Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to) >

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Old 04-08-2013, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back again. Despite your kind welcome backs and encouragement, I lasted only one day last week.

I'm going to try again to get back on the wagon. Did well so far today.

I know I can do this.

Welcome to all our new members.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

I am back, too. I had trouble with the site at one point and then trouble with our internet connection over the weekend. I wasn't able to log reliably but I think I made good choices (a couple slips) and at least tried to compensate when I slipped up. I also had two five-mile hikes (one very challenging) and a treadmill run on an off day.

Keeping goals pretty much the same:

1. Calories below 1300.
2. Move more...up the exercise.
3. Take vitamins and supplements.
4. Sleep enough.
5. Stay on top of work; don't get behind.

...and the perpetual three things I've constantly put off:

6. Email coach.
7. Call plumber.
8. Update Linked In profile.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Mern and Cassie! Missed you guys.

Kali. loved the idea on the ready made frozen smoothies. I am definitely going to try it, maybe this weekend. I had mixed green, banana, pineapple and mixed berries in my smoothie today. Looked like baby poo and tasted like berries

I blew my cal limit today and not sure why. 1748. And I am still hungry. I am thinking that it might be because I had spaghetti for supper?! I'm not a big pasta eater and seemed like a small and not very filling meal for the cal count.

So today's deficit is very small - just over 100. Thank goodness I walked 2k today.

I am gonna go do yoga and go to bed before I eat any things else.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

Mike - the pounds are falling right off of you.

Robin - that's cool that you teach yoga. ***I am gonna go do yoga and go to bed before I eat any things else. *** LOL. That's what I do too when the late night cravings get too strong -- the going to bed part.

Cassie - good to see you back. Glad you were able to get some hikes in.

Mern - glad to see you back too. Many times I've thought about how losing weight (at least for me) is very much like Alcoholics Anonymous or any 12-step program where you concentrate on today. If I look at the past, I beat myself up, and if I think too far ahead, losing the pounds seems impossible. But for today, it's a realistic goal to stay under 1300 calories, avoid sugar & white flour. So, just keep plugging away, one day at a time.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Checking in:

1. Calories below 1300. 1247
2. Move more...up the exercise. Hit the weights for a little bit tonight
3. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes
4. Sleep enough. Yes
5. Stay on top of work; don't get behind. So far, so good

...and the perpetual three things I've constantly put off:

6. Email coach.
7. Call plumber.
8. Update Linked In profile.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

• Calories Avg. 1400 /day: 936
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 100
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 55
These goals seem to be working. Start the week low, end with a bang.

Hope: Again with the poetry? Is this going to go on all month? Oh, the pressure ~ ! (Wipes brow with the back of hand, eyes raised.)

Epix: I'm good with the 7 day averages, just not the rolling part. My pattern is too predictable.

Jenn: May I suggest 'vegetables and fruit' instead. I can eat fruits all day, so I don't have that as a goal. If I did, I'd never get enough veggies. And if I wasn't so OCD I'd have a higher vegetable count by including things like olives and avocados. And I'm with you on 'no muffins,' to which I might add, no crackers! Cracker are deceptively sneaky when it comes to calories even if they are whole grain.

-- ~ --

What is this? A poem, a song, a
paean?
to what?
I'm an engineer, not a writer... How
could it be I,
what?
write? A poem?
It's got no rhyme,
no reason,
maybe it's a PoMo poem?

- Donna

Last edited by dmartz; 04-09-2013 at 12:40 AM. Reason: I'm thnking tomorrow's may be 'Recipe for a poem'
Old 04-09-2013, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions: yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: yes
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550 (day/7-day average): 1466/1566
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg (day/7-day average): 1172/1245
  • Study every day: yes

Mern, I'm so glad you're back. Yay! You, too, Cassie!

Kali, you're very creative with the vegetables. Nice job!

As always, Mike, you're chugging right along.

Carolyn and Jenn, I agree with you regarding the varying denseness of bodies because I have a dense one. I weigh more than what I look like (I think). I also look younger than I am, so I've been told. Or maybe I'm just fooling myself -- wouldn't be the first time .

Donna, the week is one day old and you've already done nearly 50% of your workout goal! Well done!

Robin and Carolyn, my answer to the late-night cravings is to brush my teeth. I hate to ruin that oh-so-minty freshness with more food . It doesn't always work, though.

Looks like we're all off to a good start for the week, folks! Let's keep it going!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

My goals for the week:

1) Clear / "Good" Liquids - 3L a day. Monday
2) Cut out dairy - only greek yogurt and milk in tea – NO CHEESE!!! -
Monday
3) Running a week without added sugar. No sugar in drinks, no sugary sweets, no sugary deserts. Monday
4) Try at least 3 new recipes this week Eeeh....not yet...need groceries haha
5) Try some form of new exercise

My mother in law brought us back some treats from her visit to Africa! I can say Ostrich jerky is actually pretty tasty haha. I also (unfortunately) have some white chocolate stashed in my desk now too. But I still have christmas chocolate in there so hopefully I can resist temptation of white chocolate jelly tots!!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kali - ostrich jerky! Sounds yummy. I just made myself a cup of tea and chose an Earl Grey from Africa to go along with your jerky.

Donna - liked your poem/non-poem.

Epi - I use the "brush your teeth" trick too. My teeth have never been so clean!

Where is everybody? I had trouble logging in this morning - maybe other people are having trouble too. My usual trick of logging out and then logging in again, resulted in an error message when I would try to log out.

1. Calories under 1300: 1178
2. An hour extra movement a day Y
3. No sugar, white flour N (I had a 25-calorie gumball - it wasn't worth it!)
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.-Working on it and I'm remembering to do it more often.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

I weighed in this morning at 181.2. I can't seem to shake the PB&J sammiches but the weight is still coming off. It's not coming off as fast as it was a few weeks ago, but then my diet was CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN.

So I'm down 16.2 pounds, in about a month. Most of it was in the first two weeks. Progress is slowing but it's there. I don't know if I'll hit my goal of 170, by my birthday (May 9th), I think the last 11 pounds will require me to give up my PB&J sammiches (or cheat days).

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8
Monday 3/25/13 - 184.0
Monday 4/01/13 - 186.0
Monday 4/08/13 - 183.4

1) Lose 3 pounds -2.2
2) 100+ ounces of water per day yes
3) post daily yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.