I have had too many incidents of hunger this week (not cravings) all as a result of being too busy (mostly work). In a related vein I have only walked one day so far. But I am still on the wagon and still logging!

Having a few site problems this week also, to time (patience) to re-try. Does this mean we have more people
Old 04-10-2013, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Mechelle & piwaket.

Mechelle - good goals! I find that I can work towards accomplishing daily specific goals. A general goal of losing X number of pounds was too amorphous, and I never got going. I enjoy reading the posts here about what everyone's doing food and exercise wise - as you said, it's a great source of ideas - and inspiration.

Piwaket - I have so many similarities to you. Up until I was 35 (after my 3rd child), I could eat pretty much whatever I wanted and not gain weight. My husband is also a meat & potatoes guy. And he has a kitchen counter full of chips, cookies, candy, etc. I couldn't manage losing 5# a week. The only time I've done that has been when I'm on vacation and can spend hours walking, swimming, cycling, etc. If you can do it, that's great - but don't get discouraged if you don't. Concentrate on making exercise a routine part of your day and making your old healthful eating patterns a new habit. Consider yourself successful if you do those things even if your weekly weight loss goal might fall short. I'm not sure of my final goal either - it will be when I'm happy with my body shape.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Just a quick little check in. The scale will not be kind to me tomorrow. Our middle daughter wanted Chinese food so I took her out for Chinese and I had some myself. So I'll blame her for my gain. Either way, I'll post up my numbers tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

1) 1300 calories or less except on group dinner/movie night Saturday- 1241, 1018, 1299 lol
2) 6 glasses of water, count them -7,7,7
3) do not slack on the stretching -yes, did some (ie slacked), no
4) walk or mild gym... was not well enough, I know, excuses, excuses, not well, not well
5)... but do not overdo - see above
6) meditate -no, no, no
7) read a poem a day (April is National Poetry month AND my birthday month.) yes, yes, yes
8) lose between a pound or two this week and do not find it again!!! not yet
9) practice Spanish - si, mucho no, no
Old 04-11-2013, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I felt the same way about Zumba! Everyone loves it, but it just wasn't for me. I kept wanting to pick my feet up too much instead of shakin' the hips and booty .

What's that saying? Find out what you don't do well, and don't do it.

Hope you find something you love!
Cassie, I love this saying; this may be my new motto. Kali, sorry about your bad jazzerice experience but you made me laugh - soooooo relatable.

Last edited by canary52; 04-11-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Piwacket and Mechelle!!! You guys sound determined and that is a beautiful thing!!! Piwaket, congrats onthe weight loss!!! Will someone give Piwacket a dancing banana? (you will see these here.) Mechelle, you are not "stealing" our goals, you are paying tribute to how good they are lol.

Mike, do not blame the chirruns!!! Did that child force you to eat that food?

Last edited by canary52; 04-11-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.