Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to) >

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Old 04-09-2013, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by whyme7
I am 5 weeks ago from vaca and my goal is in sight! If I continue with the momentum I'll meet it!

This weeks goals:

1) Continue with good log and 1,400 calories a day
2) Add in 30 minutes of exercise every day (walking now that the weather is nice)
welcome back. You sound a lot like me, staring at a vaca a month away. Congrats on your big loss in such a short time.

Originally Posted by carolynnq
I finally broke through my 155 plateau. What I’m most happy about, though, is not gorging on some Trader Joe almond croissants. Each one was 360 calories!!!! I ate a third of one (so I failed on no sugar & white flour yesterday). But I’m so pleased with myself that I was able to stop with that one piece (the FitDay food log was in my mind).

1. Calories under 1400
2. An hour extra movement a day
3. No sugar, white flour
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.-Working on it and I'm remembering to do it more often.
Congrats on busting through the plateau. #4 seems like a difficult goal to me.

Originally Posted by kali87

2 weeks and 8lbs down. Lots to go….One thing I hate is the weight range of “Obese”. The little calculator says I need to be between 120-160lbs for my height and age…..I honestly honestly don’t know if I even have 100 extra lbs on me :S. The lightest ive been as an adult is 190, and I was pretty comfortable there. So Im aiming for 190 to start.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Thanks for letting me copy and paste before the delete!!
Congrats!!! You're welcome, it was no problem.

Originally Posted by Robingen

Goals:
1. Take time to myself
2. Walk >10k
3. Drink green tea
4. Bring lunches to work
5. No take out.
6. Keep cals 1200-1400
I bet you're going to kill the walking again today. I bet you can do 15k!

Originally Posted by liquidlizard

Goals:

2000-2500 calories per day
Cholesterol under 250 mg per day
Lift weights 3 days
Walk or Elliptical 2 days
Take veggies to work everyday as part of my lunch.
Lose at least 2lbs
Great loss already!

Originally Posted by Mern
I know I can do this.
I know you can too! You got this Mern!!!

Mike - the pounds are falling right off of you.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by dmartz
  • Calories Avg. 1400 /day: 936
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 100
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 55
These goals seem to be working. Start the week low, end with a bang.

- Donna
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Originally Posted by episode2011
Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions: yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: yes
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550 (day/7-day average): 1466/1566
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg (day/7-day average): 1172/1245
  • Study every day: yes
As always, Mike, you're chugging right along.
Thank you. Youre off to another strong start.

Originally Posted by kali87
My goals for the week:

1) Clear / "Good" Liquids - 3L a day. Monday
2) Cut out dairy - only greek yogurt and milk in tea – NO CHEESE!!! -
Monday
3) Running a week without added sugar. No sugar in drinks, no sugary sweets, no sugary deserts. Monday
4) Try at least 3 new recipes this week Eeeh....not yet...need groceries haha
5) Try some form of new exercise
Great job so far.

1. Calories under 1300: 1178
2. An hour extra movement a day Y
3. No sugar, white flour N (I had a 25-calorie gumball - it wasn't worth it!)
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.-Working on it and I'm remembering to do it more often.
gumballs are never worth it.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mern and Cassie, so glad to see you guys back. You're like family (the good kind), FD family. Mern, don't worry if you slip, just as long as you come back and don't give up!!! Cassie, I hate when the website acts sucky but you're doing great.

Donna, I love the poem. An engineer and a poet!!! Why not?

Mike, you are rocking and rolling. You and GF are gonna back in top shape for your vaca.

I am eating like crazy today: I think because I am tired. But after going a bit crazy, I came here and logged (840+ by 3 pm) I can still cut my gains (instead of cut my losses, get it?) I am so tired. I think that's why I'm eating so much. I am eating my fatigue.

Last edited by canary52; 04-09-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

1) 1300 calories or less except on group dinner/movie night Saturday- 1241
2) 6 glasses of water, count them -7
3) do not slack on the stretching -yes
4) walk or mild gym... was not well enough, I know, excuses, excuses
5)... but do not overdo - see above
6) meditate -no
7) read a poem a day (April is National Poetry month AND my birthday month.) yes
8) lose between a pound or two this week and do not find it again!!! not yet
9) practice Spanish - si, mucho
Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Everyone, thanks to all of you who posted personal messages of encouragement to me. I DO need to concentrate on TODAY. beating oneself up over the past does no good. I'm doing baby steps, but I'm doing it. I won't give up.

I haven't had time to catch up on the posts. I haven't logged my food, either, but I know from experience I'm OK on my carbs, sat fat, and cholesterol; not so sure if I got enough protein or fiber, though. I was right about dreading getting on the scale. I predicted I'm back up to about 230 and when I weighed a couple days ago I was 228.5. But I CAN say, my highest weight ever was 246, so I HAVEN'T gained ALL of it back.

Kudos to all of you who are doing well and huge hugs of encouragement to those who are not. WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I too have gained back some of the weight I lost.
A good day foodwise. We did stop at "the place that shall remain nameless" but I only had coffee. I had homemade squash soup for lunch (one veg!) and stew for dinner with broccoli so I got 4 veggies in--read em 4!!! I'll probably have a piece of fruit later or watermelon. I'll need to log it later to see what my carbs were.
I think I'll probably only be at 5 glasses of water.

Hoping I can turn this around!
Jenn
Old 04-09-2013, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

Mike - Ha! #4 (eating small bites & putting fork down between bites) is hardest. It seems like it should be easiest as it doesn't involve any deprivation, but it's really hard to remember to do it. Maybe I could invent a fork that delivers an electric shock if held for longer than 10 seconds. When I concentrate on the taste of the food, I've found that I get just as much flavor from a small bite as from a large one for pretty much everything. So taking small bites is a way to extend eating pleasure (if it's something good). But I've eaten quickly for so many years, it's a hard habit to break.

Jenn - way to go on the vegetables.

Hope - *** I am eating my fatigue.**** That sentence really resonated with me. I think that's what I did - I'm going to think about that for a bit.

Mern - yes, you CAN do it!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Hope - *** I am eating my fatigue.**** That sentence really resonated with me. I think that's what I did - I'm going to think about that for a bit.
And me as well. I know it's not the same kind of fatigue as Hope's, and major props to her for coping with that, but just goes to show how everything ties together. Thanks for putting that excellent point out there, Hope.

Jenn, congrats on the veggies

Mern, hugs to you...glad to "see" you and you are right; we can do it!

carolynnq, I always remember gumballs and being disappointing . So pretty, yet so....ick.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Carolynn, the putting down the fork and eating more slowly resonated with me so we learn and get support from each other.

Glad it reached you too, Cassie,and thanks for acknowledging my situation. But we all face challenges and fatigue, especially in our fast paced world, is one of em and I do believe it causes us to overeat.

What is that expression re: overeating? So not get too HALT: Hungry, angry, lonley tired. All this touches me, especially hungry, if I wait too long to eat, I eat much more. And tired.

Speaking of which, g'nite all.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Hope, shouldn't that be "g'nite Y'ALL"? Sheesh, yanks... I swear.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

1. Calories below 1300. 1247, 1125
2. Move more...up the exercise. Hit the weights for a little bit tonight, Yes-C25K
3. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
4. Sleep enough. Yes, Yes
5. Stay on top of work; don't get behind. So far, so good, Yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.