FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9084-7-day-motivational-thread-beginning-2-4-13-weve-got.html)

Mern 02-04-2013 12:23 AM

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...39819672_n.jpg

Good morning, everyone! Hoping the cartoon give you all a little chuckle. :p But seriously, let's all try hard to make this one of our best weeks ever.

cjohnson728 02-04-2013 01:23 AM

Good Monday Morning, Mern, and thanks for getting us off to a smiling start :).

I am looking forward to making this one of my best weeks. I slipped on a lot of things last week as a result of getting overwhelmed. This is the constant monkey on my back, and it always results in me being my lowest priority. That is incompatible with my health and it is biting me back this morning with a vertigo spell.

This was a crazy weekend. It is almost a relief to see Monday (did I really say that?).

I will post goals in a bit.

jjrudd 02-04-2013 01:26 AM

Thanks, I needed that! I'm not going to worry too much about the number until I go to Dr next week. My weight fluctuates too.

Jenn

frenchhen3 02-04-2013 01:35 AM

I'm in this week! Sorry I have been away, life just getting in the way...

Goals:
Water at least 64 oz per day
Walk 4 days this week
Water class plus lap swimming on Wednesday
Add a fruit to my daily intake

Okay I think I can do that!

Mern 02-04-2013 02:02 AM

Will be back later to catch up with the posts. Headed for a routine eye exam.

Welcome back Frenchhen. :)

Today's planned menu:

Breakfast: just a protein shake because I'm running late.

Lunch: leftover salmon and low digestible carb pasta, spinach

Dinner: pork chop, broccoli, black soybeans, sweet & sour cucumber

Snacks: choose from almonds, another protein shake, chicken, protein bar topped with Laughing Cow Cheese,

bojibridge 02-04-2013 02:37 AM

Epic binge yesterday, holy cow! I'll just have to do damage control for the next couple of days. I was supposed to weigh in this morning but I'm going to wait. I feel like I didn't do very well last week, what with all my blood sugar shenanigans, but there's nothing to be done for it now. It's a new week, right?! Just try again this time.

amalthea1892 02-04-2013 04:13 AM

Water all day:
Log everything:
1500 cals max:
Exercise 3x this week (gym or other good workout):
Real Food (5 ingredient limit on packaged foods – 75% is a Y):

Mern - Thanks for the great start! Love the cartoon!

Cassie - Oh... yikes, vertigo?! I hope it goes away soon... this WILL be a great week, even Monday. :p

Frenchhen - Welcome back! Nice goals!

Jenn - Let's have a great week! The scale can definately wait it's turn next week!

Joanna - I am in the same boat lady - also had an epic binge Sunday... but this will be a great week!

----------

The 49ers may have lost, but the Superbowl potluck was outstanding! Buffalo chicken lasagne, beef ribs, 2 kinds of chicken wings, cheese dip, cupcakes, beer... the list goes on and on (but remarkably few veggies unless you count avocado and spinach dip). I had already planned it as a free day, but that does not mean I don't feel guilt about the binge :o.

I am back to logging food this week, and hope to lose the 2lbs that have crept onto my hips recently. It is beautiful and sunny in Cali, and I have no excuses!

01gt4.6 02-04-2013 04:18 AM

Well I started off last week strong, then I fell apart. On a good note, I weighed in at 193.4, 1.4 down from last Monday. I did work out 3 times but only walked like 2.5 miles.

I think I'm going to do the same goals for this week.

QUINNIEPOO.... WHERE ARE YOU???

cjohnson728 02-04-2013 06:01 AM

Just followed everyone's good ideas and made a smoothie for lunch. I'm curious to see how long it keeps me full. I used 1/2 cup milk, 3 oz plain Greek Yogurt, about 3/4 cup frozen raspberries and strawberries, and a handful of baby spinach. I added a packet of stevia and three ice cubes; it came in at under 200 calories. Not sure if that was too much spinach or if my blender is just lame, but after reading and hearing that you can't taste the green stuff you put in these, I was surprised to taste it. But I like the taste of spinach, so no problem. Again, thanks for the idea, all who were talking about it the past couple weeks.

Ama, hope you have a great week, too. I was thinking about you last night and hope you didn't take the loss too hard. We were very excited here in my house!

