FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/14/13 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/8951-7-day-motivational-thread-1-14-13-a.html)

jjrudd 01-14-2013 12:07 AM

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/14/13

Good morning all. Can't believe it's Mon again!!

Goals this week...
1. Drink minimum of 6 glasses of water
2. Exercise 5x for 30 min
3. Keep within carb/protein limit
4. At least 4 servings fruits and veggies

Personal goals
Clean kitchen
Tidy living room CLUTTER :eek:

Jenn

kimbur96 01-14-2013 12:17 AM

Ok going to try again this week
Goals:
Calories 1330
Water 64oz
Run 4 days
Cross train 2 days
Defeat negative thinking
Post daily
One relaxing meditation

Hope everyone has a great week :)

cjohnson728 01-14-2013 12:26 AM

Good morning, all; Jenn, thanks for starting the thread.

I'm keeping to similar goals this week. I got busy and got sad and fell off logging and posting toward the end of the week, but didn't do badly.

1. Calories 1300 or fewer.
2. Exercise: 3 runs, 3 weights.
3. 64 oz. fluids.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements.
5. Log everything, post daily.
6. Eat clean.
7. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day.
8. Drive with the boy.

bojibridge 01-14-2013 01:06 AM

I'm in for the week, too. My goals will be much the same, plus the water goal.

1.) Less than or around 1400 calories/day
2.) Follow C25k program
3.) Walk to car at least x4
4.) Drink 64 oz. water/day
5.) Figure out basal rates (pronto)

dmartz 01-14-2013 01:53 AM

Goals

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day:
  • Lift weights @ gym > 30 mins:
  • Exercise @ Home > 30 mins x 2:
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day:
  • Protein > 50 g / day:
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day:
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective):
  • Be less obsessive (subjective):
Donna

blkblueanimegrl 01-14-2013 01:59 AM

I fell off towards the end of last week too, and I believe I now have the flu :(

I'll try and check in this week, but I'm going to keep my goals simple:

Log it!
Get lots of rest
Drink plenty of water
Try and eat something healthy each day, if possible

Not really going for much of anything but trying to shake the flu. Needless to say, not fun! I hope everyone has a great week and I'll check back in soon!

quinnesec 01-14-2013 02:28 AM

I'm in...

Going to try to duplicate last week's success. I had the best week following plan in over a year, right through the weekend. After my first nice 5 lb. loss, I've hit a plateau. But, no worries... I've been there before. I know to just "keep swimming". :)

1. Keep calories within limit.
2. Drink much more... water, that is.
3. Take all vitamins and supplements.
4. Don't get discouraged if the scale doesn't drop as quickly as last week.
5. Watch pie chart percentages more closely to find where my maximum weight loss lies.

01gt4.6 01-14-2013 02:30 AM

I'm in. I fell off over the weekend and this morning wasn't so great. I'll be busy today so I think I'm going to go with my goals from last week.

ToriD1012 01-14-2013 03:18 AM

I'm here. Gonna try this climbing back on the wagon thing again. I fell off sometimes around Thursday and went bouncing down the street :o Weekends are my problem now. WHN and I are both off on the weekends now, and it's hard to stay on the wagon. So I think I'm going to try Monday-Friday and keep it reasonable on Saturday and Sunday.

Goals for the week:

1-log in and post everyday (M-F)
2-must drink water
3-treadmill, get on it and walk dammit

That's it. Simple. :fingers crossed:

Robingen 01-14-2013 04:00 AM

Good Monday morning keeners!

I certainly had some fun food over the weekend but stayed within my calorie limit. (I didn't check but I am sure I blew sodium, fortunately I am not tracking it lol).

My goals are also the same this week:

1. Exercise 5x
2. Replace at least 1 coffee with a green tea
3. Stay 1200-1400 cals.
4. Bring my lunch to work.

I have to say, that on the exercise, I have some very structured and scheduled stuff going on. I have an exercise commitment Mondays (2 actually), Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. This involves: walking, snowshoeing, weights, Tae Kwon Do. The structure makes it easier to follow even though I am busy right now. The food choices and planning are always my problem.

Robin

amalthea1892 01-14-2013 04:58 AM

Goals for Monday – Friday:

Loads of water:
Vitamin daily:
Monitor portion sizes:
Eat real food (90% is a Y):
12 min workout, 3 days this week:
Don’t stress over work…: NO

This weekend will be too hard to set goals for as I’ll be at a retreat (all meals prepared by a fantastic, but not calorie conscious, chef). But, at the very least, I’ll try to not go back for seconds.

Happy Monday everyone!

Mern 01-14-2013 09:54 AM

Nice goals, everyone! I'm in, using the same goals as usual so I'll post them in my Monday report tomorrow.

