FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/8998-7-day-motivational-thread-1-21-13-a.html)

cjohnson728 01-21-2013 02:31 AM

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13

Good Morning and Happy Monday, FitDayers ;)

I know it's a holiday for many, but I'll go ahead and start. My logging on has still been sporadic, but it is No Excuses for me this week, so complaining is not an option. Well, maybe complaining is, but not falling off the boards (or the wagon, lol)!

Goals:

1. Calories under 1300 daily.
2. Log everything; post update daily.
3. Stick to my pie chart rules
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily.
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods.
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day.
7. 64 oz. fluids daily.
8. Exercise 6 times.
9. Drive at least 5 times with the boy...last push before the test!
10. Revise HIPAA forms.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Mern 01-21-2013 02:32 AM

Today's planned and pre-logged menu:

Breakfast: egg substitute omelet with black soybeans and brussels sprouts
Snack: Carb Master Dairy Blend (like yogurt)
Lunch: low carb turkey wrap with cucumber and spinach
Snack: egg (substitute) salad spread on green pepper
Dinner: chicken breast, mushrooms, yellow squash, black soybeans
Snack: turkey breast spread with Laughing Cow Cheese, protein shake

Cassie, so glad you were able to log on yesterday!

Joanna, I hope you thought of something fun or interesting to do today to stave off boredom and bored eating, but enjoy the lazy day today if you need a break from your usually very active life.

Robin, I was on the computer web surfing so much yesterday that it was no trouble to check in here often. What was in your green smoothie? OMG-60 minutes of snowshoeing must burn a lot of calories! Way to go!

Mike, I know you need a break from tending to this group. I can see it must take up an awful lot of your free time. Thanks for all you do for us.

Donna, kudos on hitting your veggie target four out of seven days last week. Congratulations on a VERY nice week overall. :)

Hope, where are you?

Mern 01-21-2013 02:53 AM

Cassie, sometimes I think my head would explode if I couldn't complain. LOL Nice goals again. Best wishes on that!

I'm continuing my new way of eating in the way I combine and space carbs and protein. I am currently following the 21-Day Metabolism Makeover (that is used in the Food Lovers Fat Loss System) by the guidelines I could find for free online and can boast that I lost 3 1/2 lbs. in the first four days. Followers are not supposed to weigh until the 22nd day, but I peeked. :p The book alone (when found sold separately from the program system) costs more than I want to pay, even for a used copy, but I found a very similar book Diet-Free for Life that was written by a man who co-authored the Food Lovers Fat Loss System and from what I saw online it's pretty much the same guidelines. So I ordered that yesterday.

So my goals this week (part my own and part the metabolism makeover) until I learn something new will be:
Calorie minimum 1200
Saturated fat limit 10% of total calories
Dietary Cholesterol limit 250mg
Net carbs after deducting fiber 25g
Fiber 25g
Protein minimum 120g
Water 64 oz.
Exercise 5 days

cjohnson728 01-21-2013 03:07 AM

Mern, more power to you on the new tweaks! Looks like you've had a bit of success with it so far. Keep up the great work! Sounds like a solid plan and I hope it results in a lot of success for you. As I said before, if anyone can do this, you can ;).

bojibridge 01-21-2013 03:35 AM

Hey folks, I'm here for the week! I'm working on not getting frustrated at this plateau I'm on, especially since it doesn't feel like I hardly made any progress since recommitting before I got stuck. I mean, I know the deal, but it's just do frustrating, and I keep having to remind myself that good things are happening in the inside, even if I'm not seeing it on the scale. It's just like, well screw it, I'm gonna eat potato chips 'til the cows come home, since being careful and working out doesn't seem to be making any difference. It takes so much mental energy to stay on track - you guys know how it is. I basically have to never stop thinking about not eating for even a second, can't let the guard down at all. And then I see no results. And I don't even feel happier knowing I've eaten well. I feel like I'd be happier if I'd just eaten the darn chips. Argh!

Okay, vent! I think I've just been sitting at home bored for the last three days, and also, I'm frickin' sick of being a work in progress! I just want to have reached my goal already.

Haha, no really , done venting.

01gt4.6 01-21-2013 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 94580)
Mike, I know you need a break from tending to this group. I can see it must take up an awful lot of your free time. Thanks for all you do for us.

