Notices

7 Day motivational thread 3/11/13

Old 03-14-2013, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Donna - go ahead and be a braggart! I find it motivating to see other people's weight losses and other successes. Congratulations on maintaining your weight loss for 6 mos! I'm already thinking ahead to when I reach my goal - about what I'll do differently - for example, now I'm weighing myself weekly; once I reach my goal, I'll weigh myself daily.

Darlene - I just last night noticed your weight loss in your sig - way to go!

nobe - I laughed about you sitting on your pink pedometer. I'm a klutz that way too. I bought a new back-up drive for my computer on Tues. Wed morning I tripped over the cord and broke it. I tripped over it trying to get to the window to put out some bird seed so the cat would have birds to watch.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with Carolyn, Donna - go ahead and brag! Good going Mike - hope you're eating enough though! I'm wonky on T3s right now. First trip to the doc today, will be off work til next week for sure. Also first day this week to go nuts on sugar. Grabbed a Tim's coffee and donut while I was out AND a burnt almond bar . Have to be real careful rest of the day. I haven't been over 1200 calories all week. Haven't weighed though but will once I'm up and about again!
Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Donna, success can be contagious, brag away! I say we bring back the braggin' wagon.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone

My day has definitely been better than yesterday although the road home is closed (due to flooding) and so I still have to find an alternate route. So it's not over yet. Thanks for asking Carolynnq the situation at the hospital is resolved. It was only that I was informed that I needed to take a family member for a 20 minute procedure and there were a bunch of additional things that had to happen (be admitted, ex-rays, sedatives, post-procedural recovery). I had not idea what I was in for and it messed with an already overwhelming day. Last night's flood crisis in the basement ended up being a breaker. But I had to set the alarm to get up to check pumps in the night. So the whole thing has been a pretty significant weather disaster. The relevance is that 1) no I did not walk and 2) yes I got take out (a sub). Oh well what they say about good intentions.

So I see quite a number of accomplishments on here this week. Yes Donna, brag, it motivates the rest of us! And Mike you apparently got serious. So what about walking?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

I give up. Broke my first pedometer, the pink one barely recorded anything when I was out walking today, and hubby said that his pedometer only recorded about half his distance when he went for a walk, even though it was working yesterday. $50 on pedometers that don't work is enough, I think. I'll go back to measuring my walks in time.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Donna, success can be contagious, brag away! I say we bring back the braggin' wagon.
Ok,I refused to weigh myself for many years, so I'm not sure where I 'started.' But, here's my brag:

I'm age 55, Height: 5' 2" or 5' 3" depending if I've been doing Pilates. I just weighed myself, even tho I usually never do that after seven a.m. I'm currently 116.2 nearly nec'ed. That's up a bit. I'm usually a solid 115. Current measurements: 38, 28, 37. I'm down to a size 6, but in the expensive stores, I'm a 4. Prolly a 2 if I went couture, which I've never been in my life. I wear 26 inches of calico hair, down. It's never been dyed. I have no tats or piercings of any kind. I have no problems, other than a touch of OCD. I've been happily 'attached' to a wonderful man for over 25 years, and totally blessed even tho I live in a place prone to tornadoes, floods, hurricanes, and drought.

Plus, I just received the $5 tee shirts I ordered from Target, and they included a freebie, some Supergirl shorts!

Last edited by dmartz; 03-15-2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Oops. Ok, I have a problem with arithmetic, and spelling. Fixed height.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

nobe - do you have a smartphone? There are pedometer apps that measure how far you've walked, steps taken, speed, etc.

robin - I don't think there's ever a quick trip to the hospital. I used to get frustrated taking my mother to the hospital. Every time they'd ask a bunch of questions and enter the data into the computer - or at least pretended to - because every time, we'd have to answer the same long list. Boy, when it rains, it pours - both figuratively and literally in your case. Hope things calm down for you.

Jezzie - it sound like your sugar spree might not put you too much over with your calories. I know one philosophy is that it's good to satisfy cravings by eating just a small amount of it. But I have some foods I just should never eat (at least until I develop more will power) because eating a bit always leads to eating more.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

Carolynn, thanks for the advice! I didn't think about there being a pedometer app. I installed one and after some fiddling it seems relatively accurate - at least, when I'm walking around my house trying to replicate how I walk outside. Ifiddled with it so much that it says I walked .75k, haha. Add it to my total!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:44 PM
FitDay Member

<1600 calories - 1450, 2140, 1327, 1493
>64oz water - yes, yes, yes, yes
>20% protein - 22%, 21%, 26%, 29% (!)
walk on days off - yes (3k+), worked, yes (3.3k), yes (pedometers were useless, guessing about 3k?)
weights/calisthenics on days off - no, worked, no, some
Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

My kitchen is closed. I'm at my largest deficit for this week...-1812
Starting weight, Monday = 197.4, Tuesday 194.8, Wednesday 192.2, Thursday 190.8, Friday 189.6

My goals for the next couple weeks:
DONE1) Lose 7 pounds (PER WEEK) (-7.8 pounds so far)
2) 100+ ounces of water per day over a gallon, yes, yes, yes
3) post daily yes, yes, yes, yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes, yes, yes, yes
DONE 5) have fun and help raise a lot of money for Johnny on Thursday yes

I'm tired, had a long day. I'll chat tomorrow y'all

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-15-2013 at 02:56 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.