Joanna, wishing you a stable-blood-sugar week. I hope you enjoyed last night, even if you had to pay calorie-wise.

Frenchhen, welcome back! Good to see you again.

Jenn, I hope your doc appt. goes well next week...you can do this!

Mern, wishing you good news from the eye exam. I hope there are no major developments. Your menu today looks very nutritious. How are you liking the mindset program so far?

Mike, we both need to hold it together as the week progresses ;). Let's make this the week we do it.

So, goals:

1. Calories fewer than 1300 daily.
2. 64 oz. fluids, at least.
3. Exercise 5 times.
4. Follow pie chart rules.
5. Take vitamins and supplements.
6. 4 servings of fruits/veggies daily.
7. Log everything and post daily.
8. Have a positive attitude!

canary52 02-04-2013 06:21 AM

Mern, not only do I love the cartoon: I love the title of this thread!!!!!! As usual, great meal plan!!!

Cassie, I like your goals. I hope this week is easier. We gotta support you like you have supported all of us. Go Cassie!!! (me being your cheerleader)

Jenn, I think it's sensible to let go of the number for now. Good luck at the docs!!!

Joanna, new week, new start. Good luck with the blood sugar!!

Ama, sorry about the game but the food sounds great. I'm glad in a way that the Super Bowl spread my friends put out didn't tempt me. Unusual, I must say. Social eating can be so challenging.

Frenchhen! Good to see ya here!!!

Mike, hoping you stay.

As for me, this is gonna be a weird sort of disrupted week so I will do my best to be here. I will be checking in and out. My goals will be modest (and yet huge.)

canary52 02-04-2013 06:25 AM

Goals:
1) stretch
2) do the exercises the Marquis de PT gave me
3) can I please drink a little more water!!! What is up with that!!!
4) letting go does not mean giving up. So let go but....
5) don't give up. Bitter is OK for some green vegetables, but not for me.

Mern 02-04-2013 07:41 AM

Anyone know if Great Value sucralose NoCalorie Sweetener is heat stable as is Splenda, so retains it's sweetness in cooking? It comes in a yellow box like Splenda.

Cassie, best wishes with your goals this week. Wishing you a more even-keeled week so you can get that monkey off your back and give yourself the priority you deserve. Aw, I hope your vertigo clears quickly. "Are you NUTS?," she asks the psychologist. Almost a relief to see Monday! Doesn't seem "normal." LOL I was tickled today to notice that the Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Tortillas went back to a more healthful formula. The new one is 90 calories, 5 fat calories but they say zero grams of fat on the label, zero cholesterol, 35omg sodium (that's reduced, too) 14g total carbs less 9g fiber = 5 net carbs, protein 5g (up from 4g.) The formula must be changed, but comparing my last package with the new one, I don't see any changes in the ingredients or in what order they're listed. I can say this, though--they're yummy and pliable, but I also thought that about the original recipe that they changed that resulted in nutrition facts you and I didn't appreciate. So they have redeemed themselves to me. :) I intend to email them my thanks as followup to my complaint of several months ago. Your smoothie sounds delish. I wouldn't mind a prominent taste of spinach in a smoothie, either, as I love spinach cooked or raw. Eye exam went just fine, thanks. I really like the mindset program so far. It has a fantastic online support forum and also a facebook page. I signed up for both just to get answers to questions through their postings, FAQ, and newsletter. Don't have time to post with FitDay and them, too--I get all the support I need from our motivational group here. I don't have any questions to which I didn't find answers. :)

Joanna, I'm sorry to report that I also had a really bad binge last night, too. I went nuts on sweets after giving my unsolicited blessing to group memebers who were under the weather or having Superbowl parties. I was in neither category but didn't even try to curb my desire for sweets--had 2 servings of chocolate pudding, regular store bought carb laden protein bars, and a snack cake. I had only a 1 lb. net loss last week, but it's a heck of a lot better than nothing. Wishing you steady blood sugar!

Ama, hi! I hope your modification to do "real food" 75% of the time makes it easier for you. I'm going to modify my sat fat goal to an AVERAGE of 10% of total calories and my fiber to an AVERAGE of 25g. Makes it seem it seem more like an eating lifestyle than a diet, doesn't it? So glad you enjoyed the potluck and please don't beat yourself up with guilt. Isn't worth it! :) Those two lbs. will melt away soon. It's dreary and cold in Ohio.