Jenn, I especially like your fruits and veggies goal. And one of my personal goals is for you to clean my kitchen. LOL

Kim, I so admire your exercise AND meditation. Good example having a goal to defeat negative thinking.

Cassie, I hope your sadness is relieved. Big hug to ya!

Krystal, get well soon!

Quinn, kudos on your loss!

Joanna, best wishes on figuring out your basal rates.

Donna, I'm especially rooting for your subjective goals.

Mike, best wishes on your goals. I'm going with last week's, too.

Tori, "reasonable" on Saturday and Sunday is good. Best wishes on sticking to that.

Robin, I got a bit of an empathetic chuckle out of your staying in your calorie limit but fortunately not tracking sodium. DH and I enjoyed a big shank portion ham last week and I can feel the water retention in my hands and feet. I took ham salad finger sandwiches to a get-together yesterday so I could start the week without the salty
temptation. :) Kudos on your exercise! Oh, wow, you put my exercise achievements to shame!

Ama, eating real food 90% of the time is an admirable goal. I hope you enjoy the retreat. Happy Monday to you, too.

kimbur96 01-14-2013 01:11 PM

exhausted from a long day.

Calories 1330 yes
Water 64ozyes
Run 4 daysyes
Cross train 2 days no
Defeat negative thinkingyes
Post dailyyes
One relaxing meditationno

not bad for a monday, off to bed now

bojibridge 01-14-2013 01:27 PM

1.) Less than or around 1400 calories/day: M - Y
2.) Follow C25k program: M - Y
3.) Walk to car at least x4: M - Y
4.) Drink 64 oz. water/day: M - Y
5.) Figure out basal rates (pronto): We'll see tonight

Had a good day today. Tomorrow is weigh-in for my family's 10 lb challenge, I guess I'll see how I measure up!

Mern 01-14-2013 01:29 PM

Joanna and Kim, nicely done! Have a great Tuesday!

cjohnson728 01-14-2013 04:38 PM

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1060
2. Exercise: 3 runs, 3 weights. One weights
3. 64 oz. fluids. Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. Log everything, post daily. Yes
6. Eat clean. Yes
7. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. 3
8. Drive with the boy (not necessarily daily). Yes

bojibridge 01-14-2013 11:58 PM

Just got back from a boot camp class - first time I've gotten up before 6 AM to workout in a looooong time! I really enjoyed it, despite the fact that I didn't notice my infusion set had come loose (ie where my insulin pump is actually connected to me) so when I checked my blood sugar when I came home it was through the roof. Something to watch out for! Anyway, the class is through a gym here that offers basically classes all day long, but it's pretty expensive. I get a free week to try it out, but I'm not sure I can afford a membership. We'll see. I like it too because it's a way to meet people that aren't undergrads. Don't get me wrong, I like undergrads, but... well, they're not my age group, and even my grad student friends are 4 or 5 years younger than me... in other words, maybe I'll meet a nice guy who's got his stuff together! ;) And also, I get to work out :D Hey, a girl can dream, right?

I think I'm figuring out my night time basal rates - bottom line is when I'm working out, they just have to be a whole heck of a lot lower than they used to be. Since I started running about a month ago, I've had to drop my rate by about 40%!

jjrudd 01-15-2013 12:05 AM

Goals this week...
1. Drink minimum of 6 glasses of water no
2. Exercise 5x for 30 min20
3. Keep within carb/protein limit yes
4. At least 4 servings fruits and veggies no, only 3

Personal goals
Clean kitchen
Tidy living room CLUTTER YES

An "alright" start to the week but could be better!
Ha Mern I can barely keep my own kitchen clean!!

Jenn

ToriD1012 01-15-2013 12:29 AM

Monday Update

1-log in and post everyday (M-F)--yes
2-must drink water--better, still not where I need to be
3-treadmill, get on it and walk dammit--no

Yesterday didn't go quite as planned, but it could have been worse. Calories were higher than I'd like, didn't drink enough water, and I didn't walk. But I did spend some quality time with The Jassi Cat. So, I'll call it a win. I've prelogged everything for today, so the guess work is taken out. If I stick to what I've logged, I'm coming in just under 1200 calories. And I promised Bubba that if he made it to the gym today, I'd do two miles. I tweaked my knee yesterday, so 2 will be tough...but I'm determined to try.

Catch up with y'all later. Happy Tuesday everyone!

Mern 01-15-2013 01:47 AM

Monday Report:

Amish cheese was delicious, which explains my high sat fat percentage. Carbs were high due to 2 servings of low fat yogurt.

