Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/18/13

Old 02-18-2013, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Grandkids are here and I'm working on cleaning up my computer.

Haven't read any posts except for the troll's and I'll never read one of hers again--not worth my time.

I'm on track with food and hydration. Restarting my 21-Day Mindset Makeover. Lost 4 pounds altogether between the partial 21-Day Metabolism Makeover and my first stint with the 21-Day Mindset Makeover which got interrupted and not completed. This time will be better. Will exercise later today.

Everyone have a wonderful and productive day!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow

Hi Mern. What are these make-overs you're talking about?
Is it something on this site?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie... Try this link for the pie recipe. Light Strawberry Pie Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

Mern... Did I miss that your GD is pregnant? If so, congratulations!

Mike & Hope ... Great picture! Love to see those smiling faces!

Just back in from another 2 mile lunch walk. Probably won't get one tomorrow as the "wintry mix" is in the forecast for tomorrow but if not, I will get out there. Hoping to bust my butt again tonight with another round of kickboxing. Maybe a smaller round of it mixed with a small round of kettlebell? We shall see. I really like the fast pace of the kickboxing cardio. Before you know it, your time is up and you are exhausted but it is fun.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I did not mind that picture being up as much as I thought I would. But then again I got to hide behind the chilluns.

Mern, good job!!!!

Jezzie, I have been meditating on and off for quite a while now. It has had truly wonderful effects for me and I intend on doing it way into my next lfietime lol. That being said, just remember: It's not good meditation, it's not bad meditation, it's meditation. We tend to judge all our experiences and with this one, let it be what it is. The actual quote is: If it is good meditation or bad meditation, it is not meditation. Oh Zen master that I am...
Old 02-18-2013, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all,

I'd like to join in here. I think posting goals is a great idea.

Mine:
1. 1200-1500 calories a day
2. at least an hour of activity (for me, right now, it's mostly yard work)
3. no white flour, sugar
4. no eating after 8 pm

I've managed all but #3 for the last 10 days. Yesterday I had 3 candied cashews (but at least I didn't eat the whole bag!). I'm feeling energized from the yard work and get to see my yard looking better too. I was a huge late-night snacker. The first 3 or 4 days, it was really hard for me not to eat after 8. Now I find that most nights, I'm not having the urge to eat then.

Jezzie - is your shoulder problem a rotator cuff problem? A couple of years ago, I couldn't move my left arm above my waist, and would wake up several times during night with excruciating pain from it. Doctors were useless. I used a product called RotatoReliever. The first night wearing it I slept through the night. 45 days later I was completely pain free and and hand full motion of the shoulder (and still do).
Old 02-18-2013, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Hi all,

I'd like to join in here. I think posting goals is a great idea.

Mine:
1. 1200-1500 calories a day
2. at least an hour of activity (for me, right now, it's mostly yard work)
3. no white flour, sugar
4. no eating after 8 pm

I've managed all but #3 for the last 10 days. Yesterday I had 3 candied cashews (but at least I didn't eat the whole bag!). I'm feeling energized from the yard work and get to see my yard looking better too. I was a huge late-night snacker. The first 3 or 4 days, it was really hard for me not to eat after 8. Now I find that most nights, I'm not having the urge to eat then.

Jezzie - is your shoulder problem a rotator cuff problem? A couple of years ago, I couldn't move my left arm above my waist, and would wake up several times during night with excruciating pain from it. Doctors were useless. I used a product called RotatoReliever. The first night wearing it I slept through the night. 45 days later I was completely pain free and and hand full motion of the shoulder (and still do).
Hi carolynnq. the shoulder is frozen in place and yes, it would be rotator. I have very limited movement as well and pain. I'm dreading physio on Wed - he already told me it was not going to be fun I will look up the product you're referring to, it sounds like magic to me!!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, nice goals!

Robin, wishing you warmth and comfort on your snowed-in day. Best wishes on your goals this week, especially on your exercise.

Mike, best wishes on your dropping 2 lbs. this week.

April,you had quite an informal workout on Saturday--that had to burn a lot of calories. Kudos on your 40 minutes yesterday. Wow, also kudos on your weight loss last week! Have fun with the family room renovations and your four day weekend. Best wishes on your goals this week. Yeah, live-in GD got engaged in September on her 18th birthday and then December found out she's pregnant. Baby is due mid-August. Her fiance's family is great--they go to our church and have the same values we do. His family is supportive and told GD they'll help me out with babysitting. I'm so glad because I know it would be overwhelming for me to start over with an infant at my age (will be 67) with GD going to college full time and working 30 hours a week. I'm hoping to talk her into working just 22-25 hours a week after the baby is born. We're all hoping they both finish college before they get married, though. I'll be doing the middle of the night feedings for GD on school nights. I'm a light sleeper anyway so I'll love having that special alone time with the baby. Ooh, great job on your 2 mile lunch walk! And I gotta tell you I soooo admire you on the kickboxing! Way to go with all your exercise. No wonder you're losing weight so well!

Hope, I can't imagine truffle oil popcorn. Now that zebra corn sounds like something I'd really enjoy. Nice goals and menu! And thanks for your encouragement.

Jezzie, the makeovers I'm talking about are parts of diet plan books with 21 day metabolism jumpstarts. I'm now following the 21-day Mindset Makeover from Robert Ferguson's book Diet Free For Life. (He co-authored the first program 21-Day Metabolism Makeover from the Food For Life Program but that book was unaffordable to me.) What's new to me is a way to combine proteins, fats, and carbs for meals and snacks to make them into what the author calls fat-burning meals and snacks and having to eat a meal or snack every 2-3 hours to keep blood sugar stable. One has to read to the book to follow the formulas and guidelines, but I got it for under $6 on amazon.com including shipping and handling. Aw, best wishes on alleviation of the pain and inconvenience of your frozen shoulder and on your physical therapy helping as much as possible.

Carolyn, welcome. Best wishes on your very nice goals. I do low carb and it's still hard for me to avoid sweets sometimes. On the program I am following I have to eat a meal or snack every two-three hours to keep my blood sugar stable. I have to eat 1-3 hours before bedtime which is usually around midnight, but that last snack is supposed to be mostly protein rather than carbs. But any way of losing weight is good as long as meals are healthful and balanced.

Last edited by Mern; 02-18-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

I'm going to pull a Mike this week and poach a goal from everyone who's posted them so far:

1. 4 servings fruits/veggies
2. Bring healthy lunch to work (eat healthy when working at home, order healthy on Wed. when lunch is brought in for audit; order healthy on Thurs. when lunch out for interview).
3. Drink a lot of water.
4. Snack wisely.
5. Try to keep calories to 1200 - 1300 per day & even out carbs & protein.
6. Stretch.
7. At least an hour of activity (Carolyn, hi and welcome! Is this daily or weekly?).

Whoa...got my work cut out for me! Thanks, guys!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Walk Twice: M=Y
Calories less than 1500: M= 1141
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -946
No sugar: M=Y
Post everyday: M=Y
Old 02-18-2013, 09:37 PM
FitDay Member

Nice start to your week Darlene!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.