Mike, congrats on your loss and what you DID do to earn it. :)

Hope, glad you enjoyed the cartoon. I don't know who it was (maybe Cassie) who used the "I've got this" or "You've got this" last week, but it seemed to be contageous, so I thought I'd squeeze it into this week as well. Best wishes on your disrupted week and "modest (and yet huge)" goals this week.

amalthea1892 02-04-2013 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 95223)
Ama, hope you have a great week, too. I was thinking about you last night and hope you didn't take the loss too hard. We were very excited here in my house!

Hahaha! I thought of you also Cassie! So glad ya'll had an exciting evening! We all drowned our sorrow in martini's and brew... :) Who knows, maybe the Raiders will make a come back next year and we can get excited about the SB again! LOL!!!

cjohnson728 02-04-2013 08:50 AM

Ama, thanks for the reminder about eating clean. I didn't include it in my goals, but I will amend it when I do my report.

I have a question for you or anyone else who uses this goal, though. I often hear people give a percentage, like your 75% clean...and I never understood if this is an estimate, or if it is by calories, or what. How do you interpret that?

Mern, so glad your eye appointment was okay. And thank you for letting me know about the tortillas. I had not looked at them since the change but I will check them out again now. I will also send a note; I really try to make a point to let people/companies know when they do well and make me happy, instead of just complaining. I know it's crazy to be thankful for Monday. This weekend my in-laws were here (not a bad thing, just busy), my son had district honor band (15 hours of rehearsal Friday night to Sunday AM and concert Sunday afternoon). We found a used car for him (took forever Sat), then Sat night it developed problems with the engine and is now back at the dealer for repair since yesterday, since the deal is final. I am crossing my fingers that all will work out. No work got done, nothing around the house got done; I am playing mad catch up today! But I am doing it at a normal pace instead of a frenetic one.

Hope, the way you wrote your goals out gave me quite a chuckle! I wish you well with them this week. Thanks for the cheer of support.

Robingen 02-04-2013 09:01 AM

Happy Monday everyone. For all of us who binged in the past week (this includes my cheezie binge) let's dust off and a new week starts.

I am still not exercising (besides yoga) and I am now facing the daily struggle of finding a drive to work lol, not easy. Hubby drove me to a hair appt today, waited for me, and then took me to work, I can see him getting sick of this real quick. So this is my daily priority right now. That said though I am sticking to the same goals I have had all along:

1. cals 1200-1400
2. 1 green tea a day
3. Make a healthy lunch.

Weight loss is bound to be slower until I am back to working out. This whole thing is teaching me a lot about my need to be in control and letting go and asking for help.

Caissie- you drank a cold green smoothie! And sounds like you liked it. I am not convinced that it is an adequate meal replacement myself. Good for breakfast, and or a snack. And for me it reduces my cal intake the rest of the day. But replacing lunch or supper, no not enough for me.

Good thing you like the taste of spinach. I did some reading and either banana or pineapple are the best at hiding the "green" taste. That being said there is still some green taste, I don't think it can be entirely hidden. I have been experimenting on my own and todays smoothie was delicious: 2c spinach 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup each pineapple, melon and frozen peaches. Also, I blend the spinach (or kale or whatever) alone in the blender first with water and then add the fruit.

Best wishes to everyone to get back on track or stay on track.

cjohnson728 02-04-2013 09:10 AM

Thanks for the tips, Robin! Yes, I did like it, and I didn't have to go out today in the cold and damp...the cold was the thing that was putting me off about it.

I added the spinach last, so next time I'll do it first. I think it got finer than Mern's "clippings," but probably not as fine as it would get if I had a real blender ;). I have a lot of bananas here a little past ripeness, so I'll do one of those tomorrow. I will say, hitting my fruit and veggie goal is easy peasy with smoothies!

frenchhen3 02-04-2013 09:57 AM

it's good to BE Back! I need the accountability of having to report in to you. I keep lying to myself about what I am eating. Lucky for me I have you! Thank you all for being here. Personal shout outs to come in the morning, off to yoga for now.

