Community
Notices

Weekend Food Binger - Help Needed

Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Weekend Food Binger - Help Needed

[Hello Everyone:
Any and all suggestions will be considered. This is my dilema:
From Monday morning thru Friday lunch I stick with a healthy eating plan.
I can feel myself on Friday gearing up for the binge.
Yes, it's an emotinal thing I know but I can't seem to find the right elelment to get over this. I end up gaining about 3lbs.
Come Friday evening through Sunday evening, it all goes straight to hell!
I need some assistance from my fellow members who have gone through this and found success.
Awaiting your suggetions.
And thanks!
Cactusbarrel.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cactusbarrel
[Hello Everyone:
Any and all suggestions will be considered. This is my dilema:
From Monday morning thru Friday lunch I stick with a healthy eating plan.
I can feel myself on Friday gearing up for the binge.
Yes, it's an emotinal thing I know but I can't seem to find the right elelment to get over this. I end up gaining about 3lbs.
Come Friday evening through Sunday evening, it all goes straight to hell!
I need some assistance from my fellow members who have gone through this and found success.
Awaiting your suggetions.
And thanks!
Cactusbarrel.
Set your weigh-in-day to Monday morning. The thought of the scale going up from your weekend binge will likely act as an impediment.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

I have similar struggles. Nights and weekends (unstructured time, mostly) are hardest for me. A couple things help:

1. Get on FitDay and post frequently to stay accountable...just check in. Announce that you're going to do it, then do it. One thread that is pretty active is the 7-day-motivational thread in support and motivation section. Check it out.
2. Don't restrict so much during the week that you can't help but go over the edge. Make sure you have few enough calories to use but don't deprive yourself.
3. Commit to weighing/measuring and logging everything in your food log, no matter how much you end up eating.
4. Figure out what your trigger foods are and stay far, far away. Don't keep them in the house; if you have to, have someone hide them.
5. Avoid processed foods. Much of that stuff has ingredients (simple carbs, sugar, etc.) that make you crave more once you eat a little It makes portion control very difficult.
6. Commit to doing a journal entry before you eat anything. FitDay has a journal tab.

If I think of anything else, I'll add it. Good luck, and don't be a stranger!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thank you, I will do just that!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

I used to do the same thing. a couple tricks I use are exercise twice on saturday and sunday. Seems easier to control than food temptations.
Also cut back on carbs unless you can't avoid it.
If you drink alcohol- find a guilt free drink, I order 1 beer and the sugary drinks have tons of calories.
Instead of having the goal of losing, have your goal be not gaining! Celebrate!!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Wow, I really like those suggestions. I will put them into action this weekend. The thought of exercising twice on Saturday and Sunday really caught my eye. Thank you!