Notices

7 day motivational thread 3/4/13

Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

Everyone, thanks for your encouragement on my walking today.

Mike and Stanley nice goals.

Jenn, best wishes on your goals this week. Dinner Sunday was great, thanks: grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, tomato & mozzarella salad, diet cola. Should get my bloodwork tomorrow. I'm crossing MY fingers, too, as I may have cheated on carbs too much, so blood sugar might be a little high. Cholesterol should be fine, though.

Hi, Boo! Wow, nice goals! Best wishes on those!

Robin, the time zone thing can be really confusing. I don't know what part of Canada you're in. I'm in Ohio, USA and Eastern Time Zone and am posting this at almost 9:00PM. What time is it where you live when it's 9:00PM here? Aw, that's sweet that your dog will appreciate your outdoor exercise in the morning. I love green tea but all the tea in the world wouldn't take a cupcake craving away for me. LOL Enjoy the special sharing and cooking of healthful food for your DH. I tried to make kale chips in the oven. It called for just a small bit of olive oil--like a tablespoon for the entire bunch of kale--but maybe the recipe had too much for the size of the bunch. They were good when right out of the oven, but became limp when cooled. If I had a dehydrator, I'd try that.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
it's a sammich. Damn yanks.
sammie is cuter, my redneck friend lol
Old 03-04-2013, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Thanks for starting us off Mike!
Good going Mern! Fingers crossed for good bloodwork results (how was the dinner last night?)
Hope I'm working on memoir too. I've gotten away from writing too much lately though. Wrote a poem (with help from a friend) for my niece. Will probably put it in her bday card. It just sort of came to me.

Jenn
Best gift, Jenn, the poem. She can keep it and save it. Relatives of mine saved a poem I wrote as a kid. I've been slacking off a bit too. Good luck with your work!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Tori, my bad. When I saw Mike wasn't making goals and I hadn't seen you around, I ummm might have said something to the effect of: Make goals, slacker (to Mike) and I am beinning to think Tori is your imaginary friend. SORRY!!!
Mike, you troublemaker!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Walk 10k: M=3.7k
Calories less than 1500: M=1417
Calorie deficit of 5000: M=-712
Squats twice:
Old 03-04-2013, 03:43 PM
FitDay Member

Stupid bread man at work with his treats foiled my good intentions yet again! After two big hunks of cake:

<1600 calories - 1739
>64oz water - yes
>20% protein - 17%
walk on days off - worked
weights/calisthenics on days off - worked

(I don't plan on exercise on my work days because I am walking very fast, carrying armloads of stuff for most of the day, and I figure that's good enough, and I'm tired when I get home)
Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
Tried my hand at kale chips (sample size) in the actifry Hope. Ok they were so-so. I didn't cook them enough and I put too much salt. A work in progress. I am looking forward to making them again. I could taste the potential
I like that: I could taste the potential. I cheat. I buy them.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Goals:
Walk 10k: M=3.7k
Fab walk!!!

Originally Posted by nobe
Stupid bread man at work with his treats foiled my good intentions yet again! After two big hunks of cake:
Whoops! Oh well, lesson learned for next time.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:29 PM
FitDay Member

Daily goals!
1. Check-in to FitDay M=Y
2. 6+ Pints of water M=9
3. Log everything M=Y
4. Take Vitamins M=Y
5. At least 100 grams protein M=99
6. At least 4 Fruit/Veg M=5
7. Have a 500+ calorie deficit M=1305

Weekly goals!

1. 420+ minutes of cardio/strength training M=120
2. Record a loss (Wednesday)

Almost there on the protein. Can't be too disappointed.
My deficit might seem huge, but after doing 2 hours of exercise it meant I earned an extra 1030 calories. I ate 1,655 calories yesterday.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:14 PM
FitDay Member

Getting such a kick out of the banter between Mike, Tori, and Hope.

Darlene, WONDERFUL Monday report.

Nobe, my day wasn't perfect yesterday, either. We'll do better today. Looks like you get PLENTY of exercise at work. That's great.

Hope, I'll look for kale chips to buy. Thanks for posting that. I mistakenly thought you dried your own. LOL

Boo, wow, your Monday report was fabulous, too. Kudos on your protein being so close to your goal.

Monday report:

I did not do well yesterday because I didn't log my food as the day progressed. I had to reconstruct from memory this morning and tried to err on the side of overstating what I ate, so I'm 95% sure I can give myself a green on calories as "close enough." My sat fat is outrageously red. The blue numbers mean I still could get my average in the green zone by the end of the week.

I'm going to try to get back in the habit of pre-logging the portions of my planned menu, printing it out, and hanging it on the fridge, checking it off as I eat it. I did it this morning.

Monday Report:
Calories 1200-1800 per day Close enough at 1823
Sat fat average 10% or less of daily calories 19%
Net carbs (after deducting fiber) average 25g 28g
Fiber average 25g 28g
Protein average 100g or more 108g
Dietary cholesterol under 250mg each day 256mg
Exercise 5 days YES
Water 64 oz. YES

Today's Planned Menu

Breakfast: spinach omelet with roasted red pepper sauce (I need to get out of the omelet rut)

Snack: sugar free jello and protein shake with flaxmeal

Lunch: tuna salad made with ranch dressing on a bed of fresh spinach

Snack: almonds

Dinner: cod (yeah, fish again, but I love fish) stir-fry veggies (no sauce), mashed cauliflower

Evening Snacks: Laughing Cow cream cheese rolled up in preservative free deli sliced turkey, protein shake

Last edited by Mern; 03-04-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.