FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/8998-7-day-motivational-thread-1-21-13-a.html)

Robingen 01-23-2013 12:38 AM

Thanks Ama for the birthday wishes. I am learning to love and appreciate the fruit and veggie smoothies. I have not tried blueberries yet but am looking forward to experimenting with different ingredients.

Quinn, cold here too -35 with the windchill. I just came from tae kwon do. Fortunately the school is warm but getting into bare feet is a bit of a challenge. Looking forward to the days getting warmer and nicer!

Interesting I have still had no log on problems. I wonder if it's regional (although I have no idea why that would be). Must be very frustrating for those trying to log.

Mern 01-23-2013 01:58 AM

Closing down the kitchen.

Tuesday Report:
Day 6 of 21 Day Metabolism Makeover
Adapted to my need to manage blood sugar and cholesterol

Follow plan guidelines for meal/snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. YES, YES
Calorie minimum 1200 1239, 1299
Sat fat limit 10% of total calories 7%, 9%
Net carb limit 25g 24g, 24g
Fiber minimum 25g 26g, 25g
Dietary cholesterol under 250mg per day 249, 249
Protein 120g minimum 173g, 134g
Water 64 oz. (I can't do the plan's 96 oz.) YES, YES
Exercise 5 days (I won't do plan's 6 days) YES, YES

Mern 01-23-2013 02:22 AM

ROBIN

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...y-birthday.jpg

I hope you had a lovely cakeless birthday!

I'd rather have a lemon meringue pie than cake. LOL

Mern 01-23-2013 02:54 AM

Robin, thanks for the lead a kale chip recipe. I didn't have time to do anything with it. Maybe I'll have time Wednesday. Wow, that is SUPER that you'd be OK with eating clean permanently. I surprised my chocoholic self by eating so clean the past 5 days that I had my first Hershey Sugar Free Special Dark miniature tonight since I started my new eating plan. And one was enough. :) I didn't do the kale and strawberry smoothie today because I ran out of carb allowance for the other foods I had planned. But I'll get that in tomorrow for sure.

Joanna! Wow, kudos on resisting the Italian! We have an Italian restaurant near us that DH likes to go to occasionally and I order just their meatballs with marinara sauce and cheese (no added sugar in their sauce) and a side salad with ranch dressing. But then I cave and have a lite beer with it. :p

Jenn, you had a pretty darned good day! Congrats to ya! I had to break up my 2 miles aerobic walking into one mile in the afternoon and one mile in the evening because my back is bothering me. But I got it done.

Ama, hooray for your good day on goals, too. And thanks for your encouragement on mine.

Quinn, there have been some issues logging in due to a new server being used on FitDay--it worked better for me today. Kudos on being only 5 lbs. from your summer goal weight! Ooh, I love paninis. But I can adapt that to my low carb tortillas. I use my own blend for Southwest seasoning. So thanks for planning my Wednesday lunch. I've got all those Mexican panini ingredients--tomorrow I'll make that as a low carb quesadilla! I do that, too--batch cook chicken. And I also cook it seasoned skin-on and then remove the skin. Great low fat protein for meals and snacks. Geez, it's colder where you live. Keep warm!

Tori, major kudos on making good choices despite not having concrete goals formulated.

Mike, I successfully got in a few times by clearing my browsing history/emptying my cache. I have both IE and Google Chrome. I think it was Cassie who posted that tip. Did you try that when you couldn't get on?

cjohnson728 01-23-2013 05:28 AM

Mern, that picture is so cute :).

Happy Birthday, Robin. I hope you enjoyed your day!

1. Calories under 1300 daily. 1276, 1299 (seriously)
2. Log everything; post update daily. Yes, Yes
3. Stick to my pie chart rules. Yes, Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily. Yes, Yes
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes, Not on purpose, but I discovered a new trigger food
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes, Yes
7. 64 oz. fluids daily. No, Yes
8. Exercise 6 times.
9. Drive at least 5 times with the boy...last push before the test! One, Two
10. Revise HIPAA forms.