Mern 02-04-2013 10:22 AM

Cassie, when I agreed that Ama's goal of 75% real food was reasonable, I just took it to mean it was a hard goal to stick to 100% of the time, so her avoiding packaged foods with more than 5 ingredients 75% of the time is more doable and worth a YES or Y or whatever in her daily reports. I think most businesses do appreciate the feedback. I'm pretty sure if no one had complained about the new Xtreme Wellness Low Carb Tortillas being less healthful they wouldn't have changed the formula back again to something more healthful. I just thought it was odd the person who replied to us the first time said the issue was pliability--I didn't have any problem with that at all. I see you really did have a busy weekend. OMG on the 15 hours of rehearsal for district honor band! Aw, I hope DS's car problem is resolved. Glad you can do your catch up work at a normal pace. I forgot, what do you use in place of a blender? Luckily my "clippings" are just for kale so far. My spinach smoothies come out a little gritty in my food processor, but it's fine with me--still am able to drink it rather than needing to eat it with a spoon as I must do if I use kale.

Robin, nice simple goals. Great attitude in letting this ordeal teach you control and allowing yourself to ask for help. Wishing you well on your temporary vision loss.

amalthea1892 02-04-2013 10:44 AM

Cassie - The 75% is a number I came up with so that I could increase use of real foods while not depriving myself of everything. So the way I have figured it... out of all the food items I eat during the day at least 75% of the items should have less than 5 ingredients. For example, if I eat 10 different foods throughout the day, and if only 2-3 of them have more than 5 ingredients I would still count that as a Y. Soy milk for example has about 11 ingredients, but I put it in my coffee every morning, so I can still do that and not go red on my goal. Hummus (store bought) has 9 ingredients. Peanut butter has about 7. I hope to slowly replace these foods with brands that have less ingredients, make my own, or learn to live without them. But for now the 75% goal seems to be a challenge that I can actually meet... somedays :o.

But now you have me rethinking my own (convoluted) goal... maybe I should just allow only 2-3 food items per day that have over 5 ingredients, and ditch the percentage... hmmm. Soy milk, peanut butter, and a chocolate square for dessert would be the sins of choice most days!

01gt4.6 02-04-2013 02:02 PM

Cassie, I'll finish this week. Mondays always suck for me but youve got me Tuesday on.

Robingen 02-04-2013 02:03 PM

Ama I like your 75% goal actually - to me it just meant that of everything you eat, 75% percent of it is real food. I guess that could mean 75% or # of foods, or total calories etc. But to me it is a way of guestimating that you are on track with eating real food. I would like to do this, and have been thinking about it, but no commitment to the idea so far. I agree with Mern that it is a reasonable goal. 100 % real food would take a while to achieve if ever and, is it even necessary. So thanks Ama for your thoughts on this.

Caissie maybe someday a discussion of not putting yourself first? Seems like a familiar and common problem for us here. Putting everything else first, being a Mom, work etc. That lifestyle of sacrificing our own needs is constantly reinforced. And then we get sick. My 2 cents. And my struggle also.

Well onward with the battle. Met all my goals today.

dar n 02-04-2013 02:13 PM

Goals:
Walk Twice: M=N
Calories less than 1500: M= 1470
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: -658
No sugar: M=N

Mern 02-04-2013 02:31 PM

One thing I love about this group is that we are all interested in how others are doing even if they have a different way of eating or different goals. And I think it's great we strive to understand each other's reports and reasons for or different ways to achieve goals we don't have ourselves. :) That's why even though I found a specific support group for my 21-Day Mindset Makeover (from the Diet Free For Life book) I got a username and password just to lurk there to find answers to questions about that eating lifestyle. I get all the support I need in our motivational group here. :)

Robin, big gentle cyberhug to ya! I do hope you feel better soon. I think many of us were reared with the idea that it is a woman's duty to put herself last in order of priority all the time, and that just doesn't always work out best.

Closing down the kitchen after a protein shake that follows this post. My day was unusually busy and I didn't get in any exercise. I didn't take time to eat this morning before having to leave the house at 10AM. (DUH! It would have taken only a minute or so to mix up a protein shake and take it WITH ME!) Next chance I got to eat was after 1PM in the parking lot of my granddaughter's high school, at which time I was happy to think of the fact that I had a package of low carb tortillas among the groceries in the back of my car, so that was brunch. When I got home, though, I ate the fillings I'd have put in it. :p I spaced the rest of my meals and snacks pretty well, so my food report is good anyway, except for the fact that I'm supposed to eat my first meal 30-60 minutes after arising.

