FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/18/13 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9156-7-day-motivational-thread-2-18-13-a.html)

dar n 02-23-2013 04:47 PM

Robin I am so sorry to here about your husband:( I hope he recovers soon.

01gt4.6 02-23-2013 04:54 PM

Thank you Robin. So sorry to hear about your husband. I have he has a speedy recovery!

Robingen 02-23-2013 11:56 PM

Thanks for the well wishes guys. It was a frightening situation. He was wayyyy out in the woods, very spotty satellite phone service and no cell phone service. I waited at the end of the plowed road with the ambulance, firetrucks and police for about an hour while some passersby on a snowmobile brought him in - not knowing about his injuries. His leg is bad, he's having surgery today and will be in the hospital for a couple of days. But we are very grateful that it was not worse.

Darlene- I'm in NB we have lots of snow. All sidewalks, walking trails etc are snow covered so the only way I can walk without snow is the treadmill at the gym (yuck).

jjrudd 02-24-2013 12:57 AM

Mike praying for your friend
What a scary situation Robin. Thankful it wasn't worse. I know NB and Nova Scotia have been hard hit with storms this winter.

Ate too much yesterday. Blood sugar low so I was "grazing" all day. Just crackers so not too bad. I am up a lb this week but I think it's mostly water.
Jenn

01gt4.6 02-24-2013 02:41 AM

Thanks Jenn.

I just got an update from his wife. I'm not going to get into details but he is in desperate need of prayer! Thank you everyone.

I'll probably be MIA for a while.

dmartz 02-24-2013 05:01 AM

Sat.

• Workout > 30 mins x 4: N, Y, (15-20 mins), N, (20 mins), N
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 111, 230, 93, 201, 193,295
  • Protein > 50 g: 43, 108, 44, 91, 86, 133
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, Exemplary, ~, Y, ~, N
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: N, N, N, Y, Y, Y
  • Calories < 1750: 1291, 1287, 1127, 1544, 2367, 2165
Just too much of everything, except exercise.

Sorry, for being behind on all the news. Was having the 'caching' issue with forums, and didn't see any posts since early yesterday.

Prayers go out to all who are suffering today.

- Donna

canary52 02-24-2013 05:12 AM

Mike, you know I am praying for Johnny and for all of you.

Saying prayers for your DH too, Robin. That must have been so scary and intense. So glad they got him out.

Welcome, Lou. I find planning really helps.

Jezzie8 02-24-2013 07:18 AM

Sorry to hear of the shooting tragedy & the broken leg! Positive thoughts & prayers are coming to you all.

My movie night was an indulgence - 1822 for calories yesterday :(
The movie was great - Identity Thief - lots of laughs which is good for the soul. Need to sneak in some sugar free treats to have on top of the small popcorn, with butter. Did sneak in a bottle of water instead of having pop.

Sun is shining today, just might have to get out of the house in between making dinner & laundry, etc....

Gotta love weekends trying to cram everything into two days!

Robingen 02-24-2013 01:52 PM

Thanks all for your words of support. Just came home from the hospital and surgery went well. His leg is broken in 5 places and so they installed plates and screws.

Darlene I went 4k today with my dog. I needed the walk. I am so glad we decided to do it. Unfortunately my total is 9.6 k so I am short. I could have easily done the other .4 today but my head was in the clouds. My math brain was not working.

Jezzie that was the movie we were supposed to go see last night. Glad it's funny the trailer looks good. Maybe next weekend. I find if I eat dinner before I go the small popcorn is enough.

Despite all the chaos of my weekend my goals were met other than today's water. It was cold again today, I was cold all day. I think that's the problem. I drank coffee all day (oh yea missed the green tea as well). Most importantly I stuck to my calorie goal.