Still trying to bust out a report for court tomorrow at 9. All-nighters were more fun in college when you could work with someone and call for pizza :(.

dar n 01-23-2013 05:40 AM

Hi :)

Trying to get back on track! Its so great to see you all still doing so well!

amalthea1892 01-23-2013 08:14 AM

Focus on whole foods, fruits and veggies: Y, Y
Do not eat anything out of a box, can, bag, bottle or package that has more than 5 ingredients listed on the label: Y, Almost (had a few chocolate covered almonds - 8 ingredients. And some butter at dinner - 14 ingredients...)
Vitamin daily: N, Y
Lots of water: Y, Y
Work hard: M - took a holiday so N, Y
Stay positive ;-) : Y, Y

cjohnson728 01-23-2013 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 94683)
Hi :)

Trying to get back on track! Its so great to see you all still doing so well!

Darlene! It's so great to have you back :D!

jjrudd 01-23-2013 11:48 AM

Happy Birthday Robin.
Ama, I like the only eating something with 5 ingredients goal.
Lots of green Mern--looks great!
Mike, glad to see you were able to log. Hi Tori!
Had apple for "dessert" last night so I got up to my 4 fruits and veggies.
Jenn

dmartz 01-23-2013 12:05 PM

Tues.

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 166, 143
  • Exercise > 30 mins x 3: Y(50m)
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: Y(4), Y(3)
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 82, 72
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1445, 1300
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective): N, Y

Mern 01-23-2013 01:31 PM

Today's planned and pre-logged menu
Breakfast: Strawberry and kale smoothie
Snack: sliced turkey
Lunch: chicken low carb quesadilla and broccoli slaw
Snack: protein shake with flaxmeal
Dinner: turkey sausage casserole, brussels sprouts
Snack: veggie burger patty

Cassie, I'm glad you enjoyed the Snoopy picture. :) Kudos on your fantastic Tuesday report. What is the new trigger food you discovered? Really good to learn those things about ourselves. Sorry about your all-nighter.

Darlene! Welcome back, honey! What are your goals? Baby steps are just fine, you know.

Ama, wow, what a great goal to not eat foods with more than 5 ingredients on the label! Sounds really healthful! I don't have the willpower to do that. Congrats on the rest of your Tuesday achievements.

Jenn, you are very generous with your encouragement. Thanks. :) Way to go on the apple for dessert!

Donna, great Tuesday report!

bojibridge 01-23-2013 01:38 PM

Well, I'm currently sitting in class, but I'm having a hard time paying attention because I've learned this stuff a million times before. It's an undergrad class on special and general relativity, but I'm only in it for the general relativity, which we won't get to 'til the second half of the semester. So for now, my mind is wandering, so I'm here to grace you with my presence!

Yesterday was fine for me. I got over the fact that I wasn't eating Italian (it's not like it was high quality stuff - just from the student union here on campus.) I signed up for bootcamp classes at a local gym, and I'm really enjoying it. Usually I'd plan on doing every other day so I could still get my running in, but it's so dang cold outside that there's no way I'm running this week.