Monday Report:

Day 8 of 21-Day Mindset Makeover

Green = goal met Red = missed goal Blue = could still meet my target for an average

Calorie range 1200-1800 1317
Follow 21 Day Mindset Makeover guidelines for meal and snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. with my health management tweaks. B+
Saturated fat AVERAGE of 10% or less of total calories 11%
Net carb limit AVERAGE 25g (total carbs less fiber) 17g
Dietary fiber AVERAGE minimum 25g 28g
Cholesterol DAILY 250mg or less 232mg
Protein minimum DAILY 100g (plan is has unlimited protein) 123g
Water 64 oz. Don't think so
Exercise 5 days NO

Mern 02-04-2013 02:42 PM

Darlene, nice calories and deficit. You're kinda quiet. Are you OK? Blessings to you, too.

cjohnson728 02-04-2013 02:46 PM

Robin, I feel for you. I have had my priorities straight before, and believe me, it feels so much better physically and emotionally when I do. You can get there and so can I. Congrats on meeting your goals today.

Ama, thanks for the explanation of it being based on the number of foods. Makes sense now. Maybe I'll try to calculate what my percentage is. Gotta love Triscuits when I get the crunchy munchies...three ingredients ;).

Mern, I agree. FitDay is great; there are some things I could probably get better on another site, but I couldn't trade in this group. Glad you could snag a tortilla and get the rest of things to fall in line.

Good to see you, Darlene. Hope all is well.

Well, I am a little sad tonight. Hubby just brought me the papers to sign over the title of my van to do a (minimal) trade in for the boy's car (that is a weird, weird phrase for me to write). I took him to pre-K in that van, taught him to drive in it, and every baseball, soccer, and tennis game and match in between. Every road trip, every school function...it's like losing a member of the family :(.

cjohnson728 02-04-2013 03:33 PM

1. Calories fewer than 1300 daily. 1161
2. 64 oz. fluids, at least. Yes
3. Exercise 5 times.
4. Follow pie chart rules. Yes
5. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes
6. 4 servings of fruits/veggies daily. Yes
7. Log everything and post daily. Yes
8. Have a positive attitude! Mostly yes

dar n 02-04-2013 05:11 PM

Hi Mern and CassieThanks for the concern I bombed this weekend but instead of walking away which seems to be my eating pattern lately I figured I would just start again today. I am just bummed with myself right now I know how to do this but I seem to be sabotaging myself.:o:(

WeightlossBoo 02-04-2013 11:06 PM

Hello, I'm back again for anyone who remembers me.
Still plugging away, but seem to be losing the same 20lbs over and over for the past 2 years as my heart just hasn't been in it. I won't say that this time I vow not to slip up, but I'm a lot more focused and feel more positive. I won't promise to post everyday, as it won't happen, but I'll try pop in and say Hi often. It's great to see familiar and new faces!

I guess some goals for myself this week are to complete my food diary for my nutritional assessment next Tuesday, and to just keep going, go to every planned gym class, walk more, drink plenty of iced water, and smile!!!!!

Have a fitastic week everyone. :cool:

jjrudd 02-04-2013 11:31 PM

Hi everyone. I'm behind on making goals for the week. Had sinus pressure again yesterday (along with headache) so I didn't really feel like eating much anyway. I didn't exercise either.

Goals (starting Tues)
1. 4 fruits/veggies
2. Drink 6 glasses of water
3. Exercise 3X

Personal goals
1. Work on writing
2. Clean kitchen

I'm going to a Valentine's concert at church Sat night--there will be sweets (probably cake) so I'm going to need to have willpower to obstain. I think the fact that I have to get on a scale in 5 days will be incentive!!

Jenn

cjohnson728 02-05-2013 12:27 AM

Hi there, Boo! Welcome back; it's good to see you. A lot of us have been on and off the wagon. Your goals sound great.

Darlene, you definitely aren't alone. I keep self-sabotaging, too, and I'm still trying to figure that out. Maybe journaling would help?

Jenn, hope you feel better today. Sinus headaches are no fun!

