FitDay Member

Today's planned and pre-logged menu
Breakfast: Strawberry and kale smoothie
Snack: sliced turkey
Lunch: chicken low carb quesadilla and broccoli slaw
Snack: protein shake with flaxmeal
Dinner: turkey sausage casserole, brussels sprouts
Snack: veggie burger patty

Cassie, I'm glad you enjoyed the Snoopy picture. Kudos on your fantastic Tuesday report. What is the new trigger food you discovered? Really good to learn those things about ourselves. Sorry about your all-nighter.

Darlene! Welcome back, honey! What are your goals? Baby steps are just fine, you know.

Ama, wow, what a great goal to not eat foods with more than 5 ingredients on the label! Sounds really healthful! I don't have the willpower to do that. Congrats on the rest of your Tuesday achievements.

Jenn, you are very generous with your encouragement. Thanks. Way to go on the apple for dessert!

Donna, great Tuesday report!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I'm currently sitting in class, but I'm having a hard time paying attention because I've learned this stuff a million times before. It's an undergrad class on special and general relativity, but I'm only in it for the general relativity, which we won't get to 'til the second half of the semester. So for now, my mind is wandering, so I'm here to grace you with my presence!

Yesterday was fine for me. I got over the fact that I wasn't eating Italian (it's not like it was high quality stuff - just from the student union here on campus.) I signed up for bootcamp classes at a local gym, and I'm really enjoying it. Usually I'd plan on doing every other day so I could still get my running in, but it's so dang cold outside that there's no way I'm running this week.

I'm still off the scale, since Monday. I think the thing that worries me about weighing in only once a week is that if I get on that scale next Monday and I haven't lost more than a few ounces, I'm gonna be royally pissed/majorly sad. Like, the import of a weigh-in seems so much more gargantuan. I think that's why I weigh in daily is because I feel like the disappointment of a bad week that occurred one day at a time might be more palatable, if that makes any sense. I mean, who cares what the scale says, right? Well, I do. Maybe I shouldn't so much, but I do. So, yeah. I think it all ties back in with how I was feeling about lunch yesterday. There's a certain "good" feeling that I get from eating well, but I'm not lying when I say that I really don't feel like I'm that much happier for having done it. I'd so much rather be eating crap. The only thing that makes it worthwhile is the results (that's what it feels like, in my head, anyway.) So if I'm not seeing results, I feel like I'm hanging on by my fingernails to doing what's healthy. I still feel deprived when I don't get to eat chips and chocolate and cream sauce and burgers. Doesn't mean I don't like my new recipes that I try, but darn it, it's not what I really want, most of the time. I want stuff with cheese - and a lot of it. I know, I know, I can have these things - in moderation, and every once in a while. I hate moderation. I hate not eating whatever the heck I want, whenever the heck I want it. Argh, I need an attitude adjustment. I'm trying. The switch has just not flipped from forcing myself every single day, every single decision, to make the right choice, to wanting to do it.

Ha, well, that rant was unexpected. Maybe my brain is fleeing from this lecture so hard that it just vomited here on the forum.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default you are beautiful and worth it

Originally Posted by bojibridge
I'm still off the scale, since Monday. I think the thing that worries me about weighing in only once a week is that if I get on that scale next Monday and I haven't lost more than a few ounces, I'm gonna be royally pissed/majorly sad. Like, the import of a weigh-in seems so much more gargantuan. I think that's why I weigh in daily is because I feel like the disappointment of a bad week that occurred one day at a time might be more palatable, if that makes any sense. I mean, who cares what the scale says, right? Well, I do. Maybe I shouldn't so much, but I do. So, yeah. I think it all ties back in with how I was feeling about lunch yesterday. There's a certain "good" feeling that I get from eating well, but I'm not lying when I say that I really don't feel like I'm that much happier for having done it. I'd so much rather be eating crap. The only thing that makes it worthwhile is the results (that's what it feels like, in my head, anyway.) So if I'm not seeing results, I feel like I'm hanging on by my fingernails to doing what's healthy. I still feel deprived when I don't get to eat chips and chocolate and cream sauce and burgers. Doesn't mean I don't like my new recipes that I try, but darn it, it's not what I really want, most of the time. I want stuff with cheese - and a lot of it. I know, I know, I can have these things - in moderation, and every once in a while. I hate moderation. I hate not eating whatever the heck I want, whenever the heck I want it. Argh, I need an attitude adjustment. I'm trying. The switch has just not flipped from forcing myself every single day, every single decision, to make the right choice, to wanting to do it.

Ha, well, that rant was unexpected. Maybe my brain is fleeing from this lecture so hard that it just vomited here on the forum.
at the last line.

I think we all have those moments. i try to only weigh myself once a week.
The title is what a friend of mine told me one time. We are eating healthy and working out because we are worth it! Just remember that!

It's easy for me to give out the advice when there are days when I look in the mirror and all I see is the double chin and stomach. When I step on the scale and think I have so much weight to lose...but for my own health I have to keep plugging along.
Jenn
Old 01-23-2013, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROBIN!!!!!