I'm still off the scale, since Monday. I think the thing that worries me about weighing in only once a week is that if I get on that scale next Monday and I haven't lost more than a few ounces, I'm gonna be royally pissed/majorly sad. Like, the import of a weigh-in seems so much more gargantuan. I think that's why I weigh in daily is because I feel like the disappointment of a bad week that occurred one day at a time might be more palatable, if that makes any sense. I mean, who cares what the scale says, right? Well, I do. Maybe I shouldn't so much, but I do. So, yeah. I think it all ties back in with how I was feeling about lunch yesterday. There's a certain "good" feeling that I get from eating well, but I'm not lying when I say that I really don't feel like I'm that much happier for having done it. I'd so much rather be eating crap. The only thing that makes it worthwhile is the results (that's what it feels like, in my head, anyway.) So if I'm not seeing results, I feel like I'm hanging on by my fingernails to doing what's healthy. I still feel deprived when I don't get to eat chips and chocolate and cream sauce and burgers. Doesn't mean I don't like my new recipes that I try, but darn it, it's not what I really want, most of the time. I want stuff with cheese - and a lot of it. I know, I know, I can have these things - in moderation, and every once in a while. I hate moderation. I hate not eating whatever the heck I want, whenever the heck I want it. Argh, I need an attitude adjustment. I'm trying. The switch has just not flipped from forcing myself every single day, every single decision, to make the right choice, to wanting to do it.

Ha, well, that rant was unexpected. Maybe my brain is fleeing from this lecture so hard that it just vomited here on the forum.

jjrudd 01-23-2013 01:53 PM

you are beautiful and worth it

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 94694)
I'm still off the scale, since Monday. I think the thing that worries me about weighing in only once a week is that if I get on that scale next Monday and I haven't lost more than a few ounces, I'm gonna be royally pissed/majorly sad. Like, the import of a weigh-in seems so much more gargantuan. I think that's why I weigh in daily is because I feel like the disappointment of a bad week that occurred one day at a time might be more palatable, if that makes any sense. I mean, who cares what the scale says, right? Well, I do. Maybe I shouldn't so much, but I do. So, yeah. I think it all ties back in with how I was feeling about lunch yesterday. There's a certain "good" feeling that I get from eating well, but I'm not lying when I say that I really don't feel like I'm that much happier for having done it. I'd so much rather be eating crap. The only thing that makes it worthwhile is the results (that's what it feels like, in my head, anyway.) So if I'm not seeing results, I feel like I'm hanging on by my fingernails to doing what's healthy. I still feel deprived when I don't get to eat chips and chocolate and cream sauce and burgers. Doesn't mean I don't like my new recipes that I try, but darn it, it's not what I really want, most of the time. I want stuff with cheese - and a lot of it. I know, I know, I can have these things - in moderation, and every once in a while. I hate moderation. I hate not eating whatever the heck I want, whenever the heck I want it. Argh, I need an attitude adjustment. I'm trying. The switch has just not flipped from forcing myself every single day, every single decision, to make the right choice, to wanting to do it.

Ha, well, that rant was unexpected. Maybe my brain is fleeing from this lecture so hard that it just vomited here on the forum.

:D at the last line.

I think we all have those moments. i try to only weigh myself once a week.
The title is what a friend of mine told me one time. We are eating healthy and working out because we are worth it! Just remember that!

It's easy for me to give out the advice when there are days when I look in the mirror and all I see is the double chin and stomach. When I step on the scale and think I have so much weight to lose...but for my own health I have to keep plugging along.
Jenn

canary52 01-23-2013 02:44 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROBIN!!!!!

I'm a cookie/candy gal myself. Cake not so much. Whatever way you celebrated, hope it was sweet.

canary52 01-23-2013 02:49 PM

Ok so small goals (still on vaca)
1) Plan meals - yes, yes
2) get close to plan -meh, planning meals on vacay not working out so well...
3) meditate (I have been and it's been amazing) yes, yes
4) STRETCH (ditto) yes, yes
5) Write as much as possible -no, yes but not that much was possible I am working so much on this piece I am memorizing it already

canary52 01-23-2013 02:56 PM

plan:

muesli and soy milk -yes
eggs
grilled chicken or grilled lobster- lobster
veg or salad- salad

snacks
fruit _ too much pineapple
kippers -yes
nuts -some cashews

goat cheese on small whole hwet bread
hummus and chips3 ginger cookies
pretzels
1/2 ginger ale
sf gummi candy

So I ate what I planned plus. Hard to stay onthe stright and narrow on vacay. Plus NOT having a scale is not helping tho admittedly I do NOT have to weigh myself twice a day (obsessive, much?)