Calorie range 1600-1800 1502
Saturated Fat limit 10% of total calories 21%
Dietary Cholesterol limit average 250mg 214mg
Net Carbs after deducting fiber limit 25g 31g
Fiber minimum average 25g 27g
Protein minimum average 120g 119g
Water 64 oz. NO
Exercise five days: None

Today's planned menu:
Broccoli egg subsitute omelet
Lean roast beef chef salad with ranch dressing, fresh strawberries
Veggie burger, sweet & sour cucumbers
Low carb veggie soup
Low carb Mexican lasagna, broccoli and cauliflower
snacks: almonds, protein shakes

dmartz 01-15-2013 01:52 AM

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 144
  • Lift weights @ gym > 30 mins:
  • Exercise @ Home > 30 mins x 2:
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: N(1),
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 39
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1206
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective): N
  • Be less obsessive (subjective): ~
Donna

Didn't do a thing all day, except sneeze. Ate white bread. Drank fresh orange juice. Didn't work out.

quinnesec 01-15-2013 03:26 AM

Had a great day yesterday except that I'm on day 5 of my plateau. :mad: I think that my calories might be a little low, so I'm going to try to increase them by about 150 to see if that works.

Spent all day yesterday cleaning and doing wash now that daughter has gone back to school. I miss the days (high school) when Christmas vacation was over January 2nd, not January 14th! I feel like I've lost half a month.

Have a great day and stay warm... it was -6 when I woke up this morning after nearly a week in the 40's. (...a January heatwave for us!) :eek:

cemk52 01-15-2013 04:17 AM

Started Today (January 15th)

My name is Caty. I'm 60 years old and retired from my job in April. Need to lose weight mainly to provide relief to my arthritic joints. I weighed in at 189.2 this morning. My goal is to get to 145 lbs by the fall.

I'm using the Seattle Sutton Healthy Eating program. My goals for this week are:

Eat only the foods allowed
Drink more water

Mern 01-15-2013 04:34 AM

Hi, Caty! Welcome to our group. :) I'm happy to report that although I haven't lost a whole lot of weight, the little I did lose so far with the aid of exercise has greatly alleviated my aches and pains. Best wishes with your program. I hope to see you here daily. :)

cemk52 01-15-2013 07:04 AM

Thanks Mern for the welcome!

It good to see someone in my age group. I'm also going to the gym three times a week. My fitness center also has a joint tune up program that is endorsed by the American Arthritis Association. We do joint exercises in the water. Water is typically 86 to 87 degrees, which makes it easier to get in the water. I've been doing this since right after labor day. That's another of my weekly goals: fitness training 3 days a week and joint tune up. I'm also in physical therapy for my knees which I'm doing 3 days a week. I counting that as exercise! It has helped me. Probably another months worth of PT. I'm really trying to get moving. I know during the winter months I want to sit and curl up with a good book. At least in the spring, summer and fall I can be out in my garden.:p

01gt4.6 01-15-2013 07:13 AM

I go MIA for a day and come back to page 3. :D

I will update later today. Mondays are super hectic, my food choices started off good (besides not having time for lunch). I had to skip the gym just to find time to eat supper. Later, at pool league I got hungry and had a cheeseburger and fries. Gotta love a pool hall that serves food.

Today has been good but I know I need to try to eat more. If not I'll probably pig out later.

Mern 01-15-2013 10:07 AM

OMG, dinner was soooo yummy. Mexican Sausage and Tortilla Lasagna made with low carb tortillas with a side of sweet & sour cucumbers. I'm glad I stayed on track for food so I could enjoy it. If anyone is interested, the recipe is in the Low Carb thread of the Food Forum. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post94348 post (permalink) #38 1/15/2013

Caty, you're welcome for the welcome. :) There are a few more here in our age group. I think I'm either the oldest or second oldest. Kudos on going to the gym three times a week. I'd certainly count the PT for knees as exercise. That joint tune up program sounds wonderful. One of the perks of my health insurance is that they pay for membership at the Y for people age 65 and older. So I do the Silver Sneakers Cardio Circuit that uses light impact aerobics with the aid of balls, resistance bands, and hand weights. I progressed to that from the more mild Silver Sneakers Muscle Strength and Range of Motion class. That's three times a week but if I don't get to the gym I do my Walk Away the Pounds For Abs aerobic walking DVD-- and then the other two days I go it alone on the elliptical, stationary bike, and weight machines (only four of them-- abs, back extension, triceps press, and torso rotation.) To be honest, I'd rather curl up with a good book any of the 365 days of the year. :p Sometimes I have to be strongly encourage by the group to get back to exercise as I sometimes am a slacker. Wonderful that you enjoy gardening. My DH does the garden and I prepare and enjoy the food he grows.

Mike, good for you for exercising your back and shoulders in the pool hall--and elbows getting the pool hall food to your lips. :p

quinnesec 01-15-2013 12:35 PM

Mern,
I really enjoyed my dinner tonight, too! I made baked cod, baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon and sugar (I know it sounds strange, but it's SO good!) and fruit and yogurt parfaits. Easy and so good!

