Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Old 01-29-2013, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Mike - Poor Chloe, I am sorry to hear she was hurting so bad on your walk… I hope she feels better on a new diet and with some rest. Very sensible goals this week!

Mern - As always I am amazed at how you are able to juggle your diet to fit into specific percentages in your pie chart. I hope your new plan continues to provide you with success! The 14 ingredients were just for the pasta alone with no sauce - but now that I think about it that was tri-color pasta (DS picked it out). I bet that was why there were so many ingredients. I don't like black coffee either, but if I remember to take a small thermos of milk to work I can avoid the dry creamer provided by the office, and still stay under 5 ingredients.

Cassie - Yep it was the pasta! But I think it was tri-color so it makes sense now why the list was so long. Unfortunately I already threw out the box, but will check next time I am in the pasta isle. I always make my own sauce out of veggies so no preservative there. But I always love new recipes!!! The best sauce I ever learned to make was from a Sicilian woman (I took an Italian cooking class last year). It was a red sauce which she called "gravy" and it takes several hours to make. If you have any recipes you would like to send my way I would appreciate it! I need to get on the Food Facts site and research butter/substitutes - it is a tricky one for sure, almost lesser of evils decision on what to buy. PS - 1301 is awesome!

Donna - I'll try the yogurt in smoothies! Haven't tried that yet but sounds yummy! But we did try kale… but too much…need to cut back on the kale! The 5 ingredients goal is proving to be really tough to meet, but I figure it is making me read labels again consistently, and I am cutting out things that I would normally just eat without thinking about it. I think I'll change my goal to about 75% a Y. At least I could see some green that way!

Tori - I have a specific hatred for the treadmill as well - boring as heck to walk in place for 20 min or so. My gym has TVs on each treadmill, but I never bring a headset so I just try to read lips. Nice goals this week! Poor Jassi, and you for being apart so much! I hope the house hunting goes well so that the 3 of you can settle in together soon!

Robin - I hope you feel better soon! Doesn't sound like the flu though so that is good! Best wishes to you this week!

Hope - What is your big day all about? Did you have an assignment to do for your class? I like all the pretty blue of your goals!

Joanna - How do you make your popcorn? I have recently tried making it the old-fashioned way, in a pot with some coconut oil. But it is bland… if I get the butter thing figured out maybe I can improve upon it. You have some big goals this week - are those grant proposals?

Jenn - Good goals! Yay you got your exercise in, kept your carbs/protein in range and you are logging! Best of luck to you this week!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Daily vitamin: Y
Nothing out of a box, can, bag, bottle or package that has more than 5 ingredients listed on the label: N, but if I change this to 75% then Y,
Drink lots of H2O: Y
Be mindful of portion sizes: Y
Exercise 3x this week: Not yet.

DS woke up with an eye infection this morning, so I am home from work, probably for the entire week with him. Poor baby - I had to wash his eyes with warm water to even get them open this morning. I have eye drops to put in every few hours, but pre-school is out, can't infect the rest of the class, so we will do the best we can. Just praying that DH and I don't get the infection... with Superbowl Sunday coming up it would be tragic to miss out on the party. The 49ers are in it to win it, and for us California folk it is a very big deal!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone I am here and in for the week. I worked a double shift yesterday for inventory so calories were probably good as I was to busy to eat a lot and was running around like a crazy person. I will calculate calories tonight and catch up on the posts but for now its back to work for me. Have a great day everyone.

Goals:
Walk Twice:
Calories less than 1500:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
No sugar:
Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
the usual

1. Drink 6 glasses of water Mon only 5 Tues already up to 6!!
2. Keep within carb/protein limit Mon 140/65 (a little over), Tues 130/30 Thinking of mixing some leftover yogurt with some fruit for snack so I'll still be in range.
3. Exercise 5X 30min Mon 30, Tues 35plus up and down stairs doing laundry
4. 4 fruits/veggies Mon 2.5Tues 4
5. Log yes,yes
6. Don't focus on number on scale hmm trying, yes

Jenn
Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, aw, I hope your DS has a speedy recovery from the eye infection. I hope you and DH don't get it. I remember once as a kid having such a bad eye infection that I woke up with my eyes glued shut, too, and I was scared to death because I thought I had gone blind during the night. I think I was about five years old and my dad bathed them open with warm water as you did your son's. I also hope you are able to somewhat enjoy your mandated time off work to care for him. Congratulations on your Monday report. Well done! Thanks so much for your encouragement. Some days I have to spend a LOT of time juggling the numbers and I don't like that. On this plan I have to eat every two-three hours (either a meal or a snack) to keep avoid blood sugar spikes and plummets and today I was really, really short on calories. I talk a lot to my DH about how I'm doing and tonight when I told him how disappointed I was with being so short on calories and being tired of trying to juggle the numbers, he had suggestions for evening snacks to help make up the difference without going over in carbs. He usually only half listens, but really came through for me tonight. I'll be 4 grams short on fiber, but I'm ok with that as I usually easily make my target.

Darlene, well done on your food! Sounds like the inventory gave you a lot of exercise, too.

Jenn, kudos on your SPECTACULAR Monday report!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
The best sauce I ever learned to make was from a Sicilian woman (I took an Italian cooking class last year). It was a red sauce which she called "gravy" and it takes several hours to make.
I wonder if this is similar to my MIL's sauce, and yes, she grew up calling it gravy!