Huh? No, I've just been fat and lazy. :o

I'll come up with some goals for this week. One will be do put in 10 miles this week.

cjohnson728 01-21-2013 03:39 AM

Joanna, I'm sorry for your frustration :(. Hold the line, girlfriend; that plateau will bust and the scale will drop on down. Sometimes I think plateaus are nature's way of testing us to see if we're really serious ;).

You can do this! Hide your scale for a little while.

Robingen 01-21-2013 03:55 AM

Mern: Glad you peaked at the scale! It is very apparent to me that it motivated you, on this new eating plan. The smoothie had a head of romaine, 2 apples, a banana, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, water and ice. (2 servings) It's called "apple cinnamon green smoothie" and it was really not bad. Went to the store today to pick up some more ingredients (organic) to play around with.

It's hard to judge the calorie burn on the snowshoeing because the amount of snow you are treking through makes a big difference. My buddy makes sure we go through some unbroken spots to "work the glutes". I think that the overall cal burn is similar to lap swimming and running.

To Joanna don't give in or give up! Remember why you are doing this- as I am sure it is not just for the scale.

My goals this week continue, 1200 cals, 1 green tea, exercise 5 times, etc.

cjohnson728 01-21-2013 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 94591)
The smoothie had a head of romaine, 2 apples, a banana, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, water and ice. (2 servings) It's called "apple cinnamon green smoothie" and it was really not bad.

Robin, this is very cool. Did you just do it in a blender, or do you have a super powerful juicer or other machine? Have fun experimenting with your other ingredients!

canary52 01-21-2013 04:46 AM

I'm here!!! I'm here!!! Back with my tail between my legs. On vaca in the Caribbean, I have tried to plan, what can I say other than no more curried conch!!!! And um will try and go easy on the rice and beans. I have missed you guys!!!

Ok so small goals (still on vaca)
1) Plan meals
2) get close to plan
3) meditate (I have been and it's been amazing)
4) STRETCH (ditto)
5) Write as much as possible

Plan:
eggs and sf ww roll fresh from bakery - yes
chicken and salad
grilled fish or lobster and veg
snacks:
fruit
nuts
kippers

Computer glitchy, will try to respond to posts later. Happy ML King day all!!!

Robingen 01-21-2013 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 94593)
Robin, this is very cool. Did you just do it in a blender, or do you have a super powerful juicer or other machine? Have fun experimenting with your other ingredients!

Just a normal blender although it is a good one that does ice up quite easily.

jjrudd 01-21-2013 04:51 AM

Cassie, those goals look good (a lot of them).
Wow Mern seems like you have found a plan that works for you!

Ahh Joanna I think you and I are in the same boat today. I worked out 4 days last week, ate fairly well (had one off day) and I am up a pound today. WHAT?? And I could justify "oh maybe it's water" or whatever but I really could've done better with my eating choices. I need to realize that I will probably only lose weight if I actually stick to eating within my carb limit!

Jenn

jjrudd 01-21-2013 04:55 AM

GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits/veggies
2. Eat within carb/protein limit 130/60
3. 6 glasses of water
4. Exercise 5X 30min
5. Log 5 days
6. Keep a positive attitude

Personal goals
Finish writing prompt
Clean out kitchen cupboards

Mern 01-21-2013 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 94586)
...and I keep having to remind myself that good things are happening in the inside, even if I'm not seeing it on the scale.

Aw, Joanna, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I kept running around in circles and wound up 14 freakin' pounds heavier than at my last doctor visit in August. Sometimes I do well on exercise and sometimes I detest it. Right now I have the motivation but am having to force myself to do it. But you are so right that even though you're not seeing it on the scale, good things are happening on the inside. I recognize that it's not always easy to come up with tweaks that will work to your advantage. How about looking to come up with some new healthful snacks. Use your creativity--I did that last week and found Laughing Cow Light Cheese spread on and rolled up in deli sliced turkey breast is really delicious--to me, I mean. Or try a new food or recipe each week. Might not spur your weight loss, but it would be better than caving to chips. Huge hugs to ya!

Hope! Hi and big cyberhug to ya! ! I missed that you were on a Carribean vacation! Glad you still are! Your food plan sounds wonderful and your goals great. Enjoy!

Mike, well 10 miles is a great goal! More power to ya!

Cassie, thanks so much for your encouragement on my new tweaks. :) LOL on your take about plateaus being nature's way of testing to see if we're really serious. One thing to my advantage--it's taking me a long time to get where I want to be, but I'm too darned stubborn to give up.