Mern 02-05-2013 12:35 AM

I am in an exercise spurt right now, but sometimes I'm in a mode as below:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...61200981_n.jpg

cjohnson728 02-05-2013 12:41 AM

^^ :D

frenchhen3 02-05-2013 02:13 AM

Goals:
Water at least 64 oz per day m
Walk 4 days this week m
Water class plus lap swimming on Wednesday
Add a fruit to my daily intake m

I applaud all of you who can just DRINK a smoothie! I have trouble just with the word "smoothie". It just doesn't sound like something you should drink!

I tried growing kale in my garden, and it is coming along. I hope to sautee with it. Also I got pretty excited when I saw my garden center had some early spring vegetables for sale. I picked up some rhubarb, and some early tomatoes. Besides being a superfood <do a shot> what other reasons are there to eat kale? Is it flavorful? Just curious.

canary52 02-05-2013 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 95267)
I am in an exercise spurt right now, but sometimes I'm in a mode as below:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...61200981_n.jpg

If this were on Facebook, I would "like" and "share."

Hello, Weightlossboo. I do remember you. So glad to see you and you're welcome whenever you come.

Jenn, feel better!!!!

Darlene, what is that saying about it's not how many times we fall but how many times we get up. Please don't beat yourself up. We all slip.

The green drinks and smoothies sound interesting; I should try different ones. I have not been very adventurous in that regard.

Ama, the 75% plan sounds interesting, challenging. I know you can do this. You got this.

Cassie, I feel for you re the van. I can understand the sentimental value. Maybe think of it as making new memories?

Robin, congrats on meeting your goals for the day.

Mern 02-05-2013 02:25 AM

Tuesday's pre-logged menu will give me a good food report if I stick to it.

Breakfast: scrambled zero cholesterol egg substitute with turkey sausage, protein square, coffee with non-dairy creamer and almond extract
Snack: protein shake
Lunch: Spinach and light Laughing cow cheese quesadilla
Snack: almonds and black soybeans with chili powder
Dinner: cod, sauteed cabbage, mixed veggies, raw green pepper or sliced cucumbers
Evening snacks: celery stuffed with chicken salad (with ranch dressing instead of mayo), another protein shake if needed.

I have to apologize to DH when he gets back from the store. :o I showed him the exercise cartoon I posted after deliberately scrolling down in such a way that he couldn't read my signature with all my high and low weights posted. Of course he can see how obese I am--I just don't like his knowing the horrid numbers. But after he saw the cartoons he starting scrolling down to read more stuff and I snapped at him that I told him numerous times my weight loss support group posts are off limits. His memory is not very good, so he probably just forgot I've asked him many times to not read my posts or NotePad compositions for our group that I have minimized because I'm not yet finished composing. You'd think after 41 years of marriage it wouldn't bother me, but there are still a few things I find too personal or embarrassing to share with him.

canary52 02-05-2013 02:29 AM

Goals:
1) stretch - PT
2) do the exercises the Marquis de PT gave me - yes see above
3) can I please drink a little more water!!! What is up with that!!! no
4) letting go does not mean giving up. So let go but.... Noyesnoyes - I had to
5) don't give up. Bitter is OK for some green vegetables, but not for me. - woke up bitter, went to sleep not as bad
I'm adding these:
6) plan meals
7) stay close to plan
8) lighten up, Francis (thanks to Anne LaMott for inspiration)

I'm adding planning meals because I believe this helped me achieve a mini goal - even through poker (a diet nightmare) dinner out (Mern, Indian food is very interesting) and the Super Bowl. I am now 128 (!!!!!!??????!!!!) for the first time in 15 years. True, I was sad and stressed and didn't eat as much yesterday (new for me because I ususally comfort eat.) But in total, since my actual start of FD, I have lost 18 pounds. I am hoping to get to the last three by my birthday - April 26th.

Plan:
egg whites and sausage or ham (local or no nitrite)
turkey breast sandwich
fish and veg
Snacks:
nuts
dried kale
fruit
lox

Mern, I am sure DH understands it's a touchy subject. 41 years of marriage!!! And I thought my 30 was a lot!!! I often joke that it is like a "life sentence without parole." Don't think DH loves that joke...

cjohnson728 02-05-2013 02:37 AM

Hope, I didn't know you were on FB. I have one but don't use it too much. I think there are probably a lot of folks on here I'm missing; I only have a couple. I am so proud of you for seeing 128!! Congrats!

