Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/14/13

Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Goals this week...
1. Drink minimum of 6 glasses of water no, no, no
2. Exercise 5x for 30 min Mon-20 min, Tues took day off, Wed none
3. Keep within carb/protein limit yes, yes, Wed yes on carb a little over on protein
4. At least 4 servings fruits and veggies Mon--Wed 3

Not a very good day for me yesterday
Jenn
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wed.

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 144, 35, 117
  • Lift weights @ gym > 30 mins:
  • Exercise @ Home > 30 mins x 2: Y(50 mins)
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: N(1), Y(4), Y(3)
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 39, 46, 81
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1206, 1550, 1888,
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective): N, ~, Y
  • Be less obsessive (subjective): ~, Y, Y
Carrots, Carrots, and ... Chuck. Went to Trader Joe's for the first time, and added some '2 Buck' to the roast I had in the fridge. Dinner got rave reviews, & I drank ~ 4 ounces of the remaining wine.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Food diary--yes!
Exercise daily--yes
staying within daily calories--yes
changing behaviors--yes! I just realized I was trying to eat every meal as if it was going to be the last one of the day--not too healthy and I don't know how I got to that point.
Water--mostly but I still need to drink more!
Post Daily--couldn't get logged in but will post daily when I can
Weigh Date--Friday

Sarah709
Old 01-17-2013, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Sarah, welcome. I like your goals. Eating healfully is a continual learning experience for me as it is for most of us. As my doc says, "You don't have to be perfect--just better than you USED to be." Best wishes.

OK, today is day 1 of my 21 Day Metabolism Makeover. I was surprised that when I planned out today's menu I was able to do it according to the program guidelines PLUS my own guidelines I must follow to keep my blood sugar and cholesterol normal without meds. IThe version of the program I chose is basically the same low carb, low sat fat foods I have enjoyed in the past, just requires eating MORE low carb veggies, combined differently with my protein and spaced differently to help speed up metabolism. I don't know it will work, but it's my best hope right now. We shall see!

Today's planned menu:

Breakfast: zero cholesterol egg substitute scrambled eggs with black soybeans and broccoli. (Just two tablespoons of roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce I chose as my allowed low fat dairy made it surprisingly good.)

Morning snack: strawberries and almonds

Lunch: lean, preservative free roast beef, veggie soup with black soybeans added instead of my planned broccoli and green beans.

Afternoon snack: low carb protein shake

Dinner: changed from salmon to turkey burger patty, green beans, asparagus

Evening snack: low carb protein shake, one wedge of light Laughing Cow Cheese spread on cucumber slices.

Off to the store to stock up for my new program.

Last edited by Mern; 01-17-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

I've had the same log on issues, as well. It lets me log on, but then when I try to go from my section to the forums, it would log me out. Today seems to be better.

My food plan, and eating in general, are going very well. After a year of struggling to focus, it seems as though "the switch" that we all talk about has finally been flipped for me. Don't know how, or why, but I'll take it. It probably had something to do with seeing a number on the scale that I hadn't seen for a long time... that will do it every time! lol After being on a plateau for about a week, the scale started to creak, ever so slowly, down again after I added about 150 cal. first thing in the morning. (I'm terrible about eating breakfast... I usually get involved in one project or another and don't surface until noon.)

Well, have to start my day. I have to look up some new recipes to try for next week and have to scout out a couple of scholarship opportunities... no, it never ends... lol.

Enjoy your day!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Ate 1269 calories yesterday. Did my joint tune up swim class but could't get motivated to get to the gym. Still struggling to get the water in.

Mern, good luck to you on your new program.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for Monday – Friday:

Loads of water: Sorta, Y, Need to focus on this more...
Vitamin daily: Y, Y, N, Y
Monitor portion sizes: Y, Y, N
Eat real food (90% is a Y): N, Y, NO
12 min workout, 3 days this week: Tue, Thu
Don’t stress over work…: NO, No, better!, Yes

I got way too hungry during the day yesterday so when DH called from the gym at 5pm and said "why don't I just pick something up" I caved and said Great! Drive thru - Ug - I am paying for it today big time. But I did good by tossing out 1/2 a pan of frosted brownies and the last few slices of pineapple upside-down cake (all from entertaining earlier in the week). And I kicked butt at the gym this morning! I love the 12 minute workout I found!!! Plus free weights and some more core exercises on top of it all and I am not dreading the gym like I used to.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

I'm changing my dinner menu due to wanting a turkey burger patty instead of salmon. And at lunch I changed up my veggies due to needing to finish up the low carb veggie soup. BUT I'll be in on target on all my goals if I follow what I now have pre-logged.

Quinn, kudos on getting your scale to move again!!! Funny how sometimes it's necessary to add calories to do that. Best wishes on the scholarship opportunities.

Caty nice job on the calories and joint tune up. Water is a struggle for me, too and I'm trying harder today but also making trips to the bathroom to "drain" a lot more often. Thanks for your good wishes on starting my new program.

Ama, well, good job on the vitamins, kick-butt workout and not stressing. Kudos on tossing out the brownies and cake.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:26 AM
FitDay Member

Smile I'm baaaaack (sorta...) :)

I'm here! And still alive! Though barely lol

Nyda, thanks for the advice! I saw this post today and actually went and saw my doctor yesterday. Yup! It is the flu, but I am on a flu pill regimen thing, lol. I am thankfully starting to feel much better, as it is starting to turn into a cold than the aches and pains and fever (etc...) I was dealing with. Not fun!!

On some good random news?? I'll be flying out to Denver, CO next weekend for a final interview with a prospective job! My friend, who works there, already thinks I'm in, and is extremely happy that I'll be moving down there with him! I'm just soo excited for this change! I haven't been able to find a job since I graduated with my undergrad. So I'll keep going with my grad degree and a (hopefully) full time job with benefits!

And another positive note?? He's just as into training and does marathons, so he as designated me his "gym" partner lol Yay! Someone to work out with!

I've started drinking a lot more water for the trip. Today I'm at 2 liters, and I want at least another half liter before bed.

But there's my check-in lol

It's so nice to see new people! You'll love these guys; they're awesome stuff!!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Krystal, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Awesome news about the prospective job and having a friend who works there! Kudos on the water intake. And I'm glad you enjoy our group.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.