Robin, nice simple goals you listed this week. Thanks for your encouragement, too. Yes, I was elated to finally see the scale moving again and I feel really refreshed and confident I can make some real progress now. Thanks for sharing the ingredients in your smoothie. I think I'll play around with making my shakes more interesting--maybe add spinach and strawberries to my low carb vanilla protein shake tomorrow. I don't have a blender--I'll see what I could do in my food processor. I was thinking about your snowshoeing last night and guessing my hip sockets and glutes would feel the burn. It may even burn more calories than swimmimg, depending on the depth and wetness/weight of the snow. I won't be doing snowshoeing, except in my imagination. :p

Jenn, I HOPE my initial success with weight loss continues. We shall see. Thanks for your encouragement. :) Best wishes with your really nice goals again this week.

Lily14212 01-21-2013 10:23 AM

hi, ITs my first day... and I can't understand my chart...

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 94579)
Good Morning and Happy Monday, FitDayers ;)

I know it's a holiday for many, but I'll go ahead and start. My logging on has still been sporadic, but it is No Excuses for me this week, so complaining is not an option. Well, maybe complaining is, but not falling off the boards (or the wagon, lol)!

Goals:

1. Calories under 1300 daily.
2. Log everything; post update daily.
3. Stick to my pie chart rules
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily.
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods.
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day.
7. 64 oz. fluids daily.
8. Exercise 6 times.
9. Drive at least 5 times with the boy...last push before the test!
10. Revise HIPAA forms.

Hope everyone has a great week!

\
w

Mern 01-21-2013 11:08 AM

Lily, hi. Welcome to our group. What chart are you talking about? Maybe if you tell us a little more we can try to help you. Is it your eating plan guidelines or directions from your doctor or what?

Robin, Cassie, anyone interested in smoothies. I don't have a blender but do have a fairly new Hamilton Beach Food Processor. I wanted to try a spinach smoothie after reading about Robin's green smoothie. I took 2 oz. fresh spinach leaves and pulsed them until finely chopped, then I added just a little bit of water at a time and whirred it on low until it got ground really well and then, still adding the water slowly, whirred it on high until I had the entire amount of liquid in there I wanted for my serving of smoothie. The spinach is not completely liquified, is slightly gritty in texture, but it's quite OK for my preferences. I used fresh spinach, pasteurized egg substitute (like Egg Beaters), vanilla protein shake powder, and a dash of nutmeg. Not bad at all. Tomorrow, when I have more carbs to spare, I'll make it again with strawberries added in at the beginning or use 6 oz. yogurt and just half the protein powder. YUM!

01gt4.6 01-21-2013 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lily14212 (Post 94606)
\
w

:confused::confused: Can you be a little more specific?

01gt4.6 01-21-2013 11:47 AM

Quick check in, just got home and about to head out the door for pool league.

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 94586)
Hey folks, I'm here for the week! I'm working on not getting frustrated at this plateau I'm on, especially since it doesn't feel like I hardly made any progress since recommitting before I got stuck. I mean, I know the deal, but it's just do frustrating, and I keep having to remind myself that good things are happening in the inside, even if I'm not seeing it on the scale. It's just like, well screw it, I'm gonna eat potato chips 'til the cows come home, since being careful and working out doesn't seem to be making any difference. It takes so much mental energy to stay on track - you guys know how it is. I basically have to never stop thinking about not eating for even a second, can't let the guard down at all. And then I see no results. And I don't even feel happier knowing I've eaten well. I feel like I'd be happier if I'd just eaten the darn chips. Argh!

Okay, vent! I think I've just been sitting at home bored for the last three days, and also, I'm frickin' sick of being a work in progress! I just want to have reached my goal already.

Haha, no really , done venting.

I'm in a hurry, I'm going to read this and get back with you later.

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 94604)
Mike, well 10 miles is a great goal! More power to ya!

Woot woot, I got this. :)

bojibridge 01-21-2013 12:18 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Just a wee funk, I suppose - these things happen. Cassie, I think you're right in terms of stepping away from the scale. I think I'll wait to weigh again 'til next Monday. I'm usually pretty good about taking the vagaries of the scale in stride, and find weighing daily more encouraging than not. However, I know I'm doing good things with my eating and working out, so I probably just need to be good with that for a bit.

cjohnson728 01-21-2013 03:28 PM

Check in:

1. Calories under 1300 daily. 1276
2. Log everything; post update daily. Yes
3. Stick to my pie chart rules. Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily. Yes
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes
7. 64 oz. fluids daily. No
8. Exercise 6 times.
9. Drive at least 5 times with the boy...last push before the test! One
10. Revise HIPAA forms.

