Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!!  Let's Get April Started Right!! >

7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!! Let's Get April Started Right!!

Notices

7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!! Let's Get April Started Right!!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Hope,
Las fresas son rojas
Los arándanos son azules
Espero que este poema completa dos metas para usted
Si no es así
No hay mucho de lo que puedo decir
Me parece que lo que sabemos que esas palabras de todos modos
Old 04-01-2013, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back. I fell into a rare stint of emotional eating and sedentary lifestyle, and went off my supplements--just didn't care. I missed weighing in at 9AM this morning, my usual time to weigh, but I'm guessing I'm around 230 lbs. now--I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I am. 18 year old live-in GD got married on spring break from college and moved in that day with her husband, who lives with his parents just 4.5 miles away from my house. The baby is due in July--don't know yet the sex of the baby. She seems happy; her husband, mother-in-law and father-in-law are happy about the marriage and the baby. They are all good people. I just had my heart set on her finishing college before she ever got married or pregnant, whichever came first. I finally pulled myself up by my bootstraps and reminded myself I've lived through tougher things than this and everything will be OK in the end.

This weeks goals are simple: to resume logging every bite of food that goes into my mouth, baby steps to resume exercise--at least three days this week, and take all my supplements daily.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Mern, you fell into an old rut and then pulled yourself back out. There have been lots of slips the past week or 2, you were not alone........

For those who've asked my back is not better yet because I was always trying to work it out before and apparently reinjured myself so this is baby steps this time. Let it actually heal. The hot water bottle is my new best friend. Almost went for a walk- it is cold out though so haven't made it yet.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome back, Robin. So sorry to learn your back is still messed up. Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending you a big gentle cyberhug.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

cnorulak and episode, welcome! Glad to have you with us!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome back Mern, congrats for getting yourself back together so quickly!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Ya'll looks like we have a group of people wanting help ... so here we are, I have already tracked breakfast and lunch, gone to the gym swam 1/2 mile and did water aerobics, might sit on a bike later today, want to get in lots of exercise....lunch was salad with little turkey, tomato, cuke, and couple of strawberries cut up with 1/2 table spoon of balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tbs of olive oil.. trying not to use salad dressings.... onward.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Mern! Welcome back! We missed you, and wondered where you were.

Last Week:
  • Calories (average 1371 /day ): 1712
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 174
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 3.5
  • Workout > 120 min/wk: 180/wk
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 85
I did good at everything but calories. Although I didn't gain any weight, I will if I kept eating like that. I have to cut back, but my calorie goals last week were unrealistic. Need to find a 'happy' calorie median.

This week:
  • Calories Avg. 1400 /day:
  • Cholesterol < 200mg:
  • Vegetables > 3 / day:
  • Workout > 150 min/wk:
  • Protein > 50 g / day:
My Foolish FitDay Poem:

To be lean,
eat more greens.

- Donna
Old 04-01-2013, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

I'm good food-wise so far today, but haven't exercised at all yet. Up until noon, I'm good. Where I fall down is mid-afternoon and after dinner. Rain just stopped here, so I'm going to get some exercise in now.

Mern!!! Glad you're back (both here on the forum and mentally). I was worried about you. As Robin said, they last week or two have seemed tough for a lot of us. You've done so great, you've just got to keep going.

cnorulak - I wish I had access to a pool - I love to swim. If you keep going like you are, you'll lose the weight in no time.

Donna - Love your poem!

Mike - What exactly are your cheat days? Do you eat as many calories as you want on those days or do you allow yourself to eat foods you normally avoid on those days (and still try to stay within a calorie limit)?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Mike - What exactly are your cheat days? Do you eat as many calories as you want on those days or do you allow yourself to eat foods you normally avoid on those days (and still try to stay within a calorie limit)?
Pretty much eat whatever I want. Saturday wasn't THAT bad but I saw the biggest gain the next morning. Sunday I pigged out and only saw a .2 gain this morning. I've decided that with being on such a low calorie diet, whenever I cheat it makes too big of a dent in my progress. I plan on extending this diet out for another 2 weeks (maybe longer) with no cheating. After than, I'll start working in more calories and have an occasional cheat meal, not an entire day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.