Community
Notices

Ready to change me!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default Ready to change me!

Hello everyone!
I'm ready to change me! I am currently 170lbs with most of my weight on my backside, hips, and upper legs. I have a great street bike I got about a month ago to help start a new healthy lifestyle. I just moved to a new town that has a great biking community.

I work about 45 hours a week. So my "me time" starts after I get off work around 3:00pm. I have a goal to lose 40 lbs. So I only have about 5 hours a day I can work out for. But my weekends are free and have as much time as I may need.

I'm hoping to find support, tips, do's and don't from those of you that are on a journey of weight loss and a healthy lifestyle. Looking forward to following all of your journeys as well.

Thanks,
Denise
Old 03-25-2013, 10:09 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Denise

Welcome to fitday. What a good concrete goal you have - I like it.

For me it's all about the food. I have always been reasonably physically active and like exercise when I have time. But I only lose weight when I clean up my diet. I like "eat clean" approaches, get away from added sugar, sodium, refined grains and processed food. If I bring my lunch (don't buy it) and make my supper (no take out) I do way better and my cals are lower too! I think you need to identify where you wrong with food and then change that

All the workout time in the world (believe me I've done it) won't compensate for a junk diet.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Robin!
I know right off my biggest challenge is that I don't eat regularly. Love all veggies and greens. I'm a big fish eater also. But most of the time I'm not eating breakfast or even lunch. Then I'm eating a healthy dinner. Of course I know that's the wrong way! So staying focused and making sure I follow an eating plan and following through needs to be my #1 I must work on.

Today I'm on day 3 of breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. And I'm not eating after 6pm!

Should I be weighing myself everyday or once a week?
Thanks so much!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Hi again Denise

I weight myself everyday and that's working for me. But other people do it differently, maybe they stress too much about the daily ups and downs?! Anyway I see others on here who say they weigh themselves once a week or even once a month. I guess you have to figure out which approach works best for your own headspace about this. I like weighing daily as a reminder of where I am and what I am doing regardless of the daily fluctuations.