Robingen 01-21-2013 09:42 PM

For today's green smoothie I used kale (organic), banana (organic) melon, pineapple and strawberries (left over fruit tray). No additives at all. It was even better than Sunday's. The fruit completely masks the taste of the kale. Kinda high in carbs for those counting but very low cal and nutritious for those who are not. A great way for the busy people to get their fruits and veg in and before 7am!

Mern 01-22-2013 12:39 AM

Joanna, wishing you a great day.

Cassie, way to go on your Monday report! When's the boy's driving test?

Mike, ready, set, go!

Lily, wishing you a better day two.

Robin, I love kale--I THINK I like it even not cooked. I could do the melon and strawberries. Going to the store this morning--may get some kale. Thanks!

cjohnson728 01-22-2013 12:48 AM

Mern, have you ever made kale chips? I haven't, but my niece says they're fantastic.

Think I'm going to schedule for Feb 15...it's the next day school is out that the DMV is open. :eek:

Robin, thanks for the ideas! I keep thinking I want to try it but I hate cold drinks in the winter :o.

Have a great day, all...I'm off for an assessment but will be back later.

dmartz 01-22-2013 01:48 AM

Mon

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 166,
  • Exercise > 30 mins x 3:
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: Y(4)
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 82
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1445
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective): (Lots of fresh fruit)
Same goals as last week, without the obsession goal. It occurred to me that some might consider logging everything I eat as an obsession. But I've come to view it as a strength rather than a character flaw. I'll just call it 'Focus.'

Hope: Perhaps your daughter was a bit testy because she was going back to school and you were going on vacation?

Joanna: Don't give up on your goals! In my experence, the scale always moves discretely, rather than continuously. Stuck in one place for seemingly ever, then it will take a big jump, one way or the other!

Mern: Congrats on your successes!

canary52 01-22-2013 03:31 AM

Ok so small goals (still on vaca)
1) Plan meals - yes
2) get close to plan -meh
3) meditate (I have been and it's been amazing) yes
4) STRETCH (ditto) yes
5) Write as much as possible -no

Plan:
eggs and sf ww roll fresh from bakery - yes
chicken and salad yes
grilled fish or lobster and veg - both grilled fish and lobster (split with DH) but also a baked potato, one and a half small pieces o fbreas and a taste of DH's plaintains
snacks:
fruit -pineapple, strawberries
nuts - sf cinnamon almonds
kippers -goat cheese

but also pretzels, half a beer and a half can of ginger ale.

canary52 01-22-2013 03:33 AM

plan:

muesli and soy milk
eggs
grilled chicken or grileld lobster
veg or salad

snacks
fruit
kippers
nuts

Mern 01-22-2013 03:35 AM

Cassie, no I've never made kale chips. But I will definitely look into it. I bought fresh kale this morning. Thanks! :) It'll be so nice when your son starts driving. You know he's had good training and a lot of practice and it'll likely free up some time for yourself.

Donna, nice goals. I don't think anyone here would consider logging everything you eat as an obsession. I think most of us strive to log everything and I do believe it's one of the keys to success. Personally, I have to log every bit of food that goes into my mouth to manage my health and for any way of eating I've ever followed.

Monday Report:
Day 5 of 21 Day Metabolism Makeover

Follow plan guidelines for meal/snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. YES
Calorie minimum 1200 1239
Sat fat limit 10% of total calories 7%
Net carb limit 25g 24g
Fiber minimum 25g 26g
Dietary cholesterol under 250mg per day 249
Protein 120g minimum 173g
Water 64 oz. (I can't do the plan's 96 oz.) YES
Exercise 5 days (I won't do plan's 6 days) YES

Today's menu:
Breakfast scrambled Egg Beaters with chicken, brussels sprouts and roasted red pepper sauce (boy, was that good!)
Lunch: chicken wrap with spinach, broccoli slaw
Dinner: casserole of turkey sausage, low carb pasta, tomatoes, green pepper and onion, sliced cucumbers
Snacks: choose from green smoothies, almonds, strawberries. and will try some kale chips if I have time.

cemk52 01-22-2013 03:36 AM

End of 1st Week Using FitDay

Hi all! I was a bit confused yesterday, couldn't find any discussion in the old thread. Didn't realize started a new thread each week! I found you guys anyway, can't hide from me.:D

Weather in the Chicago area is cold! Was -1 this morning, going up to a whopping 10 degrees.

