FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/11/13 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9124-7-day-motivational-thread-2-11-13-a.html)

Robingen 02-11-2013 11:55 AM

Jezzie I bought some quinoa at the behest of my "eating clean" neighbour. I have no idea what to do with it. lol. I am not very adventurous when it comes to cooking.

wildbeanerz 02-11-2013 11:55 AM

I am back. 20lbs heavier and not happy about it. I am NOT looking for pity just maybe someone that has been there too. I have not been doing what I need to do since about August of last year and it shows. I half heartedly put forth effort for a week or so then get derailed again. So here I am.

I am making one goal this week.

IF YOU START IT, FINISH IT.

This goes for so much stuff in my life right now from dishes and laundry to glasses of water, workouts and bigger home projects. I am realistic and know that not all things can be finished the same day but I know what I need to do.

Thanks in advance for welcoming me back.

cjohnson728 02-11-2013 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 95524)
I am back. 20lbs heavier and not happy about it. I am NOT looking for pity just maybe someone that has been there too. I have not been doing what I need to do since about August of last year and it shows. I half heartedly put forth effort for a week or so then get derailed again. So here I am.

I am making one goal this week.

IF YOU START IT, FINISH IT.

This goes for so much stuff in my life right now from dishes and laundry to glasses of water, workouts and bigger home projects. I am realistic and know that not all things can be finished the same day but I know what I need to do.

Thanks in advance for welcoming me back.

W00T, W00T, welcome back!

01gt4.6 02-11-2013 12:16 PM

Welcome back April! I can't say that I've been there... I AM THERE!

Where your ears burning yesterday?

wildbeanerz 02-11-2013 12:30 PM

Yesterday? Why? Where you talking about me? LOL

Thanks Cassie!

cjohnson728 02-11-2013 12:38 PM

I am struggling too...old patterns, working too much, not saying no, making myself the lowest priority. Time to stop, because doing what I've always done will get me what I always got, which was not healthy physically or emotionally. And my tail is being kicked on both fronts right about now.

Goals now, then I will check in later.

1. 1300 calories max daily.
2. Exercise 5 times this week.
3. Log everything.
4. Eat clean; no trigger foods.
5. 64 oz. fluids daily.
6. Take vitamins and supplements.

01gt4.6 02-11-2013 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 95528)
Yesterday? Why? Where you talking about me? LOL

Thanks Cassie!

Yeah, Hope and I were talking about some of the regulars that haven't been around lately.

Robingen 02-11-2013 12:45 PM

Hi April

Nice to meet you! I assume from what you wrote and the response that you have been here before.

Cassie- what happened? working too hard? Not putting yourself first? We know where that goes. Hope you are feeling better.

Jezzie8 02-11-2013 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 95523)
Jezzie I bought some quinoa at the behest of my "eating clean" neighbour. I have no idea what to do with it. lol. I am not very adventurous when it comes to cooking.

Hi, go to the site allrecipes.com and look for quinoa fritattas - I really like them
And of course there are other recipes to try :)

cjohnson728 02-11-2013 01:54 PM

Robin, I love this one, too Perry's Plate: Dishing up real-food recipes and really good desserts Grilled Garlic Shrimp + Quinoa with Garlic, Nuts, & Raisins But I usually cook the shrimp in a frying pan and not on the grill; it's just quicker.
And yes, I know better. I just did not practice what I preach. I have a light week this week, relatively, so no better time to get back on track.

And as Jezzie of the lovely cat avatar says, allrecipes is a great site...you can search by ingredient, so go there and type in quinoa; you will find quite a few possibilities.