Mern, I am renting a condo in Turks and Caicos. Amazing beach. Unfortuantely I am soon going back to freezing cold NY soon. Ah well....

canary52 01-23-2013 02:58 PM

Plan haha

whole wheat bread with goat cheese
chicken and salad
some fancy dinner, not gonna lie

lobster salad
nuts
blueberries
apple

canary52 01-23-2013 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 94694)
Well, I'm currently sitting in class, but I'm having a hard time paying attention because I've learned this stuff a million times before. It's an undergrad class on special and general relativity, but I'm only in it for the general relativity, which we won't get to 'til the second half of the semester. So for now, my mind is wandering, so I'm here to grace you with my presence!

Yesterday was fine for me. I got over the fact that I wasn't eating Italian (it's not like it was high quality stuff - just from the student union here on campus.) I signed up for bootcamp classes at a local gym, and I'm really enjoying it. Usually I'd plan on doing every other day so I could still get my running in, but it's so dang cold outside that there's no way I'm running this week.

Number one, I want to say I so admire your scientific knowledge. I am thinking of taking a beginners course just so I have basic science literacy. So you rock!

I'm with you on the cheesy stuff. Man I love pizza. And i am allergic to tomatoes cheese and shouldn't eat certain carbs. I can have a little but what I want is A LOT. But you're also right in sayingit is often not that satisfying and identifying that what you wanted was crappy student food.

As for the scale, when I get on it when I get home, it aint gonna be pretty. I'm with you. I need to weigh msyelf every day. I need the number. I admit it. But I am also frustrated. So tempted to try my own Taking Shape for Life plan. I looked it up. 800-1000 calories, low carb, low sugar (tho their products have sugar) low dairy (ditto, they have dairy) no fruit in the beginning (that would be tough.) But could I stay on this long enough to banish those last pounds? And what happens when I go off?

Mern 01-23-2013 04:16 PM

I tried the strawberry and kale smoothie today, but didn't have as much success with it using my food processor since I don't have a blender. I guess my spinach smoothie came out quite acceptable yesterday because the spinach leaves are so much more tender than kale. But it was still delicious--I just ate this morning's smoothie with a spoon because the kale came out the consistency of grass clippings--still needed chewing. BUT then I experimented with pulverizing the kale in my food processor to grass clipping volume/size and adding mashed strawberries, banana protein powder and just enough water to make it an oatmeal conistency and it was delicious. It'll be tomorrow's breakfast. So instead of a banana, strawberry and kale smoothie, I'll enjoy a yummy banana, strawberry and kale "clippy." :p

Joanna, kudos on signing up for bootcamp! It tickled me what you said about not running this week due to the extreme cold. Our community newspaper comes on Wednesday and when I saw them deliver it today, I started out the door and then changed my mind because it's so cold. DH started giggling and said he was going to the gym and would bring it in when he gets home. (So cold we're trying to limit how many times we go in and out.) I saw a tip once that suggested if you are compelled to weigh daily, to note your daily weight for information only, but to record your official weight as the average for the week. What I'm doing right now is to weigh daily and if there is a loss showing, I wait another day to see if the loss stuck, then I record an official loss in my signature. That way I'm still seeing the numbers go down and not up. Yeah, it's a mind game, but I'm OK with that. I totally understand your feelings of deprivation and hope you will get to the point where you are more comfortable and able to enjoy your craved foods in moderation. LOL on the lecture vomit! :D

Jenn, very compassionate and encouraging advice to Joanna about eating well and exercising because we are worth it. This is kinda disgusting, but it may make you feel better: my stomach is so huge and has fallen to to age and gravity, that I have to literally lift it up to wash under it in the shower. It's like an extra body part. Doc told me at my age it'll probably sag even more, even if I get down to an ideal goal weight, but I know I'll be healthier if and when that happens, so I try to not fret so much about it.