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Just praying that DH and I don't get the infection... with Superbowl Sunday coming up it would be tragic to miss out on the party. The 49ers are in it to win it, and for us California folk it is a very big deal!
Hmm..born and raised in Baltimore, here . Should be a good time Sunday. We have no big plans for the game, though. DS's district honor band is that weekend, so he rehearses Friday 5-9, Sat 9-9, and the concert is Sunday at 3:15...all on the other side of the county. So no parties for us!

Will try to catch up with y'all later. I haven't started dinner yet and I have a report on short notice for court, but hopefully I will at least check in. Hope you all are doing well!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

Let me jump back in for this week! Last week I was getting ready for an interview and then flew to Colorado for said interview! Got back yesterday, but sprained/broke my ankle before my first flight back. Longest flights I ever had ensued, lol! Waiting to hear back from the x-rays I had taken! But I actually find it funny; I'm just annoyed I cannot get on the elliptical now!

Goals for the rest of the week:

1) Drink 2-3 litres of water:
2) Keep under 1700 calories:
3) Drink 1-3 glass of green tea a day:
4) Stay off my foot so it can heal!:
5) Make at least one homemade meal this week:
6) Finish both classes' hw by Friday evening:

Joanna - Great job on losing 1.8 lbs! That's so close to that 2 you wanted, it definitely counts as a huge win!

Hope - Best of luck with your surgery tomorrow! Let us all know how it goes!

Mern - You're doing fabulous, as always! You're such an inspiration to keep me going forward!

Mike - Sorry about Chloe! I'm sure she's wishing she could go every day with you!

Everyone else, I need more time to actually read and not just scan, but it looks like everyone has been doing so well! Glad to be back in this week
Old 01-29-2013, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Tuesday planned menu:
Breakfast: veggie omelet topped with 1/2 ounce Laughing Cow Cheese
Snack: almonds
Lunch: tuna salad on a bed of fresh spinach, sweet & sour cucumbers
Snack: protein shake
Dinner: low carb meat loaf, sauteed green beans, low carb pasta with mushrooms
Snack: textured veggie protein "rice" pudding

Hope, questions:

1. When you report on how well you stuck to your menu, is that because you feel you didn't do well if you deviated from what you planned or do you do that in lieu of logging in the nutrition tracker? Just wondering because in my plan the author strongly recommends pre-planning but gives his blessing to change our minds as long we stay within the plan's dietary guidelines.

2. Does tofutti cream cheese taste like Philadelphia Cream Cheese?

I use Hormel or Boar's Head no preservative ham and also no nitrite bacon. Your menu tomorrow looks yummy! I LOVE squash ravioli and boiled or grilled shrimp, but not breaded or deep fried shrimp. Does your DH cook the chicken and zucchini with peppers and onions? That sounds delicious.

You have such amazing meal plans. The meatloaf and the rice pudding intrigue me.

I report on how I did because it gives me a chance to look at it side to side. I track sometimes but I can get too obsessive with it. Sometimes it almost makes me think about food too much, making me eat more!!!!

Tofutti does not taste like PHilly, not gonna lie, but it's not bad. I like it. It has some sugar but for nondairy pretty good.

I use Applegate Farms cold cuts and hot dogs; they even make sausage. No nitrites, good stuff for um ya know bad stuff like cold cuts.

DH makes the chicken with peppers, onions, zucchini and some kind of sauce using a bit of sesame oil and some amazing spices and low cal sauces. So good!!! Too good!!! I ate like a half pound of chicken last night :O

Ama, isn't the blue pretty? Gotta work on getting more of it. (Espagnol) I take writing classes to motivate me when I don't have a deadline; now I have both. Really made a breakthrough with this piece and if I don't finish it soon, I am gonna just burn it lol!!! I hope DS is better and you guys don't get it. Warm compresses really work. And wash your hands like crazy!!!

Sooooo tired. Will tawk more tomorrow. Krystal, no surgery. I already had total knee replacement in that one!!! Dr SSP. really put my knee through the wringer. He thinks it might be something having to do with (maybe sprain of) the ligament. I'm prolly goign for PT. OH. Plus the very sweet x ray tech accidentally dropped a heavy x ray plate on my bad knee. Owie. I am limping off to bed, the Advil and I.

Last edited by canary52; 01-29-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Ezkiel English muffin and Tofutti cream cheese - yes
chef salad -yes
yellowfin tuna, Asian veg and brown rice -yes but I ate very little so I have a nice meal for tomorrow OR squash ravioli and shrimp (eating out) one piece of foccacia with sweet potato spread

Snacks:
clementine -one
apple -no
tangerine -huh? don't have any. was I tripping?
kale -yes dried yum
roasted soy nuts -no, 12 raw cashews
sf biscotti -one

Plan for tomorrow
1/2 spinach bagel (the woman in the store gave it to me because I was intrigued and it was the end of the day so I guess I MUST eat at least part of it heavy sigh twist my arm - just not my knee!)
leftover tuna with hot wasabi sauce, lotta veg, tiny bit of brown rice
grilled halibut, squash
Snacks:
cashews
dried kale
cheese sticks or bologna rollups
clementine

Last edited by canary52; 01-29-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Hey guys! Still getting kicked out when I try to connect to the forums, even after clearing cookies. Manage to get in on my iPhone.

I'll update my goals tomorrow, but I think I did fine on all of them. 'Night!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.