Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to) >

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Old 04-08-2013, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8
Monday 3/25/13 - 184.0
Monday 4/01/13 - 186.0
Monday 4/08/13 - 183.4

1) Lose 3 pounds
2) 100+ ounces of water per day
3) post daily
4) take all vitamins daily
Old 04-08-2013, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

KAPAWO! Trying to be productive kinda ....over produced lol

Here is what I posted in the other one:

So.....back at my desk...and back online I go!!!

My goals for the week:

1) Clear / "Good" Liquids - 3L a day.
2) Cut out dairy - only greek yogurt and milk in tea – NO CHEESE!!! -
3) Running a week without added sugar. No sugar in drinks, no sugary sweets, no sugary deserts.
4) Try at least 3 new recipes this week
5) Try some form of new exercise

2 weeks and 8lbs down. Lots to go….One thing I hate is the weight range of “Obese”. The little calculator says I need to be between 120-160lbs for my height and age…..I honestly honestly don’t know if I even have 100 extra lbs on me :S. The lightest ive been as an adult is 190, and I was pretty comfortable there. So Im aiming for 190 to start.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Thanks for letting me copy and paste before the delete!!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Wow Kali, ambitious goals! I found an online calculator for BMI and weight that included what would be a healthy range. I think some of them calculate a little low. Everybody (and BODY) is different.

Had salad for lunch so had lots of veggies AND cleaned my flithy kitchen. YAY!!

Jenn
Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Yes Kali, I agree that you need to go with what feels right to you. Those BMI's are just guidelines and I agree with Jenn, every "body" is different.

Speaking of Jenn- nice job with the veggies and the cleaning. I am using salads and green smoothies mostly to get my vegetables in, it's not always easy.

Goals:
1. Take time to myself
2. Walk >10k
3. Drink green tea
4. Bring lunches to work
5. No take out.
6. Keep cals 1200-1400
Old 04-08-2013, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

I cant wait for gardening season! All this talk of salad and veggies makes me hungry haha.

Unfortunately the 2" of snow outside currently....dictates a bit of a wait haha.

Great results everyone! I definately see a few things I can pull across into my goals for next week haha.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn - good job on the veggies.

I think some people are just more "solid" than others. When my son was younger, he and one of his friends were about the same height and both had average builds. But Davey was always a lot heavier. I always wondered if he had bigger and/or denser bones.

I watched a BBC show on YouTube - My Big Fat Diet. The host and 6 other women were trying to lose a dress size in 2 weeks, eating 1200 cals a day. They had created a “grocery store” in which everything was packaged in 100-calorie packs. The women “shopped” for each day’s food. It was really interesting to see the food (and drink) laid out like that. They let the public in to look - what people seemed most surprised at was the (small) amount of pasta that was in a 100-calorie bag. I think it would be cool to shop like that - go in and choose 3 packs for breakfast, 3 for lunch, 4 for dinner, and 2 snacks.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Jenn - good job on the veggies.

I think some people are just more "solid" than others. When my son was younger, he and one of his friends were about the same height and both had average builds. But Davey was always a lot heavier. I always wondered if he had bigger and/or denser bones.

I watched a BBC show on YouTube - My Big Fat Diet. The host and 6 other women were trying to lose a dress size in 2 weeks, eating 1200 cals a day. They had created a “grocery store” in which everything was packaged in 100-calorie packs. The women “shopped” for each day’s food. It was really interesting to see the food (and drink) laid out like that. They let the public in to look - what people seemed most surprised at was the (small) amount of pasta that was in a 100-calorie bag. I think it would be cool to shop like that - go in and choose 3 packs for breakfast, 3 for lunch, 4 for dinner, and 2 snacks.
I like this idea too. It seems fun. This also seems liek a good breakdown for 1200 calories, which add up quickly - for me anyway!!

I do think some people have denser bones or just are built differently.

Really nice breakfast, Jenn!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Ill throw this up here too if there is anyone struggling with the "green" intake I love love love these:

Coconut Green Smoothie Cups
2 cups coconut water
1/3 cup almonds
2 cups spinach
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/4 cup fresh mint
1/2 orange
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
2 cups frozen mango cubes

Place the ingredients in the order listed in a blender container and whirl until smooth. Divide mixture among 12 muffin cups and freeze until solid. When ready for a refreshing drink, place 1 cup coconut water or regular water in a blender followed by two of the green cups and whirl. If you don’t have a powerful blender, you might need to cut the frozen smoothie cups into quarters first.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Kali thank you for the green smoothie cups those sound awesome and really convenient.

Goals:

2000-2500 calories per day
Cholesterol under 250 mg per day
Lift weights 3 days
Walk or Elliptical 2 days
Take veggies to work everyday as part of my lunch.
Lose at least 2lbs
Old 04-08-2013, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Nice weight loss, LiquidLizard.

Kali - those green smoothies sound good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.