Hope, I'm so happy for you being able to rent a condo near an amazing beach in the Carribean! I'm sure it's very difficult planning meals on vacation. Kudos for how well you are doing on following that plus a little extra. Your extras are admirable snacks! Awesome job on all your goals! I hope you find a great plan you can do to take you to goal when you get back.

amalthea1892 01-23-2013 08:11 PM

Joanna - Forum vomit - HAHAHA! Sorry to hear how tough it has been for you. But I truely admire your persistence and determination! I have been into researching ingredients - reading what some of those listed chemicals are/can do to you is an eye opener, and can help cut a craving fast. Not that it stops me from indulging all the time, but it helps.

Mern - Coooold... I don't blame you for waiting on DH to run for the paper. I have recently found out the joy of parking my car in the garage - first place I have ever lived where that is possible! Otherwise it would be a bear on our 20ish degree mornings. It is hard-enough now to walk the 50 feet to let the chickens out every morning!

Jenn - What a beautiful sentiment!

Hope - Condo, beach, lobster anything! I am jealous! Enjoy every minute of it lady!

jjrudd 01-23-2013 10:06 PM

GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits/veggies 34,4
2. Eat within carb/protein limit 130/60 Mon and Wed NOTues not sure?
3. 6 glasses of water yes, yes, yes
4. Exercise 5X 30min 30, 30, 40
5. Log 5 days Mon NO, Tues had problems logging onWed yes
6. Keep a positive attitude yes, yes, yes

Jenn

01gt4.6 01-23-2013 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 94586)
Hey folks, I'm here for the week! I'm working on not getting frustrated at this plateau I'm on, especially since it doesn't feel like I hardly made any progress since recommitting before I got stuck. I mean, I know the deal, but it's just do frustrating, and I keep having to remind myself that good things are happening in the inside, even if I'm not seeing it on the scale. It's just like, well screw it, I'm gonna eat potato chips 'til the cows come home, since being careful and working out doesn't seem to be making any difference. It takes so much mental energy to stay on track - you guys know how it is. I basically have to never stop thinking about not eating for even a second, can't let the guard down at all. And then I see no results. And I don't even feel happier knowing I've eaten well. I feel like I'd be happier if I'd just eaten the darn chips. Argh!

Okay, vent! I think I've just been sitting at home bored for the last three days, and also, I'm frickin' sick of being a work in progress! I just want to have reached my goal already.

Haha, no really , done venting.

Okay, I might not be in here log before I get kicked out but wanted to address this.

I would apologize before I open my mouth but I think you know to expect ANYTHING I may blurt out. I think you may be full of s#!t, no really, in the literal sense. Not like I want to know, so you don't have to answer that part, but if it's true, it could cause you to hold on to excess weight. So if you've lost a couple "true" pounds but you aren't spending enough time on the most important seat in the house (ask any guy, he'll agree that there is no seat that is more important) it may look like a plateau. If that's the case, look into some poo poo tea. :D Target (probably Walmart) sell Organic Smooth Move by Traditional Medicinals. It works wonders, if that's the case, you'll thank me. I have mentioned it to someone else here (I won't name names) and lets just say... she likes her poo poo tea.;)

If that's not the case, maybe you just need to change your diet. Sometimes a shock to the system is all we need to kick start it. I know people that have eaten CLEAN for a long time, then they reach a plateau. You know what I tell them? Eat dirty for a meal. I tell them to go get some fried chicken, mashed taters and gravy, whatever. Nine times out of ten it works. Can you guess why? Soon after they eat it they are sitting on THAT seat. ;)

I'm at a different point than you, unfortunately. I don't think much about eating clean. In fact I find myself trying to rationalize that it's okay to eat junk and when I do, then I gut down about it.