Mern, I totally had the same thing happen to me with my husband, so I understand where you are coming from. Not that he doesn't know my thought processes, feelings, stats, food plans, etc., but somehow the day I left it up on the desktop and he read it while on hold on the phone felt wrong to me and I got upset as well. But we moved on and I'm sure you all will, too.

Mern 02-05-2013 03:34 AM

Cassie, I'm glad you couldn't trade in our group, either, despite the site's struggling to make improvements. Aw, I empathize with you on signing over the title of the van--so many memories attached to cars we've used for many years with the kids. I forgot--do you already have a new car for yourself or are you getting a new one soon? Super Monday report! Yep, you've got this! I have a Facebook account but rarely use it--mostly if friends tell me they posted pictures. Thanks for sharing your similar feelings about spouses reading our posts. It meant a lot to me that you understand my feelings--I view it the same as snooping in someone's diary or opening their personal mail from friends without permission. I made my apology to DH and then calmly explained to him again that I don't like his reading my posts, but THIS time added that it's a huge embarrassment to me that he reads my weight loss stats and private thoughts to my "weight loss buddies" even though my obesity is staring him right in the face on a daily basis. He said in an understanding voice, "OK" like he has so many times in the past. I'll just have to quit minimizing my post compositions and save them on NotePad on my hard drive to a place where he won't have easy access to them. He doesn't know how to do anything on the hard drive--just on the Internet. I'll also take my username and password off the description below my FitDay desktop icon and when I want him to see a shared cartoon, I'll show it to him from the cartoon's original website address, not from our motivational group. I can be in control of this situation if I'm diligent enough.

Darlene, kudos for starting fresh yesterday after bombing this weekend. If you had time to read the weekend posts, you'll see you were not alone. I sabotaged myself, too and my scale confirmed it, but I'm with you on the fresh start. I'm up a pound and a half from 2/1, so I'm going to finally acknowledge it in my signature. BUT WE CAN DO THIS!

Boo, welcome back! Being refocused and feeling more positive is a headstart on losing those 20 lbs. again and keeping it off. I have at least that much to lose all over again. Yeah, pop in as much as you can and we'll be here for you. Kudos on the wonderful goals you have! You have a fitastic week, too. :)

Jenn, my heart goes out to you on the sinus pressure. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Best wishes on your nice goals, too. :) Can you eat something before you go to the Valentine's concert and tote a protein bar or something in your purse that you could eat there to keep you away from the sweets being served?

Frenchhen, you don't have to put green stuff in your smoothie. Some people whir yogurt, milk, and fruit (like banana, blueberries, strawberries) until smooth like a milkshake. Adding a little protein powder is also nice. Your garden sounds great! I LOVE the taste of kale either raw or cooked. The flavor is somewhat strong--some say it's an acquired taste.

Hope, OMG!!!!! MAJOR KUDOS on the 128!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!! I got the exercise cartoon from my mindset makeover's Facebook page. :p I got an empathetic kick out of how you worded your goals this week. I'll bet you WILL lose those last three lbs. by April 26! What a nice birthday gift to yourself! :) LOL on our menus again today: both with eggs and sausage for breakfast and fish for dinner. Kudos on your 30 years of marriage. "Life sentence without parole." Hee Hee Hee

bojibridge 02-05-2013 03:53 AM

So... I weighed in this morning. It wasn't pretty and I got pretty dang upset about it. But it did make me really think back about last week and realize that even with all the low blood sugars (which I fully realize are out of my control) I did eat a lot of unnecessary food. I don't know that I deserved to see quite the high number that I got, but what are you gonna do? I do think that this kind of thing is part of the reason why I like weighing in daily - maybe I could have realized just how off the rails I was going and caught it earlier before I was up 45 million pounds from last week. I'm trying really hard to not be discouraged and extra pissed right now. Basically, despite all my workouts I've been doing for the past 6 weeks, I've gotten nowhere, and it's really pissing me off. Really. A lot.

01gt4.6 02-05-2013 04:05 AM

Hope, awesome job on the 128!!!