Snacks:
nuts - no
cheese stick - no
almond milk shake - no
kippers or sardines -no
instead, I had red pepper slices and guacamole and some pretzels
Old 01-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Hope, I wouldn't have a very high opinion of the doctor either! Hang in there...fingers crossed and prayers that your healing is as quick and complete as possible. Also, high honors to you for finishing that walk! Way to go! Capping off the time you DIDN'T gain over vacay...I bow to you.

Got in a bit ago from doing some driving...still need some night hours for the driving log. Getting close!

I'm beat; hitting the bed. Catch you all in the AM.

1. Calories under 1300 daily. 1276, 1299 (seriously), 1278, 1266, 1272, 1293
2. Log everything; post update daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Stick to my pie chart rules. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes (little low on fiber but I'll make it up)
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes, Not on purpose, but I discovered a new trigger food, Only not clean food was canned soup-was rushing and I made mac and cheese for the boys and I wasn't eating that calorie bomb after having lunch catered! Yes, Yes, Yes
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. 64 oz. fluids daily. No, Yes, Yes, No, Yes, Yes (and then some!)
8. Exercise 6 times.
9. Drive at least 5 times with the boy...last push before the test! One, Two, Three
10. Revise HIPAA forms. *Need to postpone this to Wed...just found out I have a report to get done this weekend

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-26-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, honey, thanks. You're rocking your goals this week!!!

Good luck driving with kiddo. Have you been stomping on the imaginary break? I still do that and DD has been driivng a while!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Cassie, honey, thanks. You're rocking your goals this week!!!

Good luck driving with kiddo. Have you been stomping on the imaginary break? I still do that and DD has been driivng a while!!!
Thanks, Hope . Just need to get the exercise piece back. There's really no excuse for that.

No imaginary brake, but I do tend to grab the door handle .
Old 01-27-2013, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Default Problems logging in?

It is still a struggle for me but I wanted to pass along some hints from admin:

1. Be sure to try the method suggested by the devs if you can, which is: always keep a FD tab open in your browser. That *should* allow you to stay logged in for days at a time.

2. On any machine you have trouble logging in/staying in on, try this:

- Go to forums specifically
- Manually or otherwise delete all cookies while on that page

Tech believes it's that you have received a bad cookie and this will clear it.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for the dancing banana! Gave me a good giggle as we haven't used that for a while. Your encouragement is very much appreciated.

Thanks to all for your kind words and good wishes about our additional great-grandchild on the way.

Cassie, I've done the night feedings for two of my grandchildren but, yes, indeed, it will feel strange (yet bonding) doing it for a great-grandchild. It's just wonderful to learn that you have fond memories of growing up with your grandmother living with you. GD mostly buys and cooks her own food and I'm so tickled that she is "healthing up" her purchases, taking healthful snacks to school, and keeping healthful snacks at her fiance's house. Wow! AGAIN your reports for the whole week are absolutely AWESOME! I wanna be like you when I "grow up." Thanks for your tips on getting into the troublesome forum. Thanks to you, whenever I have problems now, I just go and clear my web browsing history and then I can get in. BUT yesterday and today I had no problems at all.

Robin, kudos on having continued university while having two children. I know it'll work out here, too--my daughter got pregnant once in high school and once in college by the same boyfriend. She and the children continued living with us until she graduated college and then she married the children's father.

Hope, as always, thanks for all your encouragement. I had an egg substitute mushroom omelet with cheese for breakfast this morning but after receiving and beginning to read my new Diet-Free for Life book yesterday I learned I'm not eating enough calories for breakfast. The chocolate almond coconut protein bars brought me up to speed as each bar, the way I cut them provides 121 calories plus low carbs and good protein. I love your menus, too. I very often get inspired by them and it keeps me from getting burned out. Kudos on your walking, you brave soul! How did you feel afterwards? OMG, how rude and uncompassionate for Dr. Scum Sucking Pig to tell you "Then don't cross your leg." Really!!!!! I can't imagine how difficult it must be to get out of a chair and to have to remember to not cross your leg. I hope the PT works and you can at least be able to rely on less painkillers. Kudos on your reports through Saturday and I hope you can enjoy more writing soon.

Donna, it's all about averages. That 320mg cholesterol on Friday followed four very low days. Kudos on that. Great effort on the veggies. You are rocking your calorie goal! So sorry your allergies are acting up. Thanks for the tips from the "Fat Chance..." I'll check out that link for your favorite tips later.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Well I am plead with how the chinese buffet went. I was hungrier than I meant to be when I got there but I ate slow, and drank plenty of water.

Had a little bit of lots of stuff and logged it the best I could. Came in at 1445 for the day (I am aiming for 1200-1400). So I am happy with that. I certainly did not eat $24.00 of food (cost for one adult buffet) but it was a wonderful time with family.

Thanks again to Caissie and Mern for some restaurant inspiration!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Robin

That's the WAY at the Chinese BUFFET! Well done!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

I second that, Robin! You did fan-freaking-tastic! Mad props to you . I also know how hard it must have been to have kids while still in the midst of your education. I had friends in grad school that did and I marveled at how they were ever able to do so, knowing I wouldn't have had the strength .

Mern, it gets even better...my other grandparents lived next door. It was just wonderful and I never had a babysitter in my life. I always loved the way it was, but I especially appreciated it after moving here, then having our son with no family around. But we did it and now my husband's parents are only a couple hours away, since they retired.

We just got back from more driving and I'm going to get some reports done before doing dinner and some granola bars, and laundry which I've put off. I hope you all are enjoying your day .
Old 01-27-2013, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys! My weekend is going fine. Nothing to report really, just wanted to stop by. I ran this afternoon - first time in a week 'cause of the stooopid weather. I'm thinking about hitting up Starbucks to do some work, but haven't decided yet. Otherwise, pretty lazy weekend. Went a little over on calories yesterday (1431) but I'm counting it as a win because I went out to dinner with friends after already having eaten dinner, so it could have been worse! Last time I did that, I ate an entire order of pad thai and crab rangoon. This time, I had a house salad with some salmon, in addition to the small (<200 calorie) sandwich I'd had earlier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.