Well, I'm out for now.

bojibridge 01-23-2013 11:18 PM

Thanks again, guys, for the encouragement. Mike - I'm actually very aware of, well, how often I go. The ironic thing is that last week was the most regular I've ever been in my life - not kidding! It was like clockwork! You might be right about the diet. I also thing part of it was that I'd started these boot camp classes and I have some inflammation from muscle soreness, etc. I appreciate the response!

01gt4.6 01-24-2013 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 94717)
Thanks again, guys, for the encouragement. Mike - I'm actually very aware of, well, how often I go. The ironic thing is that last week was the most regular I've ever been in my life - not kidding! It was like clockwork! You might be right about the diet. I also thing part of it was that I'd started these boot camp classes and I have some inflammation from muscle soreness, etc. I appreciate the response!

No problem. How has your sodium and water intake been?

Cassie and sis, Mytsie says thanks. I think shes ready to pack her bags. I hope I don't have to break the bad news to her. ;)

Mern 01-24-2013 01:27 AM

Wednesday Report:
Day 7 of 21 Day Metabolism Makeover

Follow plan guidelines for meal/snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. YES, YES,[COLOR="red"]No-knowingly went over in carbs with a Town House pretzel cracker and SF chocolate
Calorie minimum 1200 1239, 1299, 1206
Sat fat limit 10% of total calories 7%, 9%, 9%
Net carb limit 25g 24g, 24g, ]27/5g
Fiber minimum 25g 26g, 25g. 38g
Dietary cholesterol under 250mg per day 249, 249, 200mg
Protein 120g minimum 173g, 134g, 120g
Water 64 oz. (I can't do the plan's 96 oz.) YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days (I won't do plan's 6 days) YES, YES, YES

Mern 01-24-2013 01:34 AM

Whoa! I had my worst time ever trying to get logged in. I think I'll wait until morning to make replies to your posts--hopefully by then this aggravating glitch will have been resolved.

Wednesday Report:
Day 7 of 21 Day Metabolism Makeover

Follow plan guidelines for meal/snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. YES, YES, NO-knowingly went over in carbs with a Town House pretzel cracker and SF chocolate
Calorie minimum 1200 1239, 1299, 1206
Sat fat limit 10% of total calories 7%, 9%, 9%
Net carb limit 25g 24g, 24g, 27.5g
Fiber minimum 25g 26g, 25g. 38g
Dietary cholesterol under 250mg per day 249, 249, 200mg
Protein 120g minimum 173g, 134g, 120g
Water 64 oz. (I can't do the plan's 96 oz.) YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days (I won't do plan's 6 days) YES, YES, YES

cjohnson728 01-24-2013 01:59 AM

Things seem to be running very slow tonight! I'm logging in and staying in, but things take forever to load and change. Ugh.

cjohnson728 01-24-2013 03:15 AM

Sorry I'm not too chatty and responding to posts. By tomorrow evening, things should slow down a bit for me and I can get back into it. Right now I'm working on 4 hours of sleep so I'm just going to post my update and hit the bed.

1. Calories under 1300 daily. 1276, 1299 (seriously), 1278
2. Log everything; post update daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Stick to my pie chart rules. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes, Not on purpose, but I discovered a new trigger food, Only not clean food was canned soup-was rushing and I made mac and cheese for the boys and I wasn't eating that calorie bomb after having lunch catered!
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes, Yes, Yes
7. 64 oz. fluids daily. No, Yes, Yes
8. Exercise 6 times.
10. Revise HIPAA forms.

Mern...trail mix. It was trail mix. But now that I think about it, I should have known; I made it before about 2.5 years ago. It's a little spicy and a little sweet, and while it uses egg white instead of butter, it's still easy to eat too much ;).

'Night, all.

dar n 01-24-2013 03:57 AM

Hi thanks for the welcome backs Cassie and Mern.

