Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
It takes a long time for me to SEE results. >

It takes a long time for me to SEE results.

Community
Notices

It takes a long time for me to SEE results.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy It takes a long time for me to SEE results.

hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone can offer any support. for me, the pounds come off fast and i see dramatic results on the scale, but it is hard for me because i would love to actually SEE results. the thing is, i put on 35 pounds and it's not even really noticeable because i put weight on evenly on every inch of my body. now that i'm losing, the results are similarly unnoticeable. when i gained 35, i still fit in all of the same clothes, etc. however, they looked different and better obviously! lol....

i hope i explained that well... i'm just looking for support and motivation so i stay on track. i just started almost a month ago now, and i am proud to have made it this far, but i'm scared that not seeing changes will lead me to stray from my plan.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hello mtr12345

I have found it take a good 20 pound to really notice weight loss so hang in there. I will happen
Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

thank you!

Originally Posted by ahappieru
Hello mtr12345

I have found it take a good 20 pound to really notice weight loss so hang in there. I will happen
Old 02-16-2013, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

It's supposed to be on average 10 pounds per dress size. (Don't know if you are a man or woman though) haha.

Did you do your measurements as well? There is a place to log that.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Dont Give Up!!!

I found this picture online a few days ago, and I love it. It is suppose to keep you motivated.
http://it-takes-4-weeks-for-you-to-n...eeks-dont-quit
Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JessieBunny
I found this picture online a few days ago, and I love it. It is suppose to keep you motivated.
Excellent!!! So true.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JessieBunny
i love it! thanks!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

I have found that taking measurements shows even better than the scale. I gain and loose all over too, same clothes but tighter too. Measurements is a great way to see even small results.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

I am sorry if i read your original post wrong, however if it has only been a month i would try and give yourself a little longer to notice the results you desire. I would also caution you on expecting results as quickly as the pictures you see in some of the magazines, you know the ones where the person gos from fat to ripped in 90 days sorry it just does not happen that way!! I have found with my dieting the first 4-6 weeks i notice weight loss and not much change in appearance, however after that amount of time through proper nutrition your metabolism is really starting to get into gear. I play the game of around week 4-6 weeks try on a pair of pants that are still a little snug make a mental note and then if i have stayed dilligent to my diet and workouts i try on the same pair around week 10, you will be pleased i am sure.