I completed my first full week of dieting with a 3.6 lb. loss. My averages for the week were:

1,384 calories, 59 from fat and 16 from saturated fat
Carbs: 189
Fiber: 24
Protein: 63

Have a great day!

canary52 01-22-2013 03:37 AM

Mern, thanks for the welcome and for asking after me. Thank you to all who missed me (and even to those who didn't!!!) Your plan soudn delicious!! I have "menu envy." Food here is crazy exoenwsive 9and not jsut lobster I mean everything.)

Joanna, I feel your pain. I feel like these last ten pounds willNEVER come off. But let's not give up. I ahve friends who are onthis eating plan, Take Shape for Life. I was tempted to try it but not dissing anyone's plan, I am not big on pre packaged food. I am struggling so hard to do this with "real food."

Cassie, I have not had homemeade kale chips but i have gotten them many times in the health food store amd loved them. I bet they are healthier homemade. They are surprisingly high in calories and fat from the store but that is probably due to what they add to increase the yummy factor.

Hi Caty!!! Glad you "caught" us!!!

OK computer seems to be going nuts...

Mern 01-22-2013 03:43 AM

Hope, your planning meals on vacation is just awesome! I don't have the fortitude to do that. And, oh yum, doesyour menu sound delicious! Eating that well will probably negate the little extra controlled portions of treats of pretzels, beer, and ginger ale. :) Wishing you another fantastic day!

Mern 01-22-2013 04:00 AM

Caty, major kudos on that 3.6 lb. loss your first week! Way to go! Sorry you had to hunt for us. Yeah, we start a new thread each Monday. The weather here in southern Ohio is really frigid, too. It got down to -5 last night. Right now (almost noon) it's 24 above zero on my thermometer, but it feels much colder than that.

Hope, I saw several people mentioning they missed you. :) Are you on a ship or in a hotel? Is the food expensive all over the part of the Carribean where you are. Have you sought out any places where the locals eat? I've never been there so have no idea what it's like other than what you've told us so far. I hadn't heard of Take Shape for Life. Like you, I think pre-packaged foods are fine for those who want to do it, as long as they're eating balanced meals, but it's not for me. My other thing is that I like that I have time to cook my own stuff--I very seldom make a recipe exactly as in the ingredients list.

Robingen 01-22-2013 04:06 AM

There's a recipe for kale chips on allrecipes.com. Nothing to it! I am thinking of trying it in the actifry as I can use less oil.

Today is my birthday and I told my kids I do not want any cake. This is strange because it is not a diet thing at all (I am ok with splurging for my birthday). I seriously think I have detoxed my taste buds and I am kinda disgusted by cake. ???? This is not me.....who is this person? I would definitely be ok with permanently eating only clean.

I know I cannot "treat" myself though because then the carb cravings would start. yep, it's definitely an addiction.

Hey Mern, enjoy the smoothie.

Cassie, warmed up would be disgusting I think. But if you try it let us know.

bojibridge 01-22-2013 04:52 AM

Ugh, all my office mates went and got Italian for lunch and are surrounding me, eating it. I'm working on changing my attitude from, "Why can't I be eating Italian like all the (mostly) skinny people around me," to "I am going to be so much happier having made healthy lunch decisions and one day, all their fast metabolisms will have slowed down and they'll be sorry if they haven't fixed their ways." Haha, not to wish unhealthiness on my office mates, but seriously, folks.

jjrudd 01-22-2013 06:20 AM

Caty, that weight loss is awesome!!
Ha Joanna--good attitude!

I'm behind since I didn't do my goals yesterday.
GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits/veggies 3
2. Eat within carb/protein limit 130/60 NO
3. 6 glasses of water yes
4. Exercise 5X 30min yes
5. Log 5 days no
6. Keep a positive attitude yes

Personal goals
Finish writing prompt almost, interesting!
Clean out kitchen cupboards

Did 2 workouts for Wii Sports Active today which totalled 35min. It's something I enjoy doing so it makes working out not so bad.
Jenn

amalthea1892 01-22-2013 07:44 AM

Focus on whole foods, fruits and veggies: Y
Do not eat anything out of a box, can, bag, bottle or package that has more than 5 ingredients listed on the label: Y
Vitamin daily: N
Lots of water: Y
Work hard: M - took a holiday so N
Stay positive ;-) : Y

Robin - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I have been blending breakfast lately as well – I found that a handful of blueberries make most any combination of smoothie ingredients taste great!