Robingen 01-15-2013 01:23 PM

Mike - yep me too, it's always about time.......If I had time to properly prepare meals, if I had time to go to the gym, lol. I get it completely. Three days a week I don't go home for supper, this is really challenging me for planning (I am doing pretty good at bringing my lunch now). It's pretty rough when you have to choose between gym and supper.

Hey Mern I am so impressed to learn about the classes you go to at the Y. Getting exercise in is my strong point and I have to say you have to to be doing stuff you like so you look forward to it. I used to hate our bitter Canadian winters and stay inside all winter til I discovered that I love snowshoeing. Do you do yoga? At the Y?

bojibridge 01-15-2013 01:56 PM

1.) Less than or around 1400 calories/day: M - Y, T - Y
2.) Follow C25k program: M - Y, T - off
3.) Walk to car at least x4: M - Y, T - Y
4.) Drink 64 oz. water/day: M - Y, T - Y
5.) Figure out basal rates (pronto): Made some adjustments, fingers crossed

adyndravo1 01-15-2013 02:01 PM

:o I am feeling more myself so I am going to get back on plan with the rest of you. My goals will be much the same as last week.
I did get some exercise yesterday went out and shovel for about 40 minutes. It was a balmy 3 degrees. today ot is 8 degrees here this after noon and holding.

Drink water 10 cups
get on more veggies
exercise 4 times

hope all are doing better Krystal hope you are feeling better soon and get over the flu fast. If you know it is the flu and get to your doctor with in first 2 days the have some new flu killers available, but must get there is the first few days. n Nyda

adyndravo1 01-15-2013 02:18 PM

:) I posted and then read all the posts. Mern believe it -to get rid of rention water drink more water- it will wash the salt out
Caty I love to garden also. I live in southeast Idaho we have been lucky to get to the plus numbers, ie 5 to 8 above. I have a green house that gets used for 8 to 9 months a year. Nyda

dmartz 01-16-2013 12:15 AM

Tues Report

Tues:
  • Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 144, 35 (not a misprint)
  • Lift weights @ gym > 30 mins: (Sched. for Thurs.)
  • Exercise @ Home > 30 mins x 2: Y(50 mins)
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: N(1), Y(4)
    • Plus one serving if olives (a fruit) were to count as a veg.
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 39, 46
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1206, 1550
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective): N, ~ (I've now run out of chocolate.)
  • Be less obsessive (subjective): ~, Y (now just confused!)
Tuesday was at 60% with regard to goals. Was less obsessive in general, but not with regard to eating chocolate.

- Donna

dmartz 01-16-2013 12:38 AM

P.S.

Where is Hope? Missing her, and her meal plans ...

cjohnson728 01-16-2013 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 94366)
Where is Hope? Missing her, and her meal plans ...

I second that!

I'm here, conked out early last night (uncharacteristically but blessedly so!). I'm working on a report deadline right now but will check in later. Have a great day, all :D!

jjrudd 01-16-2013 01:38 AM

Goals this week...
1. Drink minimum of 6 glasses of water no, no
2. Exercise 5x for 30 min Mon-20 min, Tues took day off
3. Keep within carb/protein limit yes, yes
4. At least 4 servings fruits and veggies Mon and Tues 3

Personal goals
Clean kitchen
Tidy living room CLUTTER YES

Jenn

cemk52 01-16-2013 02:36 AM

I had a fairly good day yesterday. Used 1390 calories; started a yoga class ( have muscles in places I didn't know about). Really have to work on drinking more water!

My goals for today:
1500 or less calories
More water than yesterday
Exercise

Personal goals - I pick up my grandchildren from daycare today. Goal is lots of playtime!

Have a great day everyone!;)

jjrudd 01-16-2013 04:29 AM

Kitchen is clean, including washing the floor and a load of dishes done. Now I wonder how long it will stay like this??? Having friend over for coffee Sat so it will have to!!

Jenn

amalthea1892 01-16-2013 04:35 AM

Goals for Monday – Friday:

Loads of water: Sorta, Y
Vitamin daily: Y, Y
Monitor portion sizes: Y, Y
Eat real food (90% is a Y): N, Y
12 min workout, 3 days this week: Tue
Don’t stress over work…: NO, No, better!

amalthea1892 01-16-2013 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 94349)
OMG, dinner was soooo yummy. Mexican Sausage and Tortilla Lasagna made with low carb tortillas with a side of sweet & sour cucumbers. I'm glad I stayed on track for food so I could enjoy it. If anyone is interested, the recipe is in the Low Carb thread of the Food Forum. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post94348 post (permalink) #38 1/15/2013 :p

Hi Mern! I made a copy of the lasagna recipe from the link you provided - sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!