FitDay Member

1. Cardio at least 3 days for 45 minutes: N, N, 20 min, N
2. Make 2 new homemade meals for the week: N, Y, N, N
3. Stretch everyday: N, Y, Y, Y
4. Log it! N, Y, Y, Y
5. <1700 calories/day: N/A, 1689, 2170, 1857
Old 01-10-2013, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Sarah! <Blows Horn> .... confetti ....

I like the idea of celebrating also. And, it's totally a bonus that your family wants to work out with you!

We generally post our personal goals to this forum, so there isn't an 'accountability checklist' per se. We operate more on an individual accountability model.

Great to have you here.

- Donna
Old 01-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
Mike: I know this is just one bit of anecdotal info that may not be worth a plug nickle, but... My Honey used to have chronic back pain, on and off for years. Used to get shots for it and everything. Until... one day I was adamant that we get a new mattress set and, Miracle Cure! He hasn't been bothered by back pain since. I, on the other hand, don't sleep as well on this bed as I did on the last one, but if it cures what ails him, I love it.

Your mileage may vary. Hope you feel better soon.

- Donna
I new mattress would definitely help. I actually flipped and turned it yesterday, but I think it's all flipped and turned out. This is my middle back, which has been bothering me for a couple weeks. Yesterday at the gym we were going to do over heard barbell military press. I was going to sit down because I know my back as been on the edge. My buddy wanted to do it standing up, so against my better judgement, I did as well. On my 3rd set, when the bar was fully extended over my, I felt like my balance was off and tensed up just enough to tweak my back. I'm paying for it today. I also have a lower back issue, bulging discs and have had a series of epidurals.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off, T - Y, W - off, Th - Y
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - Y

I forgot about the water goal, sorry, Mike! I think I'm at around maybe 48 oz. for today, so...not quite there.

Today, I'm spending my extra calories on a big glass of red wine - mmmmm!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bojibridge
1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off, T - Y, W - off, Th - Y
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - Y

I forgot about the water goal, sorry, Mike! I think I'm at around maybe 48 oz. for today, so...not quite there.

Today, I'm spending my extra calories on a big glass of red wine - mmmmm!
Yeah 16 oz of wine won't bring you up to 64 oz of water. You always have tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

Ugh, treating my third low blood sugar of the day just sent me over on my calories... The joys of insulin+working out. I'm going to do some testing with my pump tomorrow to see where I need to lower my insulin levels.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:27 AM

1. Take meds 2x day
yes, yes, yes
2. Log everything
yes, yes, no
3. Plan meals day before so I have a plan ready to go when I wake up
no, yes, yes

Where in the world have I been? It's Friday and I've only updated my goals 3 times. I must have been sleeping one of those days.

I binged on sugar last night. And I didn't log it because I didn't want to face the music.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thurs. Report

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 250, 188, 196, 183
  • Lift weights @ gym (> 30 mins): Y
  • & Exercise > 30 mins x 2: Y(1), Y(2)
  • Vegetables! > 3 servings/day: Y, Y, Y, N
    • Only 2 vegetable servings, unless Boudin counts as a vegetable
Was pretty good yesterday except for the 1/2 cup of chocolate covered fruit & nuts. Next week I'll have to have more goals.

- Donna
Old 01-11-2013, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa: Log everything! For me, it's good to have a visual reminder of where I went astray, what I've got to 'make up for' and what I should avoid next time. As in: What's with those spikes in the chart? a) Chocolate b) Red Wine c) Red Wine & Chocolate d) Champagne, Shellfish, & Butter.
(Answers in white to protect the weak.)

Mike: If you get a new bed, make sure to spend the time to find the right one for you. The one Honey bought was one of those "highly recommended" (ie: pricey) models, but he hasn't had an issue in the five+ years since then. Still it was probably cheaper that doctor visits + time off from work.

Joanna: In my experience, low cals + red wine is not a healthy combo. One or the other may work, but not both!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Donna, normally I'd agree with you, although it ended up being a non issue yesterday. After treating a late evening low, I ended up more around 1550 for my calories, with the wine included. Still not too bad, especially considering I've average pretty low the rest of the week. Got on the scale this morning and was down a pound from yesterday, so just goes to show more calories can be good every once a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.