FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/8998-7-day-motivational-thread-1-21-13-a.html)

Robingen 01-22-2013 12:38 PM

Thanks Ama for the birthday wishes. I am learning to love and appreciate the fruit and veggie smoothies. I have not tried blueberries yet but am looking forward to experimenting with different ingredients.

Quinn, cold here too -35 with the windchill. I just came from tae kwon do. Fortunately the school is warm but getting into bare feet is a bit of a challenge. Looking forward to the days getting warmer and nicer!

Interesting I have still had no log on problems. I wonder if it's regional (although I have no idea why that would be). Must be very frustrating for those trying to log.

Mern 01-22-2013 01:58 PM

Closing down the kitchen.

Tuesday Report:
Day 6 of 21 Day Metabolism Makeover
Adapted to my need to manage blood sugar and cholesterol

Follow plan guidelines for meal/snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. YES, YES
Calorie minimum 1200 1239, 1299
Sat fat limit 10% of total calories 7%, 9%
Net carb limit 25g 24g, 24g
Fiber minimum 25g 26g, 25g
Dietary cholesterol under 250mg per day 249, 249
Protein 120g minimum 173g, 134g
Water 64 oz. (I can't do the plan's 96 oz.) YES, YES
Exercise 5 days (I won't do plan's 6 days) YES, YES

Mern 01-22-2013 02:22 PM

ROBIN

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...y-birthday.jpg

I hope you had a lovely cakeless birthday!

I'd rather have a lemon meringue pie than cake. LOL

Mern 01-22-2013 02:54 PM

Robin, thanks for the lead a kale chip recipe. I didn't have time to do anything with it. Maybe I'll have time Wednesday. Wow, that is SUPER that you'd be OK with eating clean permanently. I surprised my chocoholic self by eating so clean the past 5 days that I had my first Hershey Sugar Free Special Dark miniature tonight since I started my new eating plan. And one was enough. :) I didn't do the kale and strawberry smoothie today because I ran out of carb allowance for the other foods I had planned. But I'll get that in tomorrow for sure.

Joanna! Wow, kudos on resisting the Italian! We have an Italian restaurant near us that DH likes to go to occasionally and I order just their meatballs with marinara sauce and cheese (no added sugar in their sauce) and a side salad with ranch dressing. But then I cave and have a lite beer with it. :p

Jenn, you had a pretty darned good day! Congrats to ya! I had to break up my 2 miles aerobic walking into one mile in the afternoon and one mile in the evening because my back is bothering me. But I got it done.

Ama, hooray for your good day on goals, too. And thanks for your encouragement on mine.

Quinn, there have been some issues logging in due to a new server being used on FitDay--it worked better for me today. Kudos on being only 5 lbs. from your summer goal weight! Ooh, I love paninis. But I can adapt that to my low carb tortillas. I use my own blend for Southwest seasoning. So thanks for planning my Wednesday lunch. I've got all those Mexican panini ingredients--tomorrow I'll make that as a low carb quesadilla! I do that, too--batch cook chicken. And I also cook it seasoned skin-on and then remove the skin. Great low fat protein for meals and snacks. Geez, it's colder where you live. Keep warm!

Tori, major kudos on making good choices despite not having concrete goals formulated.

Mike, I successfully got in a few times by clearing my browsing history/emptying my cache. I have both IE and Google Chrome. I think it was Cassie who posted that tip. Did you try that when you couldn't get on?

cjohnson728 01-22-2013 05:28 PM

Mern, that picture is so cute :).

Happy Birthday, Robin. I hope you enjoyed your day!

1. Calories under 1300 daily. 1276, 1299 (seriously)
2. Log everything; post update daily. Yes, Yes
3. Stick to my pie chart rules. Yes, Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily. Yes, Yes
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes, Not on purpose, but I discovered a new trigger food
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes, Yes
7. 64 oz. fluids daily. No, Yes
8. Exercise 6 times.
9. Drive at least 5 times with the boy...last push before the test! One, Two
10. Revise HIPAA forms.

Still trying to bust out a report for court tomorrow at 9. All-nighters were more fun in college when you could work with someone and call for pizza :(.

dar n 01-22-2013 05:40 PM

Hi :)

Trying to get back on track! Its so great to see you all still doing so well!

amalthea1892 01-22-2013 08:14 PM

Focus on whole foods, fruits and veggies: Y, Y
Do not eat anything out of a box, can, bag, bottle or package that has more than 5 ingredients listed on the label: Y, Almost (had a few chocolate covered almonds - 8 ingredients. And some butter at dinner - 14 ingredients...)
Vitamin daily: N, Y
Lots of water: Y, Y
Work hard: M - took a holiday so N, Y
Stay positive ;-) : Y, Y

cjohnson728 01-22-2013 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 94683)
Hi :)

Trying to get back on track! Its so great to see you all still doing so well!

Darlene! It's so great to have you back :D!

jjrudd 01-22-2013 11:48 PM

Happy Birthday Robin.
Ama, I like the only eating something with 5 ingredients goal.
Lots of green Mern--looks great!
Mike, glad to see you were able to log. Hi Tori!
Had apple for "dessert" last night so I got up to my 4 fruits and veggies.
Jenn

dmartz 01-23-2013 12:05 AM

Tues.

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 166, 143
  • Exercise > 30 mins x 3: Y(50m)
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: Y(4), Y(3)
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 82, 72
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1445, 1300
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective): N, Y