Mern as for goals this week is about choices 1) buy new pants because I threw out my "before" clothes when I hit the "after" goal (lol) and they are now feeling very snug :( or 2) get my act together and start making healthy choices so my pants fit. 3) Continue to blame crappy work hours and stress for my eating :o or 4) plan better and make time to take care of myself after all theirs always time in my life to take care of everyone else. So having said that my goal is to think healthy and be smart about food this week and on monday I will set some real goals!

Have a great night everyone.:)

dmartz 01-24-2013 06:22 PM

Wed.

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 166, 143, 131
  • Exercise > 30 mins x 3: Y(50m)
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: Y(4), Y(3), N(2)
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 82, 72, 59
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1445, 1300, 1411
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective): N, Y, Y
Ack! Fitday servers are wacked today!

bojibridge 01-24-2013 06:27 PM

Yay, finally able to log on today! Thank goodness for my iPhone app so I could still log my food.

I had a bit of a blowout day yesterday, foodwise, but I kind of made the conscious decision to do so. I think I ended up around 2600 calories. After three weeks almost never above 1400 calories, it was a welcome change :)

jjrudd 01-24-2013 07:03 PM

Yay, I'm finally in! This is my third attempt.
I'm not even going to attempt to log but food choices not very good today!! At least I am drinking the water.

Taking the day off from exercising--a little sore this morning. Today was the first time I had been out -15 this morning without windchill. Holy cow it's cold!!!
Jenn

Mern 01-24-2013 10:27 PM

I was just lucky I had leftover plan-friendly foods in the fridge today since I couldn't pre-log my foods and figure out my portion sizes due to FitDay's server problems. I'm all logged now, including my evening snack and thanks to a having a can of tuna and some Walden Farms salad dressing I'll be able to meet all my goals without going over in carbs or fat.

I made the kale chips and they were quite good, but I made a mistake storing the cooled chips in a plastic bag and they softened. They won't go to waste, though--I'll still eat them.

Today's menu was unconventional because I wanted something different for breakfast and wanted to finish up all the leftovers. My food all day was really delicious, though:

Breakfast was the last of the casserole of turkey sausage, pasta, tomatoes, green peppers and onion
Lunch was the last of the low carb veggie soup and the last ounce of deli sliced turkey
Dinner was a fabulous chili I made from leftover lean pork I had frozen after the last pork tenderloin I cooked. I simmered the pork and black soybeans in some chicken stock and added seasonings. At the end I mixed into my portion just a tablespoon of sour cream. YUM!
Snacks: kale and banana protein powder "clippy" eaten with a spoon (like a smoothie, but eaten with a spoon because the finest I can get the kale in the food processor is the consistency of grass clippings--but the snack is totally yummy.) , kale chips, veggie burger patty, tuna with Walden Farms zero cal, zero everything salad dressing.

Ama, so you have a farm? What other animals do you have? I have very fond childhood memories of my grandparents farm. They always had chickens and a rooster, a cow, a horse, a stye of pigs, and I think a billy goat, always a hunting dog and a cat.

Cassie, OMG, so sorry you had to work on just four hours of sleep. Awesome report through Wednesday. Don't knock yourself down for not remembering from two and a half years ago that the trail mix you made was a trigger food. You do a great job the rest of the time. :) I'll bet it's delicious. Hope you got better and more sleep last night.

Darlene, kudos on having thrown out the "before" pants. I did that, too. I've still got a lonnnnnnnng way to get to an ideal weight but I don't want 24 lb. wider pants that I can grow back into. Your goal number 2 (better choices) is a good one. (Reminds me--my eight year old grandson told me this morning he's going to make better behavior choices since I told him from now on he has to EARN time on my computer. It was good for me to hear. :) ) Way to go on making time to take care of yourself. We can take care of our families without being martyrs--that's something that was hard for me to learn.

Donna, great Wednesday report! I hope FitDay is able to get the glitches fixed soon. I know they really do care and are trying.

