7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/14/13 >

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/14/13

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/14/13

Old 01-19-2013, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Red face Argh!!!

Hello all, I screwed up my weekly weigh-in and I'm wondering what I should do. I forgot to weight in today before I got dressed (jeans, shoes, shirt and a bowl of cereal). The scale still said I lost two pounds but I'm wondering if I should take some off for all the crap I had on or just leave it at two pounds? I can't believe I forgot to do it this morning!! Gerrr to myself . . . PLEASE . . . any thoughts?

Sarah709

Food diary--yes!
Exercise daily--no
staying within daily calories--yes
changing behaviors--YES--I didn't order badly today when eating out.
Water--didn't come close--need to do better!!
Post Daily--yes
Weigh Date--Friday--MISSED THAT ONE THIS WEEK!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:31 PM
FitDay Member

Sarah, personally when I forget to weigh I just weigh myself the next day. But you could deduct maybe half a pound. You only have to be accountable to yourself, so do what makes YOU feel comfortable. Big skinny hug to ya!

P.S. Kudos on the loss the scale DID show you. Way to go!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:34 PM
FitDay Member

Sarah, another thought--you could weigh your clothes, a bowl of dry cereal, and water to account for the milk on your cereal--and deduct that from this morning's scale number.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:51 PM
FitDay Member

No excuses--just an analysis. Long story short, I did well eating until after dinner when I found I made an error in pre-logging some meat. The mistake caused me to not plan for enough calories for the day. But then later I also didn't feel like having the protein shake I had logged for an evening snack. So I ate some cheese and a turkey burger patty because I wanted them and was tired of trying to juggle the numbers and portions to make my day's achievement look good. Even with the burger patty and cheese I just barely made my 1200 minimum calories target. Tomorrow is a new day and I will do better.

Day 3 of 21 Day Metabolism Makeover

Follow plan guidelines for meal/snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. YES, YES, NO
Calorie minimum 1200 1401, 1355, 1205
Sat fat limit 10% of total calories 10%, 10% again, 20%
Net carb limit 25g 24g. 25g, 23g
Fiber minimum 25g 36g, 34g, 18g
Dietary cholesterol under 250mg per day 205mg, 242mg, 264mg
Protein 120g 145g, 158g, 110g
Water 64 oz. (I can't do the plan's 96 oz.) YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days (I won't do plan's 6 days) DAY OFF, NO, YES
Old 01-20-2013, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

I think I could join the circus, qualifying as a juggler. LOL It took me about half an hour to plan my day's menu to meet my new food guidelines with the portions of foods I want to eat today.

Here's today's menu:

Breakfast: Southwestern Egg Beaters omelet stuffed with raw yellow squash and Picante Sauce. (That was yummy--I may have it for tomorrow's breakfast, too. I find the Southwestern Egg Beaters a little spicy, but could tame them down using half of that and half regular egg substitute, if desired.)

Snack: low carb protein shake

Lunch: Turkey burger wrap with spinach and green peppers

Snack: another low carb protein shake

Dinner: baked, skinless chicken breast, black soybeans mashed with spices, brussels sprouts, cucumbers

Evening snack: Carb Masters Dairy Blend (like yogurt but with fewer carbs) with flaxmeal.

Last edited by Mern; 01-20-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, it's L-O-N-E-L-Y in here!

Hope, where'd you go?

I'm hanging in here OK today--on track with everything. Baking chicken breasts for dinner and the house smells so yummy!

Tomorrow I'll have the grandkids all day for Martin Luther King Day, so I likely won't get online much, but I'm promising now to stay on track and exercise.

Congrats to all who are doing well and huge hugs to you who are struggling.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Kind of a lazy day today. Did my physical therapy exercises, went to Target and read a little bit. Yesterday I ended up with less that 1500 calories. My cold feels better today. Also decided to add some supplements: potassium, magnesium and niacin. Didn't know about the side effects of niacin - I was pink for about 20 minutes. Did some research and studies showed niacin helps with arthritis and insomnia. I'll give it a try to see if it helps.

Mern, my 2 granddaughters are 4 and 1 (17 months). I see them every Wednesday - I pick them up from daycare as my daughter works until 6:30 p.m. I'll see them again on Saturday for the 4 year-olds' birthday party.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Caty, sounds like a nice day with the exercise, shopping and reading. I had a lazy day, too--just a wee bit of cleaning and then surfing the Internet for help on my new way of eating while I await a book I ordered. I take fish oil and red yeast rice on my doctor's recommendation to help manage high cholesterol and triglycerides with diet and no meds. What are your supplements for? And do you like being pink? Is that a normal side effect?

Aw, what great ages for grandkids--4 and 17 months. Enjoy the party Saturday!

Do you have siblings? I find it just delightful talking to my brother and sister, who are also grandparents, about things all our grandkids say and do. Sharing grandparenthood is really fun and has brought us closer together in our senior years.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

I can log in! I can log in!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here! Glad you are too, Cassie! I've had an incredibly lazy day. Kinda bored actually. Having trouble staving off bored eating. Otherwise, everything is good. Have tomorrow off, so probably more laziness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.