Joanna – Sorry about your frustrations yesterday. You are doing really great!!! Love your attitude about a healthy lunch!

Mern – All I see is green! Yay! Your menu for today sounds delicious!

Jenn – Wii sounds like a fun workout!

Donna – I don’t think logging everything is obsessive at all! Good job with your Focus!

Cassie – Good luck this week! I love your No Excuses theme.

Hope – On vacation and still have a plan? Way to go!

Mike – Where are your goals? Shall we throw a few your way?

Caty – Great progress on your first week!

Lily – Welcome to FD! I am looking forward to seeing your list of goals!

quinnesec 01-22-2013 07:59 AM

Hey Everyone!

I'm still running into a lot of log on issues. It may just be the time of day that I try. Over the weekend, I couldn't get into the forums at all. Again, some issues today. Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm doing well and only 5 lbs, from my summer goal weight. :) My secret weapon has been my panini maker! I can make a low-cal, healthy lunch or supper in 10 minutes and 250 calories. It's been awesome. I have a commercial one, but you can buy a decent one for $25.

Another thing that I have been doing since the first of the year is roasting a whole chicken on Sunday, shredding it and then using the meat for lunches and suppers during the week. Today for lunch, I used a Joseph's Flatbread (90 calories), 1/2c. of my chicken seasoned with my own Mexican seasoning blend, put it in the panini maker and then topped it with fresh salsa, lettuce, tomato and onion on top. It was amazing! I roast the chicken with a dry rub, and then remove the skin, fat and bones. This way, I can season it, on demand, 100 different ways. I've done Chicken Caesar Wraps, Mexican "burritos", and used it on a bunch of different salads. It's so quick and convenient. I don't know why I've never done this before.

Time to think about supper... May do broiled shrimp or salmon tonight. Have a great day!

ToriD1012 01-22-2013 11:54 AM

Hey y'all! I'm not making goals this week, cause my heart and head just aren't in it. I've been making good choices, and logging my food, just can't seem to make any goals this week. I have a message from Mike though. And this is verbatim what he said I could say :)

"Okay, you can quote me too. "Ama, Mern, quinniepoo, whomever is looking for me... I can't get the damn forums. I've tried multiple devices with multiple browsers with no mother effing luck. So for now y'all will just have to do without me.<---- I approve this message:)"

So, that's why we've been MIA. Hope all have a great week.

quinnesec 01-22-2013 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 94642)
Caty, major kudos on that 3.6 lb. loss your first week! Way to go! Sorry you had to hunt for us. Yeah, we start a new thread each Monday. The weather here in southern Ohio is really frigid, too. It got down to -5 last night. Right now (almost noon) it's 24 above zero on my thermometer, but it feels much colder than that.

Schools have been closed here for the past two days due to the cold. The windchill has been between -25 & -35! :eek:

quinnesec 01-22-2013 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 94667)
Hey y'all! I'm not making goals this week, cause my heart and head just aren't in it. I've been making good choices, and logging my food, just can't seem to make any goals this week. I have a message from Mike though. And this is verbatim what he said I could say :)

"Okay, you can quote me too. "Ama, Mern, quinniepoo, whomever is looking for me... I can't get the damn forums. I've tried multiple devices with multiple browsers with no mother effing luck. So for now y'all will just have to do without me.<---- I approve this message:)"

So, that's why we've been MIA. Hope all have a great week.

Yep... you can tell Mike that I've been in the same boat. This afternoon is the first time that I could get on since Friday, I think.

01gt4.6 01-22-2013 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 94670)
Yep... you can tell Mike that I've been in the same boat. This afternoon is the first time that I could get on since Friday, I think.

Woot, miraculously I can get in now. Quinniepoo, rest assured we will get this issued resolved. I hope soon. I just so happened to check in, about to sit down and watch a movie.

Joanna, I didn't forget about you.

I hope the next time I try to get in and actually do get in I have enough time to get caught up.