Joanna, glad you were able to log on with your iPhone. :) Some may disagree, but I think sometimes a blowout day helps keep our body guessing and the change could be beneficial in breaking a plateau. I'm glad you enjoyed your deviation from the routine. :)

Jenn, glad you finally got on. I tried unsuccessfully so many times today that I lost count. Finally at about 6PM eastern time I was able to get back on after my post this morning. It's still really cold here, too.

Robingen 01-25-2013 01:51 AM

It's late I am tired and I just now got logged in. Unlike last week I have had lots of problems with the site this week. That being said all is well here, I have been managing to log in my food and activity just haven't been able to access forums and can't always get on for the logging either (so I have been logging it all together about once a day).

Things are well, still experimenting with the green smoothies. Tried romaine, kale and spinach with a variety of foods and they are all surprisingly good.

Getting to the gym as scheduled despite the average -36 with the wind chill.

I'll have to try to catch up on the posts later :(:confused:

cjohnson728 01-25-2013 03:47 AM

Obviously you all are aware that they're still working on the tech issues. Hang in there; they're trying and will get it resolved as soon as they can.

1. Calories under 1300 daily. 1276, 1299 (seriously), 1278, 1266
2. Log everything; post update daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Stick to my pie chart rules. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes, Not on purpose, but I discovered a new trigger food, Only not clean food was canned soup-was rushing and I made mac and cheese for the boys and I wasn't eating that calorie bomb after having lunch catered! Yes
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. 64 oz. fluids daily. No, Yes, Yes, No
8. Exercise 6 times.
10. Revise HIPAA forms. *Need to postpone this to Wed...just found out I have a report to get done this weekend

dar n 01-25-2013 05:52 AM

Glad to here its not just me struggling to get on the site, but on a good note I logged all my food and came in under 1400 today :).
Night all.

Robingen 01-25-2013 10:14 AM

Hi Cassie I hope the whole logging issue does not drive many away! That is very unfortunate.

At various times I have seen people write about discouragement over plateaus. I know what a plateau is but I decided to hunt for a more formal definition. It's such a big issue I guess and causes some people to give up.

Anyway I found this really good definition and tips on a site called "built Lean" - don't know how to insert the link and don't know if I would be allowed anyway.

Key Issues: Must be 3 weeks at the same weight to be considered a plateau. Than you have to figure out if it is a weight loss plateau or a fat loss plateau as they are not the same thing. If you are truly on a fat loss plateau, for some reason you are not burning more cals than you are taking in. Usually because you are smaller, have lost a bunch of weight, and therefore burn fewer calories.

Rarely is the "starvation mode" the explanation and usually only applies when you are consistently eating under 1000 a day.

That's my summary of it, I thought it was very helpful. Check it yourself if you are interested.

dmartz 01-25-2013 01:51 PM

Thurs.

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 166, 143, 131, 98
  • Exercise > 30 mins x 3: Y(50m), Y(45m)
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: Y(4), Y(3), N(2), Y(3)
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 82, 72, 59, 71
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1445, 1300, 1411, 1859
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective): N, Y, Y, N
Too much sugar. And I see an interval of high-cal./chol./carb. eating in my future this weekend.

Robin: The blog section of Built lean is interesting. Thanks for posting it. I was on a 'plateau' for months last year, so I don't know what to call that, other than perseverance.
I especially liked the reference photos of body fat percentage. Quite motivating!

- Donna

01gt4.6 01-25-2013 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 94733)
Yay, finally able to log on today! Thank goodness for my iPhone app so I could still log my food.

I had a bit of a blowout day yesterday, foodwise, but I kind of made the conscious decision to do so. I think I ended up around 2600 calories. After three weeks almost never above 1400 calories, it was a welcome change :)

Was there any rum cake or a blast involved? If not, go back and do it right!;)

bojibridge 01-25-2013 06:28 PM

No, I actually could have had a waaay better blowout, but it did involve a very tasty quesadilla.