Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!!  Let's Get April Started Right!! >

7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!! Let's Get April Started Right!!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!! Let's Get April Started Right!!

Old 04-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome back Sissy! Nice set of goals you have there.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Well, haven't posted much this week. No real reason, things are well. Did a 5k walk today, it was finally (kinda) nice out, brutally cold earlier this week. I have 11k in so far this week but the rest of the walkers seem to have vanished!

Mary I hear your pain about the plateau. I think they just need to run their course. There are all kinds of theories (e.g, calorie shock your body) but I think you just need to stay strong and hold the course. If you are already doing something that worked for you so far.

Kali, good luck with the dogs. That's horrible what happened.

Krystal, hello, seems you are rocking this new lifestyle, good for you!

Hope, there is an Province of NB billboard at Times Square, a tourist ad for the Bay of Fundy. If you see it let me know how it looks. And my back is doing well thanks. I am taking very good care of it and it seems to be healing. I don't have much pain now. The knee pillow is really working. Yes I have had acupucture before for about a year for migraines. It worked great and I really don't get them anymore.

For the writers, I've been loving the poems (and Mike yours came with photo), very entertaining. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes (Friday: even though it wasn't pretty)
  • At least 1500ml water per day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
  • Maintain 4-week 1500-1600 calorie average: 1603, 1592, 1589, 1559, 1595(Friday: Uh oh, creeping up...)
  • Maintain 4-week 1500mg (or less) sodium average: 1324, 1317, 1355, 1310, 1285
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Logging *everything*, even the uglies, is actually the easiest of my weight-loss goals. If this is going to work, I have to be brutally honest about reporting. After all, who am I fooling by not reporting? Yesterday is a good example. A few little noshes and BAM, calories ended up over ideal for the day. That's pushing my 4-week average too close to the danger zone. Got to reign it in now.

Last edited by episode2011; 04-06-2013 at 01:42 AM. Reason: edited to fix formatting
Old 04-06-2013, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Robin.

Epixi, glad to see you posting. Where are all the other weekend warriors?

I'll be in class all day but I'll post up later.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Sissy! Good for you for jumping back in. Injuries can really sidetrack us - especially when you lose mobility.

epixi - I now say e-pixie in my head for your name, and envision you as a slender, lithe electronic pixie.

I feel like I've finally pushed through the 155 plateau I was at, but I'm holding off until Monday to weigh in (in case I need a couple of extra days to get there).

1. Calories under 1200 (I've lowered it this week) 987, 1253, 962, 1060, 982
2. An hour extra movement a day Y, Y, N, Y, Y
3. No sugar, white flour Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.-Working on it and I'm remembering to do it more often.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks ev1 for the welcome. My goal this week is to plan all meals. I need structure. Spring break is over and I start back to work Monday. I work around food all day, I'm an elementary school lunch lady but the last few years I haven't had to cook, just ring up the meals as the kids come by. For all you young parents out there beware~ K/1st graders REALLY do tell all as they come by us. Thinking of writing a book...lol

Goals:
drink 80 oz water
calories 1200/1400
watch the carbs!
walk as much as able
Plan meals
Don't eat the carrot cake I just baked for a birthday at work tomorrow
Old 04-06-2013, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Sissy5003
I work around food all day, I'm an elementary school lunch lady but the last few years I haven't had to cook, just ring up the meals as the kids come by. For all you young parents out there beware~ K/1st graders REALLY do tell all as they come by us. Thinking of writing a book...lol
(
I miss being around kids. I wish my kids would get busy and give me some grandchildren! Back when I had employees and my daughter was about 4 or 5, my daughter would often come to the office after school, and one of my 20-something employees said having kids is liking having your own comedy club.

What do you think of the food at your school? Did you see the Jamie Oliver series (maybe about a year ago) where he was trying to get better food into schools somewhere in West Virginia? He chose that area because of the high obesity rate there. Some school cooks really embraced the effort and others fought against it. Plus there were a lot of bureaucratic issues in some schools about where food could be purchased. And it was interesting seeing what the kids would accept.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Carolyn, comedy club is right! Kids use to purchase 5 day lunch tickets and I would punch out a day everytime they used it. A kindergartener handed me his ticket one day, it was so wet it wouldn't punch. Me: Garrett, please try and not get this wet it won't punch when it gets wet. Garrett: Well I tried to wash it off cause it fell in the toilet!---I never asked about a ticket again and keep hand sanitizer with me

Been doing this 19 yrs and the food has changed. The new schools being built in our county do not have deep fryers anymore. Our menus have been re-vamped for low fat / calories. I am amazed at the extra servings of fruit and veggies we sell. We must be cooking something right. 657 students in my school and we feed @530 per day.

Ev1 have a great Sunday
one more goal this week- track everything!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Sissy5003
Carolyn, comedy club is right! Kids use to purchase 5 day lunch tickets and I would punch out a day everytime they used it. A kindergartener handed me his ticket one day, it was so wet it wouldn't punch. Me: Garrett, please try and not get this wet it won't punch when it gets wet. Garrett: Well I tried to wash it off cause it fell in the toilet!---I never asked about a ticket again and keep hand sanitizer with me
& LMAO!!!

Glad to hear your school serves good food - and that the kids are eating the fruits and vegetables.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
Hope, there is an Province of NB billboard at Times Square, a tourist ad for the Bay of Fundy. If you see it let me know how it looks. And my back is doing well thanks. I am taking very good care of it and it seems to be healing. I don't have much pain now. The knee pillow is really working. Yes I have had acupucture before for about a year for migraines. It worked great and I really don't get them anymore.

I'm glad you are feeling better!!! Interesting acupuncture worked for your migraines. I know it works for my back.

Not sure I understand about the Province of NB billboard...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.