Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/11/13

Old 02-17-2013, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, hi. Aw, that must have been really upsetting for your son to park just fine and then forgetting to signal. I can see how he'd forget--I doubt I'd think to signal if I was in a vacant lot with no cars behind me. I hope you enjoy your shrimp in quinoa. We're having cod--my favorite fish. Stay safe and warm in the snowstorm.

Cassie, I know the feeling. I just this morning had the nerve to get on my scale, but was delighted to find I'm only 1.5 lbs. above where I left off--and some of that may be excess water. That's great your DH can do your tax returns, too. I can understand it being even more of a pain to gather all the forms, statements, and spreadsheets and make an appointment for someone else to do the return. So I must admit that even if my DH was willing to pay a tax preparer, I'd probably just go ahead and do it myself anyway. Aw, thanks for asking. GD is feeling just fine. She thought she had the beginnings of morning sickness, but it was only two days and then stopped. She's eating very healthfully. She's been having fun shopping and has decided on Winnie the Pooh for her nursery theme--which surprised me until I recalled how much she loved Winnie the Pooh as a child. Again, great job on your FitDay reports--and yesterday was pretty darned good, too! I, too, need to get cracking on exercise and water--been slacking there. Ooh, that scone sounds so yummy, especially with tea! Very English of you, my deah! Have fun with the paralell parking. Such an exciting time.

Donna, I agree with Cassie that you did a great job despite the cookies. Great job on your dietary cholesterol! Do you feel any better eating more protein? Congrats on starting your taxes. I hope you find some nice credits. I was tickled to find residential energy savings credits that I almost let slip by for insulation work and a new entry door. I was thinking it was done in late 2011, but I got off my lazy butt to go double-check my invoices and found it was from Feb. 2012. I'm restarting my Mindset Makeover tomorrow. I fell off the wagon when I hurt my back last week and couldn't exercise but I'm all better now. I do feel better than when I first started, but not like a new woman. Hoping to be tomorrow at where I left off--at 119.5 after shedding what I think could be 1.5 lbs. of water retention. I know the program works for me--just have to do the whole thing.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) HAVE FUN - YES, YES!!!! YES YES F &S recovering from fun
2) plan meals; yes and are you kidding me? It was Mardi Gras, nuff said. That last post was like War and Piece of Chicken yes, yes, yes, yes
3) stay even remotely near plan, especially lunch and breakfast- yes and there was no plan but I was OK until those chips (Blame Mike 101) sorta, sorta, um, um gotta get back to lower carb
4) stretch EVERY DAY (you should too, Mr Mike) yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
5) get back to meditation -yes and um I contemplated King Cake no, no yes, no
6) water is the new beer, drink more= N, N haven't thought of it x2 (W&TH) yes, yes
7) Have fun (however will I do that in NOLA?) Notice that is TWO of my goals!!!! I'm taking this seriously. See #1
8) Find a scale (do I even WANT to know?) N, N, I do want to know I think;Yes I found one but I was too cheap to buy it; weighed myself on a public scale (with shoes on) and it lied by trying to flatter me into thinking I am 10 pounds lighter than I prolly am. no, no I need to before I get too big for my britches

April, no two ways about it, you rock.

Mern, sorry to hear about your allergy. Hope you feel better.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
egg whites and bacon: one egg, one egg white and turkey bacon so far
tuna and salad
grilled oysters, lobster or fish and veg
Snacks:
strawberries - yup
clementines
12-15 cashews
dried kale, one serving not 4
ham or turkey and cheese roll ups
Old 02-17-2013, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
How about this???? The first of the weekend warriors that makes it through this weekend gets a fresh king cake delivered to your door next Mardi Gras!!!!!! So that means post an update early on Sat and make it through. If you are second and the loser before you flakes out... Then you get it. Either way, someone will get one.
Originally Posted by dmartz
  • Workout > 30 mins x 4: Y, Y, Y, Y
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 203, 122, 93, 162, 244
  • Protein > 50 g: 52, 55, 39, 76, 103
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, N, N, N, N
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: Y, Y, N(2), Y, Y
  • Calories < 1750: 1283, 1259, 1263, 2162, 1828
Lots of veggies, chicken and choc. truffles.
Originally Posted by dmartz
  • Workout > 30 mins x 4: Y, Y, Y, Y
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 203, 122, 93, 162, 244, 251
  • Protein > 50 g: 52, 55, 39, 76, 103, 121
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, N, N, N, N, N
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: Y, Y, N(2), Y, Y, N(2)
  • Calories < 1750: 1283, 1259, 1263, 2162, 1828,1963
Thought I was doing good, until I remembered the baguette I ate before dinner. Dinner was a slab of salmon grilled w/ citrus, onion, garlic, some peanut oil + saffron rice & broccoli. & Wine. Oh, & the oatmeal cookies for breakfast weren't good at all.

Mern, it must have been a taxing weekend. You finished your taxes and I started mine. I used to do mine so I could ferret out all the nooks and crannies of credits and deductions, but I'm getting a bit lazy in that regard.

Tomorrow is the ultimate day of you Mindset Makeover, isn't it? Do you feel like a new woman?

- Donna
Donna, c'mon down! You are the next contestant on The Weekend Warrior!

And look what is rolling around the corner! A brand new king cake! woooooo. This luxurious cake is spacious enough to take care of you and your family. This super deluxe beauty comes with a variety of interior options, that are open for your choosing.

Just PM me your address and I'll see that you get it for next year.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

OMG, that post brought back many memories of sick days on the couch as a child with Bob Barker.

Okay, maybe the wording on that was bad.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Mike that picture is hilarious!
Wow, congrats to all the weekend warriors!

Not feeling very hungry today--TTOM. Tomorrow I have to get back to exercising.
Jenn
Old 02-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
OMG, that post brought back many memories of sick days on the couch as a child with Bob Barker.

Okay, maybe the wording on that was bad.
I've heard that Bob Barker is a charmer with some swagger. Hmmm guess it could have been worse, you could have been on the couch with Drew.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Actually, I had a serious crush on Bob Barker as a child. Him and Mr. Rogers . I think that's the first time I've admitted that in public.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

OK Cassie, not even sure how to respond to that. Okay then...

Mike, now I get it. I couldn't post Sat morning; I was trying to observe Sabbath. Did anyone ever see The Big Leibowski? ("Dude, you know I don't bowl on Shabbos. " "You're not even Jewish, man, your ex wife was." "Yeah but still...") I am misquoting wildly here.

Cassie, Bob Barker? Really? I guess Mike is right: it could be Drew...
Old 02-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
you could have been on the couch with Drew.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.