7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start >

7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start

Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
I’m back. I was doing really really good for a few weeks, and actually hit the low of all my maintenance weight lows! But THEN… I got too comfortable and lately I have not been: exercising; drinking enough water; watching portion sizes; or monitoring processed foods. My clothes are getting really tight and I feel slugggggish… Granted the corned beef and cabbage probably added 3lbs of water weight from yesterday, but… NO EXCUSES!

So goals for the week are:

8 glasses water/day (tea counts):
Limit sweets:
Exercise 3x this week (home or gym):
Limit processed foods:
No BBQ:
Dump the brownies (in the garbage!):
Vitamins!:
Do not go to the St Patties day feast at work Monday… errr:
Originally Posted by dmartz
No BBQ?! The Horror!

- Donna
Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Yes BBQ is one of the 7 deadly sins! DH and I got the family platter from Famous Daves last week (extreme indulgence)! Then 2 days later I was at a work meeting and they served Famous Daves!!! Irresistable! And it had sweet and sassy sauce on the side... therefore my goal this week to run like hell from anything resembling BBQ... at least for a little while .
Originally Posted by canary52

Mike (is this Mike or GF?) what is dew? It's not Mountain Dew, is it? And you know you were talking `bout barbeque. As for last night, whoooops! Then again, I sent a couple ot texts to you with the wrong number.
I wasn't in the BBQ conversation. That's okay, we won't send you to the nut hut just yet. Yep, that's Mt. Dew. I laughed when I heard about the texts.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Ama good to see you!

Missed my green tea yesterday, no particular reason. But walked again another k today and had a very intense evening at TKD. So 2k so far this week. Also have been doing more intense yoga, I have been on the gentle yoga kick for weeks now so it feels good to ramp it up a little.

Also doing good with no take out again this week. Taking leftovers for lunch, that's working out well

I am very curious about the 6 apple day Mike. Not curious enough to try though!

There definitely is an echo in here where certain people used to be, at least Tori has you to set goals for her Mike.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

I'm here. Sort of I had no wifi yesterday because we had hellacious storms come through. I shot off a text to Mike about posting my goals. I've gone super simple because I am struggling HARD. We'll see how I do with the baby steps

1-no calorie limit, just stick with portions--doing well, just don't need to get the Boredom Munchies
2-one dew per day--so far so good.
3-add more water--yep
4-walk 2 times, minimum of 1.5 miles each--none today....should have decent weather tomorrow to get some miles done

Starting Tuesday

Will do my best to catch up with everybody tomorrow. I'm nursing a headache (since Sunday) and honestly just wanna veg for a while. Hope all is going well with all y'all
Old 03-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Last Monday 197.4
Starting weight (this Monday) 188.8, Tues 187.0

1) Lose 7 pounds yes
2) 100+ ounces of water per day yes, yes
3) post daily yes, yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes
, yes
Old 03-19-2013, 05:37 PM
FitDay Member

Hope Glad to hear you feel better! When do you leave for Florida?

Mike Nice weight loss, I still don’t think I could just eat 6 apples for a day but hey I may try it next time I feel stuck.

Donna Your garden sounds great! I do not have a green thumb but my hubby has been trying for last couple years we are planter gardening basically, he did herbs, tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, green onions and green beans last year. I bought a dehydrator and we dried all the left over herbs and that was great fun and they made good gifts I may try some kale chips in it I found a recipe after listening to you guys talk about your attempts at them. Orchids are beautiful, you will have to post some pics once they are blooming. Bolting? the deer eat my garden does bolting mean something is eating yours also!

Robin Good job with sticking to the walks it’s got to be challenging in the snow I would be hard pressed to walk every day in the snow. Good for you for adding yoga to your days I was thinking of trying to get back to the gym and use the membership I am paying for and haven’t used for 5 months.

Tori Sorry to hear you are struggling, I hope your headache passes soon.

Goals:
Walk 10k: M=6.2k, T=2.2k
Calories less than 1500: M=1421, T=1029
Calorie deficit of 5000: M=-720, T=-988
Squats twice: M=N, T=N
Old 03-20-2013, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Well today is a snowstorm day, most everything closed/cancelled. I am not working today (it remains to be seen whether I will be going to my Wed evening teaching or not). So far no sign of the plow guy, I am pretty much snowed in. Don't think I'll be walking today.

Good Wednesday everyone! Hope your day goes well.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Bolting

Bolting. Bolting is when plants like lettuce and broccoli go to seed early, usually due to warm weather. When plants bolt they don't produce many leaves, or crowns, they just seed and they're done. I chose to use that term because it seems many people have done that here lately, though that would be in another sense of the word bolt, to run away.

Also, I apologize to those still under winter's grip for discussing warm weather, even if it's now officially the first day of spring (March 20, 11:02 UTC).

- Donna

Last edited by dmartz; 03-20-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, I think they forgot to tell who ever is in charge of weather that it's SPRING!! It snowed a little bit here and it is about -10.
Mike, I had to go for jury duty a couple of times. I was going to be chosen again but my Mom was having tests done so got a Dr note. Dodged a bullet because they were doing murder trial.

Kept pretty well to carb limit but my calories were a bit higher than I would have liked. Did 15 min Wii boxing--arms sore and was up and down stairs a few times doing laundry.

Jenn
Old 03-20-2013, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tues.

• Calories < 1200 (M-Th): 1602, 1060,
  • Calories < 1600 (F, S, S):
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 192, 10
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 3, 0,
  • Workout > 120 min/wk: 30, 20
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 84, 27
  • Plant! (Wed, Thurs): (not yet)
Got a major sinus headache, & maybe an infection. Ate apples, bananas, peanut butter, and crackers. Slept 12 hours. Better now.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

1) 6 glasses of water- 8 at least, 6
2) plan food- yes, yes
3) log food -yes, yes
4) stay below 1200 calories-877, 1021
5) be a stretchy mama -yes, yes
6) practice Spanish per favore -si does 10 minutes of Spanish tv count?
7) meditate: SERENITY NOW... no, no

Plan:
Breakfast:
1 egg, one egg white
bacon
blueberries
Lunch:
chicken breast and lettuce on rye with v little mayo and some mustard
Dinner (at PF Changs)
salt and pepper shrimp
spicy chicken
Snacks:
apple
walnuts and almonds

Lost 2 pounds in 2 days by calorie restriction but am afraid the sodium in tonight's dinner might make me gain some back.

Hi Tori!!! Good to see ya!!!

Mike, DUH. I guess it wasn't you with the barbeque.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.