Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/18/13

Old 02-22-2013, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Running to catch up with the wagon... ok - I'll pass on the 2nd cup of coffee which I am desperately craving, and go eat an orange.

I had been seriously planning on making quiche for dinner (before even seeing the posts today!). What else can I do with eggs and some honey ham?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Running to catch up with the wagon... ok - I'll pass on the 2nd cup of coffee which I am desperately craving, and go eat an orange.

I had been seriously planning on making quiche for dinner (before even seeing the posts today!). What else can I do with eggs and some honey ham?
Omelet with ham and veggies. Not as sexy but much less fat and cals. Good for you for choosing the orange over the coffee!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dar n
Mern Way to go on all that green!

Jenn That’s awesome and all the little successes are what keep us motivated so enjoy your zipped up boots!

Hope It sounds like your dinner was great and we all needs splurges now and then.

Robin Congrats on the .7 of walking every bit of movement helps I got 2.8 in today but I doubt I will get any in tomorrow.

Dmartz Good numbers today!

Ama I hope the carb craze ends very soon carbs are a weakness for me too, sometimes going really heavy on fruit helps me get out of the simple carb trap and my cravings pass quicker.

Jezzie Awesome day today way to avoid the candy isle at the grocers!

Mike Did you get any miles in today last I seen you were at 0!

Ok let’s talk quiche!! I was at a church function this evening and my dinner choices were beef stroganoff or quiche I am not a big stroganoff fan and I know that anything a church lady makes in a casserole dish has butter and cream in ridiculous amounts its kind of a rule. I don’t really eat quiche but I know it’s made of eggs and is in pastry the nice lady in line told me it has ham and spinach and feta cheese so I am thinking ok lots of protein so I was feeling good about my choice I added a side of salad and left as much of the pastry that I could. I come home and entered my foods I type in quiche and poof my calories jump off the page 471 calories 21grams of fat OH MY I could of eaten a huge bowl of icecream (which is my go to comfort food) and been better off than this sneaky bad for me food, so I just wanted to share my shock and dismay! Good news though I walked on my lunch break (stealing an exercise idea from april) and got in 2.8k!
Have a great Friday everyone!

Goals:
Walk 10k before Sunday night: M=Y, T=N, W=N, T=2.8k
Calories less than 1500: M= 1141, T=1321, W=1272, T=1662
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -946, T= -739, W= -888, T= -477
No sugar: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Still at zero.

Originally Posted by canary52
You tryin to get rid of us? Kinda hard to leave when people invite us to crab boils and all...
BTW I tried to multi quote, wasn't happening. Why?

Ama, the wagon is slowing down for ya...jump on!!!

Darlene, quiche and pot piess, very bad in terms of fat and calories. My friend loves pot pies and we looked at the nutritional fats of a Marie Callender one, holy cow!!!

Robin, I do not want to make you discuss it again, but did they find out what's wrong with your eyes? That's scary, so sorry this happened. I hope you are OK.
it's gonna be crawfishies not crabs.

multi-quote? I bet on the last person you didn't click the regular quote. That's what triggers it.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Finally back with a less-crazy day .

After eight hours' sleep in two nights' time, I crashed last night and slept for ten...count 'em, TEN blessed hours. Catching up on administrivia today and on the way out the door for a haircut. I may go back to original goals for the three days left in the week; time to bring out the inner weekend warrior .
Old 02-22-2013, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Robin my lunch walk was 2k and it took my about 35 min it was a relatively flat walk but my .8 was the dog walk around the block and I live at the top of a steep hill so it’s a great butt walk lol. I wear a pedometer its great I set it up to measure my pace so it tells me steps, distance, calories and time it has other options also but those are the ones I use it cost me $29.

Ama I second Hopes idea scrambled eggs with mostly whites and ham with chopped up veggies and a reasonable sprinkle of cheese would have been half the calories of my quiche and just as tasty.

Hope Nice numbers and on vacation that’s a hard place to watch calories all those restaurant’s and fancy drinks.Happy vacationing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
drinking-red-wine.jpg (1.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-22-2013, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Mike You could easily pass me on walking today I work afternoons and it’s a typical west coast rainy grey day so the dog will be doing her business in the back yard.

Cassie Nice to hear you slept so well I understand how great that is when it happens!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

YAY, omelets it is!!! Just need to pick-up some salsa to make them super yummy!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Cassie and back on the wagon to those who have been off it .

Thanks Darlene for the info re:walking. I think I will get a pedometer. I couldn't imagine how I could do more than 2k at lunch but now I get it. I am walking slower though. I did 1 k (map my run) at lunch today and it took me 25 minutes.

BTW that puts me up to 1.7k for our challenge lol.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

you guys talking about eggs & ham just reminds me of the Quinoa Frittas from the allrecipes site. they are so good, small portion but lots of protein

having a snack of raspberries, cottage cheese & no fat vanilla yogurt - good stuff

scale is not good, up 3 lbs still need to get 'moving' well......

have a great day everyone
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Still at zero.

it's gonna be crawfishies not crabs.

multi-quote? I bet on the last person you didn't click the regular quote. That's what triggers it.
I couldn't even get to the first person.

I meant crawfishies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.