I'm a cookie/candy gal myself. Cake not so much. Whatever way you celebrated, hope it was sweet.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Ok so small goals (still on vaca)
1) Plan meals - yes, yes
2) get close to plan -meh, planning meals on vacay not working out so well...
3) meditate (I have been and it's been amazing) yes, yes
4) STRETCH (ditto) yes, yes
5) Write as much as possible -no, yes but not that much was possible I am working so much on this piece I am memorizing it already
Old 01-23-2013, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

plan:

muesli and soy milk -yes
eggs
grilled chicken or grilled lobster- lobster
veg or salad- salad

snacks
fruit _ too much pineapple
kippers -yes
nuts -some cashews

goat cheese on small whole hwet bread
hummus and chips3 ginger cookies
pretzels
1/2 ginger ale
sf gummi candy

So I ate what I planned plus. Hard to stay onthe stright and narrow on vacay. Plus NOT having a scale is not helping tho admittedly I do NOT have to weigh myself twice a day (obsessive, much?)

Mern, I am renting a condo in Turks and Caicos. Amazing beach. Unfortuantely I am soon going back to freezing cold NY soon. Ah well....
Old 01-23-2013, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Plan haha

whole wheat bread with goat cheese
chicken and salad
some fancy dinner, not gonna lie

lobster salad
nuts
blueberries
apple
Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Well, I'm currently sitting in class, but I'm having a hard time paying attention because I've learned this stuff a million times before. It's an undergrad class on special and general relativity, but I'm only in it for the general relativity, which we won't get to 'til the second half of the semester. So for now, my mind is wandering, so I'm here to grace you with my presence!

Yesterday was fine for me. I got over the fact that I wasn't eating Italian (it's not like it was high quality stuff - just from the student union here on campus.) I signed up for bootcamp classes at a local gym, and I'm really enjoying it. Usually I'd plan on doing every other day so I could still get my running in, but it's so dang cold outside that there's no way I'm running this week.

Number one, I want to say I so admire your scientific knowledge. I am thinking of taking a beginners course just so I have basic science literacy. So you rock!

I'm with you on the cheesy stuff. Man I love pizza. And i am allergic to tomatoes cheese and shouldn't eat certain carbs. I can have a little but what I want is A LOT. But you're also right in sayingit is often not that satisfying and identifying that what you wanted was crappy student food.

As for the scale, when I get on it when I get home, it aint gonna be pretty. I'm with you. I need to weigh msyelf every day. I need the number. I admit it. But I am also frustrated. So tempted to try my own Taking Shape for Life plan. I looked it up. 800-1000 calories, low carb, low sugar (tho their products have sugar) low dairy (ditto, they have dairy) no fruit in the beginning (that would be tough.) But could I stay on this long enough to banish those last pounds? And what happens when I go off?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

I tried the strawberry and kale smoothie today, but didn't have as much success with it using my food processor since I don't have a blender. I guess my spinach smoothie came out quite acceptable yesterday because the spinach leaves are so much more tender than kale. But it was still delicious--I just ate this morning's smoothie with a spoon because the kale came out the consistency of grass clippings--still needed chewing. BUT then I experimented with pulverizing the kale in my food processor to grass clipping volume/size and adding mashed strawberries, banana protein powder and just enough water to make it an oatmeal conistency and it was delicious. It'll be tomorrow's breakfast. So instead of a banana, strawberry and kale smoothie, I'll enjoy a yummy banana, strawberry and kale "clippy."

Joanna, kudos on signing up for bootcamp! It tickled me what you said about not running this week due to the extreme cold. Our community newspaper comes on Wednesday and when I saw them deliver it today, I started out the door and then changed my mind because it's so cold. DH started giggling and said he was going to the gym and would bring it in when he gets home. (So cold we're trying to limit how many times we go in and out.) I saw a tip once that suggested if you are compelled to weigh daily, to note your daily weight for information only, but to record your official weight as the average for the week. What I'm doing right now is to weigh daily and if there is a loss showing, I wait another day to see if the loss stuck, then I record an official loss in my signature. That way I'm still seeing the numbers go down and not up. Yeah, it's a mind game, but I'm OK with that. I totally understand your feelings of deprivation and hope you will get to the point where you are more comfortable and able to enjoy your craved foods in moderation. LOL on the lecture vomit!

Jenn, very compassionate and encouraging advice to Joanna about eating well and exercising because we are worth it. This is kinda disgusting, but it may make you feel better: my stomach is so huge and has fallen to to age and gravity, that I have to literally lift it up to wash under it in the shower. It's like an extra body part. Doc told me at my age it'll probably sag even more, even if I get down to an ideal goal weight, but I know I'll be healthier if and when that happens, so I try to not fret so much about it.

Hope, I'm so happy for you being able to rent a condo near an amazing beach in the Carribean! I'm sure it's very difficult planning meals on vacation. Kudos for how well you are doing on following that plus a little extra. Your extras are admirable snacks! Awesome job on all your goals! I hope you find a great plan you can do to take you to goal when you get back.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna - Forum vomit - HAHAHA! Sorry to hear how tough it has been for you. But I truely admire your persistence and determination! I have been into researching ingredients - reading what some of those listed chemicals are/can do to you is an eye opener, and can help cut a craving fast. Not that it stops me from indulging all the time, but it helps.

Mern - Coooold... I don't blame you for waiting on DH to run for the paper. I have recently found out the joy of parking my car in the garage - first place I have ever lived where that is possible! Otherwise it would be a bear on our 20ish degree mornings. It is hard-enough now to walk the 50 feet to let the chickens out every morning!

Jenn - What a beautiful sentiment!

Hope - Condo, beach, lobster anything! I am jealous! Enjoy every minute of it lady!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.